Lover is "spiritual" PLEASE HELP

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2016, 01:01 AM
Sad Lover is "spiritual" PLEASE HELP
My boyfriend has some mental health issues I think. I can't quite pin it down, but he is just kind of "odd". He told me that when he was a kid, he saw a two year old get hit by a car, and ever since he has been in contact with her spirit by this day by summoning her spirit with a Ouija board. :laughat:He also said he doesn't know if crystals have power but its possible they do. No He has very bizarre ways of thinking. We had an argument, and I told him there are no such things as spirits of God/Gods etc. He told me I need to open up my mind more.Dodgy This was extremely insulting to me. I tried to explain that I am a college graduate, who studied religion in early college. I have also studied how the brain works. I really think he is to set in is ways to change his mind. Other than his "spirituality" not to much gets in the way. I really do love him but I fear that he might just be to stupid for me. Any advice?? He is really a great guy. Should I turn on a bunch of Dawkins documentaries? I am so lostSadcryface2Sadcryface
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2016, 03:51 AM
RE: Lover is "spiritual" PLEASE HELP
Hug
05-10-2016, 05:43 AM
You can always teach him to cook.....

That way, after sex - he'll be good for SOMETHING.....

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
05-10-2016, 05:51 AM
(05-10-2016 01:01 AM)RitzyGrape Wrote:  My boyfriend has some mental health issues I think. I can't quite pin it down, but he is just kind of "odd". He told me that when he was a kid, he saw a two year old get hit by a car, and ever since he has been in contact with her spirit by this day by summoning her spirit with a Ouija board. :laughat:He also said he doesn't know if crystals have power but its possible they do. No He has very bizarre ways of thinking. We had an argument, and I told him there are no such things as spirits of God/Gods etc. He told me I need to open up my mind more.Dodgy This was extremely insulting to me. I tried to explain that I am a college graduate, who studied religion in early college. I have also studied how the brain works. I really think he is to set in is ways to change his mind. Other than his "spirituality" not to much gets in the way. I really do love him but I fear that he might just be to stupid for me. Any advice?? He is really a great guy. Should I turn on a bunch of Dawkins documentaries? I am so lostSadcryface2Sadcryface

He is not spiritual, he is delusional.

Since it really bothers you, dump him.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
05-10-2016, 06:04 AM
The man's nuts.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
05-10-2016, 06:30 AM
I wonder if psychotherapy would help. Does that mean all religious people are delusional to an extent? And what about spiritual? Are spiritual people not sure what to think so they make up some crazy shit in their head to make sense of their shitty existance? And who in the right mind would tell an atheist to open up their mind. Im so profoundly offended. But its by an idiot that i kinda love. Mabye he is just mr. Right. Now
05-10-2016, 06:30 AM
Tell him that you're a vampire and will be needing his blood from now on.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
05-10-2016, 06:43 AM
(05-10-2016 06:30 AM)RitzyGrape Wrote:  I wonder if psychotherapy would help. Does that mean all religious people are delusional to an extent? And what about spiritual? Are spiritual people not sure what to think so they make up some crazy shit in their head to make sense of their shitty existance? And who in the right mind would tell an atheist to open up their mind. Im so profoundly offended. But its by an idiot that i kinda love. Mabye he is just mr. Right. Now
Chas cut right to the point, but I do know this:
Getting into or continuing a relationship with a plan on "Fixing" your partner will always fail.
At best it is wishful thinking, at worst it is manipulation and games forever. Not a good way to spend your life.
[+] 11 users Like skyking's post
05-10-2016, 06:49 AM
(05-10-2016 06:43 AM)skyking Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 06:30 AM)RitzyGrape Wrote:  I wonder if psychotherapy would help. Does that mean all religious people are delusional to an extent? And what about spiritual? Are spiritual people not sure what to think so they make up some crazy shit in their head to make sense of their shitty existance? And who in the right mind would tell an atheist to open up their mind. Im so profoundly offended. But its by an idiot that i kinda love. Mabye he is just mr. Right. Now
Chas cut right to the point, but I do know this:
Getting into or continuing a relationship with a plan on "Fixing" your partner will always fail.
At best it is wishful thinking, at worst it is manipulation and games forever. Not a good way to spend your life.
As painful as that is to hear i need to hear it. Im so sad somebody can beleive stupid things. It really depresses me. I can try and act like it doesnt bug me. But in the back of my mind there will always be his magic bubble of spirits, ghosts, paranormal bullshit he REALLY BELEIVES. Like. I cant even....
[+] 2 users Like RitzyGrape's post
05-10-2016, 07:16 AM
Oh wow. I can deal with my boyfriend's Christianity just fine. This is a bit much, though.