Love your enemies?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2015, 02:05 PM
RE: Love your enemies?
(16-12-2015 01:59 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  It always amazes me when people try to claim Christianity is about love, but really it's only about love under certain conditions, i.e. loving god, and if you don't love god you're a terrible person, and people completely ignore this, because they don't want their precious religion to look bad. Just a pet peeve.

Yup, and another favorite, "You could love God if you wanted to. God wants you to want to believe in Him and love him. He doesn't force anybody to do anything, but there are consequences of disobeying. God didn't want robots."

Of course he didn't want robots, you can't torture robots. Hobo
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like jennybee's post
16-12-2015, 02:18 PM
(16-12-2015 02:05 PM)jennybee Wrote:  God didn't want robots.
Of course he didn't want robots, you can't torture robots.

Daaaaaamn....

That's worth writing down. Thumbsup

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
16-12-2015, 02:58 PM
(16-12-2015 01:59 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  It always amazes me when people try to claim Christianity is about love, but really it's only about love under certain conditions, i.e. loving god, and if you don't love god you're a terrible person, and people completely ignore this, because they don't want their precious religion to look bad. If you're going to believe in your religion at least be honest about what your religion says. Just a pet peeve.

Well, that's the core message of Abrahamic religions. "Hello I am your creator the almighty God. I love you deeply. I have loved you since you were conceived in the womb and I will love you for all eternity. I died for you on the cross because I love you so much. I want to have a loving personal relationship with you. I will answer all of your prayers through my love. But if you do not get down on your knees and worship me, I will punish you in the fires of hell for all eternity.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like izel's post
16-12-2015, 03:01 PM
I can't say I really have any enemies.
Or maybe it's I don't really have any friends.
I always get the two mixed up.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
16-12-2015, 04:17 PM
(16-12-2015 02:05 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(16-12-2015 01:59 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  It always amazes me when people try to claim Christianity is about love, but really it's only about love under certain conditions, i.e. loving god, and if you don't love god you're a terrible person, and people completely ignore this, because they don't want their precious religion to look bad. Just a pet peeve.

Yup, and another favorite, "You could love God if you wanted to. God wants you to want to believe in Him and love him. He doesn't force anybody to do anything, but there are consequences of disobeying. God didn't want robots."

Of course he didn't want robots, you can't torture robots. Hobo

.... really?

That just shows a lack of robust AI design. Build more torturable robots!
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
16-12-2015, 06:16 PM
(16-12-2015 12:15 PM)izel Wrote:  
(16-12-2015 11:39 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Love my enemies ?

Depends.

Are they cute ?

It depends, what would you see as cute?

[Image: 636741-veilreuters-1385361096-879-640x480.jpg]

[Image: burka.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-12-2015, 06:26 PM
(16-12-2015 06:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-12-2015 12:15 PM)izel Wrote:  It depends, what would you see as cute?

[Image: 636741-veilreuters-1385361096-879-640x480.jpg]

[Image: burka.jpg]

You look hot girly Tongue

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes izel's post
16-12-2015, 06:35 PM
No greater love hath any man than a mother cat who would give her life for her kittens! ANgorra 4:11
17-12-2015, 06:54 PM
Love your enemies?
That's one of the many things I don't like about this religion. Jesus also said not to judge yet he judges us all and threatens hell. Maybe he was bipolar... :/
17-12-2015, 08:04 PM
(17-12-2015 06:54 PM)musicharmony87 Wrote:  That's one of the many things I don't like about this religion. Jesus also said not to judge yet he judges us all and threatens hell. Maybe he was bipolar... :/
It's just the magic of special pleading. Lately I have come to realize the Abrahamic god gets to do all sorts of things that he forbids to humans, supposedly based on his perfect morality that he himself will not follow. Judging is okay for god because god is all knowing and completely just, unlike us.

Heck, I even debated lately on another site with a guy who claims god does evil that good may come of it, despite that he expressly forbids this to humans. Because god can know that good will eventually come of it, it's not ... evil for him to do evil. Or something like that. This is a minority position (within the universal reconciliation camp) but there's a whole publishing house devoted to this notion.