Love is all you need! Love unites all, what is good.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2016, 05:21 PM
RE: Love is all you need! Love unites all, what is good.
(28-11-2016 04:21 PM)KerimF Wrote:  
(28-11-2016 12:07 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Also researchers Helmuth Nyborg and Richard Lynn, of the University of Ulster, compared belief in God and IQs. Using data from a US study of 6,825 adolescents, the authors found that the average IQ of atheists was 6 points higher than the average IQ of theists.

By the way, these researchers were atheist or theist? Wink
I bet they also concluded that most Chinese are more intelligent than most Americans Big Grin

Seriously, I personally feel better talking to an atheist than a formal theist.
For example, a formal theist has no right to be open minded and should defend his god (actually the earthly representatives of his god).
Also a formal theist has to follow both heavenly and earthly rules and apply them on others. But when I am with an atheist, I have his earthly rules only to respect Wink

Why is their religion even a question? Would a Christian be less honest about what they found, if the data fit the same conclusion? Are you suggesting that an atheist would make stuff up?

But on the other hand, you actually were right about something. Nyborg and Lynn got into quite a bit of trouble for writing that they found higher IQ averages in northeast Asia than in Europe and North America, and higher in Europe/NA than in sub-Saharan Africa.

Their work has been heavily criticized and scrutinized (since it appears to be racist as fuck), but appears to have withstood most of the vitriol thrown at it. They collected a LOT of data before they published these ideas. To be fair, their main contention seems to be that lower IQ averages are caused by poverty and the associated hardships and poor nutrition that go along with it, not by the actual race of the person.

But all in all, color me impressed that you actually knew what SYZ was talking about! Thumbsup

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2016, 08:17 AM
RE: Love is all you need! Love unites all, what is good.
(28-11-2016 05:21 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(28-11-2016 04:21 PM)KerimF Wrote:  By the way, these researchers were atheist or theist? Wink
I bet they also concluded that most Chinese are more intelligent than most Americans Big Grin

Seriously, I personally feel better talking to an atheist than a formal theist.
For example, a formal theist has no right to be open minded and should defend his god (actually the earthly representatives of his god).
Also a formal theist has to follow both heavenly and earthly rules and apply them on others. But when I am with an atheist, I have his earthly rules only to respect Wink

Why is their religion even a question? Would a Christian be less honest about what they found, if the data fit the same conclusion? Are you suggesting that an atheist would make stuff up?

But on the other hand, you actually were right about something. Nyborg and Lynn got into quite a bit of trouble for writing that they found higher IQ averages in northeast Asia than in Europe and North America, and higher in Europe/NA than in sub-Saharan Africa.

Their work has been heavily criticized and scrutinized (since it appears to be racist as fuck), but appears to have withstood most of the vitriol thrown at it. They collected a LOT of data before they published these ideas. To be fair, their main contention seems to be that lower IQ averages are caused by poverty and the associated hardships and poor nutrition that go along with it, not by the actual race of the person.

But all in all, color me impressed that you actually knew what SYZ was talking about! Thumbsup

And I wonder what are the IQ average of those who made/prepared the IQ test(s) Big Grin

By the way, when I was a teacher in a lab of electronic projects (BS) for a rather short period of time (while I was attending my MS courses) I used asking my students 5 questions in an exam. During the exam, a student was allowed to have any book(s) to help him. The student who was able answering properly two questions in the least he got the full grade. If he answered just one, he passed the exam. Right after the exam, I used presenting them the right answers to avoid any confusion. It happened that no one (they were about 15 in my lab) was able answering more than one question. So my students were fortunate because I had to return back home and a conventional teacher replaced me Big Grin

What I like saying is that the result of each IQ test is relative to many factors, mainly to the team that has prepared and approved it.
By the way, does an IQ test depend on one's memory? Mine is too short.

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply