Love at first sight?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Love at first sight?
Do you think there's one person out there that, by one look, you can fall in love with? Like a soul mate made only for you?
Or do you think such a bond takes time to build? That there could be more than one person, and to create such a bond, you've got to apply the effort to create something of the sort?
What do you think of the world love and its meaning in general?
I think that people should stop throwing the world around like it's not as strong as it is.
I think that the word 'love' our tongues toss around on a regular basis is a mockery of the actual definition. A replica of what the term actually is. Like the purpose of the term has actually yet to be fulfilled, identified, contemplated correctly, you know?

kgo. o:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes itsFerdinand's post
01-11-2011, 10:03 AM
RE: Love at first sight?
(01-11-2011 10:01 AM)itsFerdinand Wrote:  Do you think there's one person out there that, by one look, you can fall in love with? Like a soul mate made only for you?
Or do you think such a bond takes time to build? That there could be more than one person, and to create such a bond, you've got to apply the effort to create something of the sort?
What do you think of the world love and its meaning in general?
I think that people should stop throwing the world around like it's not as strong as it is.
I think that the word 'love' our tongues toss around on a regular basis is a mockery of the actual definition. A replica of what the term actually is. Like the purpose of the term has actually yet to be fulfilled, identified, contemplated correctly, you know?

kgo. o:

Love at first sight is overated. When you see someone you like you feel madly attracted to him/her. It's like a very big crush and not nesicerally love, most people take love like it is a joke now a days
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like DaylightDusk's post
01-11-2011, 10:05 AM
(01-11-2011 10:03 AM)DaylightDusk Wrote:  Love at first sight is overated. When you see someone you like you feel madly attracted to him/her. It's like a very big crush and not nesicerally love, most people take love like it is a joke now a days

I think the feelings you have for someone at first sight are just a fraction of lust you quickly develop for them. Love is a complex bond. I believe it takes time to create such a tie between two people. The longer the bond lasts, depending on how you treat it, predicts whether the bond will sooner break, or longer hold together.
[+] 2 users Like itsFerdinand's post
01-11-2011, 10:05 AM

(01-11-2011 10:01 AM)itsFerdinand Wrote:  Do you think there's one person out there that, by one look, you can fall in love with?

I believe that looks are now the downfall in the world.
If someone doesn't look good, we turn away.
I'm the kind of person that is drawn to you for your looks, but start to fall in love with someone, once I learn about them & their personality.
That special one, that I can't get out of my mind. She has me drawn to her because she is AMAZINGLY & UTTERLY beautiful, but also because she has the greatest personality that I have ever come across.
I think that you have to have time to fall in love.
So no. I don't believe in love at first sight.
I believe in attraction at first sight.
That is all.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes calmyourtitsbro's post
01-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Love is Void.
Love is the emotional dynamic of least entropy.
Yeah, that's what I know, and if you don't know that - then shush. Big Grin
Love is everywhere, in all things; a river in branches that flows to singularity.
People who state "love at first sight doesn't happen" just ain't got bit yet. I pretty much fell in love with that dang Gwyneth Paltrow first time I drew her - 11 years later, I kinda radiate that love stuff. The passage of time adds or subtracts certainty. "Love is Void" is a statement of absolute certainty - I'm gonna love that dang Gwynnies foreverzzz. Tongue

And no, it ain't just "someone." There is a plurality of potential.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
01-11-2011, 12:14 PM
I don't believe in love at first sight at all. I just don't get how you can fall in love with someone you don't really know. Yes looks are a bonus but I would have to fall in love with someone's personality I think.

Course I'm 19 with limited life experience and haven't ever been in love so I'm just kinda speculating.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
01-11-2011, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2011 12:19 PM by kim.)
Quote:Love is Void.

I like that.
Love is random and does change over time... I don't know if I would necessarily say it degrades, but rather changes and becomes a different thing... possibly more... somehow, not really less... at least not in my experience.

Is it instantaneous?... Love at first sight?
How do you know it if you've never seen it? If you've never experienced it?
Once love is experienced, it has surely changed how you then begin to perceive it. And then, you look for more things to indicate if it was really love... or possibly not love but just attraction.

Quote:I don't believe in love at first sight.
I believe in attraction at first sight.

I go along with that as well... attraction is attraction... and who knows what that is? It's so individual.
There is such a thing as being in love with love itself, and that usually contributes to "love at first sight"... which is really just attraction being all dressed up in love.

I think "love at first sight" is a possibility, that might require experiences to know what it is not.

I do know we can categorize and quantify it all we want, but love itself can not be measured.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
01-11-2011, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2011 12:24 PM by houseofcantor.)
(01-11-2011 12:14 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I don't believe in love at first sight at all. I just don't get how you can fall in love with someone you don't really know. Yes looks are a bonus but I would have to fall in love with someone's personality I think.

Course I'm 19 with limited life experience and haven't ever been in love so I'm just kinda speculating.

I ain't saying nuttin - I'm just warning ya. The first time I saw this girl Kate, she was a silhouette behind the curtain, and I was twentysomething. And love occured, bent me over and had its way with me. Big Grin

Owee, I'm sayin' Big Grin
(01-11-2011 12:14 PM)kim Wrote:  
Quote:Love is Void.

I like that.
Love is random and does change over time... I don't know if I would necessarily say it degrades, but rather changes and becomes a different thing... possibly more... somehow, not really less... at least not in my experience.

I've gotten into it with others why considered that love "fades or degrades." Love is Void - is objective science. Big Grin

That I have simplified in evolution from I love Gwyneth Paltrow to I love; I'm gonna love my Gwynnies foreverz, but if forever shall come to pass, I will still love. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]