Love your enemies?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2015, 09:04 PM
Love your enemies?
(17-12-2015 08:04 PM)mordant Wrote:  
(17-12-2015 06:54 PM)musicharmony87 Wrote:  That's one of the many things I don't like about this religion. Jesus also said not to judge yet he judges us all and threatens hell. Maybe he was bipolar... :/
It's just the magic of special pleading. Lately I have come to realize the Abrahamic god gets to do all sorts of things that he forbids to humans, supposedly based on his perfect morality that he himself will not follow. Judging is okay for god because god is all knowing and completely just, unlike us.

Heck, I even debated lately on another site with a guy who claims god does evil that good may come of it, despite that he expressly forbids this to humans. Because god can know that good will eventually come of it, it's not ... evil for him to do evil. Or something like that. This is a minority position (within the universal reconciliation camp) but there's a whole publishing house devoted to this notion.

God does evil? Yeah I can see that. God sits by and watches people have heart attacks, and other people die from cancer. If there was an all powerful God he would save them but he doesnt. Then Xians give excuses like it wasn't in gods plan. Or some other shit. I just can't believe people sometimes. Smh. I just can't believe that people say it's not in gods plan and they are ok with that! I'd be pissed off! They give God way too much credit.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2015, 03:48 PM
RE: Love your enemies?
(17-12-2015 09:04 PM)musicharmony87 Wrote:  God does evil? Yeah I can see that. God sits by and watches people have heart attacks, and other people die from cancer. If there was an all powerful God he would save them but he doesnt. Then Xians give excuses like it wasn't in gods plan. Or some other shit. I just can't believe people sometimes. Smh. I just can't believe that people say it's not in gods plan and they are ok with that! I'd be pissed off! They give God way too much credit.

There is also this: Regardless of the circumstances of your birth or who your parents are, God had a plan in creating you. If theist would take a moment and think about what the meaning of "God's plan" really is, "He planned the days of your life in advance, choosing the exact time of your birth and death". What this means is that God has pre-planned every abortion that has taken place on our planet.

If the concept of "God's plan" is true, you can first of all see that God wants us to be aborting children. Every single abortion is planned by God, so God must be doing it for a reason. Second, you can see that both the mother who requests the abortion and the doctor who performs it are blameless. Since it is God who planned the abortion of the child. God chose the "exact time" of the death, according Islam, Christianity and Judaism, the mother and doctor are simply puppets who are fulfilling God's plan, are they not? What about all the Christians who are fighting against abortion? If abortion is part of God's plan, why are they fighting it? God is the all-powerful ruler of the universe, and his plan is for more than a million children a year to die through abortion.

What about Adolph Hitler? Was he also Gods plan? He was evil, and Hitler is well known for the atrocious things he did. Consider this statement: "Hitler was part of God's Plan. In Islam, and I imagine in Christianity as well, the claim is "God never does anything accidentally" now let's say that you say a prayer in this sort of universe. What difference does it make? God has his plan, and that plan is running down its track like a freight train. If God has a plan, then everyone who died in the Holocaust died for a reason. They had to die, and each death had meaning. Therefore, Holocaust victims could pray all day, and they would still die. The idea of a "plan" makes the idea of a "prayer-answering relationship with God" a contradiction, doesn't it? Yet Islam, Christianity and Judaism firmly believe the idea of "if you ask, God shall/will grant it to you" they seem to attach themselves to both ideas, despite the irresolvable problem the two ideas create.

Even when I believed in God, I was never able to understand this ideology, still boggles my mind. It is simply ridiculous, childish and utter nonsense. Santa Claus story makes more sense to me, and we all know that's just a fairy tale.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes izel's post
22-12-2015, 03:55 PM
(22-12-2015 03:48 PM)izel Wrote:  
(17-12-2015 09:04 PM)musicharmony87 Wrote:  God does evil? Yeah I can see that. God sits by and watches people have heart attacks, and other people die from cancer. If there was an all powerful God he would save them but he doesnt. Then Xians give excuses like it wasn't in gods plan. Or some other shit. I just can't believe people sometimes. Smh. I just can't believe that people say it's not in gods plan and they are ok with that! I'd be pissed off! They give God way too much credit.

There is also this: Regardless of the circumstances of your birth or who your parents are, God had a plan in creating you. If theist would take a moment and think about what the meaning of "God's plan" really is, "He planned the days of your life in advance, choosing the exact time of your birth and death". What this means is that God has pre-planned every abortion that has taken place on our planet.

If the concept of "God's plan" is true, you can first of all see that God wants us to be aborting children. Every single abortion is planned by God, so God must be doing it for a reason. Second, you can see that both the mother who requests the abortion and the doctor who performs it are blameless. Since it is God who planned the abortion of the child. God chose the "exact time" of the death, according Islam, Christianity and Judaism, the mother and doctor are simply puppets who are fulfilling God's plan, are they not? What about all the Christians who are fighting against abortion? If abortion is part of God's plan, why are they fighting it? God is the all-powerful ruler of the universe, and his plan is for more than a million children a year to die through abortion.

What about Adolph Hitler? Was he also Gods plan? He was evil, and Hitler is well known for the atrocious things he did. Consider this statement: "Hitler was part of God's Plan. In Islam, and I imagine in Christianity as well, the claim is "God never does anything accidentally" now let's say that you say a prayer in this sort of universe. What difference does it make? God has his plan, and that plan is running down its track like a freight train. If God has a plan, then everyone who died in the Holocaust died for a reason. They had to die, and each death had meaning. Therefore, Holocaust victims could pray all day, and they would still die. The idea of a "plan" makes the idea of a "prayer-answering relationship with God" a contradiction, doesn't it? Yet Islam, Christianity and Judaism firmly believe the idea of "if you ask, God shall/will grant it to you" they seem to attach themselves to both ideas, despite the irresolvable problem the two ideas create.

Even when I believed in God, I was never able to understand this ideology, still boggles my mind. It is simply ridiculous, childish and utter nonsense. Santa Claus story makes more sense to me, and we all know that's just a fairy tale.

Dafuq you talking about with your Santa Claus is a fairy tale shit?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
22-12-2015, 04:20 PM
(22-12-2015 03:55 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 03:48 PM)izel Wrote:  There is also this: Regardless of the circumstances of your birth or who your parents are, God had a plan in creating you. If theist would take a moment and think about what the meaning of "God's plan" really is, "He planned the days of your life in advance, choosing the exact time of your birth and death". What this means is that God has pre-planned every abortion that has taken place on our planet.

Dafuq you talking about with your Santa Claus is a fairy tale shit?

I think it would be easier to back the story of Santa. So, we can argue that he is not a fairy tale. But what would people think of us? They would think we are delusional, and rightly so. Laugh out load

1 Like = 1 Prayer
23-12-2015, 02:00 AM
(22-12-2015 04:20 PM)izel Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 03:55 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Dafuq you talking about with your Santa Claus is a fairy tale shit?

I think it would be easier to back the story of Santa. So, we can argue that he is not a fairy tale. But what would people think of us? They would think we are delusional, and rightly so. Laugh out load

Pff. Whatevs. Haters gonna hate.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
24-12-2015, 03:32 PM
(23-12-2015 02:00 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 04:20 PM)izel Wrote:  I think it would be easier to back the story of Santa. So, we can argue that he is not a fairy tale. But what would people think of us? They would think we are delusional, and rightly so. Laugh out load

Pff. Whatevs. Haters gonna hate.

This is what we're talking about folks. Santaists are being persecuted. These damn naughty ones are just mad at santa because they want to be naughty. This is a Santayana nation, and it's always been a Santayana nation. Santa wrote the Constitution and gave us rights. All of the Founding Sperm Donors were Santaists. If you don't believe in Santa, he's going to freeze your ass under the North Pole for all eternity as his elves jab you with sticks. Leave your sacrifice of cookies and milk (or vodka, if that's what Santa preferes in your house). Beware of the false carollers who sing of the Antisanta. They dwell among you as gnomes in elves' clothing. Fa la la la la....

Hug Merry Santachrisaturnfestivyulistlessmas, Erx.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
24-12-2015, 04:04 PM
(24-12-2015 03:32 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(23-12-2015 02:00 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Pff. Whatevs. Haters gonna hate.

This is what we're talking about folks. Santaists are being persecuted. These damn naughty ones are just mad at santa because they want to be naughty. This is a Santayana nation, and it's always been a Santayana nation. Santa wrote the Constitution and gave us rights. All of the Founding Sperm Donors were Santaists. If you don't believe in Santa, he's going to freeze your ass under the North Pole for all eternity as his elves jab you with sticks. Leave your sacrifice of cookies and milk (or vodka, if that's what Santa preferes in your house). Beware of the false carollers who sing of the Antisanta. They dwell among you as gnomes in elves' clothing. Fa la la la la....

Hug Merry Santachrisaturnfestivyulistlessmas, Erx.

We can make a better argument to prove Santa is real then bible has done for Christianity nor Quran for Islam.

There is a man who lives at the North Pole.
He lives there with his wife and a bunch of elves.
During the year, he and the elves build toys.
Then, on Christmas Eve, he loads up a sack with all the toys.
He puts the sack in his sleigh.
He hitches up eight (or possibly nine) flying reindeer.
He then flies from house to house, landing on the rooftops of each one.
He gets out with his sack and climbs down the chimney.
He leaves toys for the children of the household.
He climbs back up the chimney, gets back in his sleigh, and flies to the next house.
He does this all around the world in one night.
Then he flies back to the North Pole to repeat the cycle next year.
This is the story of Santa as we all now right?

Since you are my friend, you might try to help me realize that my belief in Santa is a delusion. The way that you would try to do that is by asking me some questions. For example, you might say to me:

"But how can the sleigh carry enough toys for everyone in the world?" I say to you that the sleigh is magical. It has the ability to do this intrinsically.

"How does Santa get into houses and apartments that don't have chimneys?" I say that Santa can make chimneys appear, as shown to all of us in the movie The Santa Clause.

"How does Santa get down the chimney if there's a fire in the fireplace?" I say that Santa has a special flame-resistant suit, and it cleans itself too.

"Why doesn't the security system detect Santa?" Santa is invisible to security systems.

"How can Santa travel fast enough to visit every child in one night?" Santa is timeless.

"How can Santa know whether every child has been bad or good?" Santa is omniscient.

"Why are the toys distributed so unevenly? Why does Santa deliver more toys to rich kids, even if they are bad, than he ever gives to poor kids?"
There is no way for us to understand the mysteries of Santa because we are mere mortals, but Santa has his reasons. For example, perhaps poor children would be unable to handle a flood of expensive electronic toys. How would they afford the batteries? So Santa spares them this burden.

These are all quite logical questions that you have asked. I have answered all of them for you. I am wondering why you can't see what I see, and you are wondering how I can be so insane. That's how theist sound to us Laugh out load

1 Like = 1 Prayer
[+] 2 users Like izel's post
24-12-2015, 04:19 PM
Santa Apologetics. We should publish a book. We'll make millions!

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
24-12-2015, 04:54 PM
(24-12-2015 04:19 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Santa Apologetics. We should publish a book. We'll make millions!

And we'll be worshiped by billions for next 3000 years Laugh out load

1 Like = 1 Prayer
[+] 3 users Like izel's post
24-12-2015, 05:00 PM
(24-12-2015 04:54 PM)izel Wrote:  
(24-12-2015 04:19 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Santa Apologetics. We should publish a book. We'll make millions!

And we'll be worshiped by billions for next 3000 years Laugh out load

Be careful what you wish for. Drinking Beverage

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post