"Loving" Christian uncle.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2013, 03:17 AM
"Loving" Christian uncle.
A loving note left on my FB a couple days ago. Thought I'd share. It's from an uncle that I am not close to. I'm not sure if he copied it from somewhere or if he made it up, but here it is. Ugh:

THERE ARE NO ATHEISTS

Someone one day found the comedian W.C. Feild's reading the Bible and asked what he was doing. His reply was "just looking for loopholes, just looking for loopholes." There are a lot of people who read with the same intention of disregarding any evidence. After all we are so much more advance than they were 1,950 years ago when this ancient book was written.

There are only three options to explain our existence, one is to believe in God, another is agnosticism which states their may be a God but I haven't found proof. The last is atheism where one will state they know God does not exist. This is not just a non- belief in God but a willful denial of his existence. Agnosticism is where one admits that they do not know if God exists, not having the proof or that there is a personal God who has always existed.

No one is born an atheist, they learn NOT to believe, just as one learns to believe. People choose to become atheists as much as they choose to become Christians, unfortunately they usually disbelieve by default. Hopefully one become s Christian because of evidence.

Atheism is natural to man, it is the most comfortable position. It is a reflection of his depraved state being engulfed in sin. The Bible states: the fool has said in his heart there is no God. Why, because there is so much evidence to the contrary? No, it is more of a hopeful out look so that they will not be accountable to anyone or for anything they have done.

God is aware of the atheist while the atheist is not aware of God. In response he says Psalm 14:1-2 The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none who does good. The LORD looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any who understand, who seek God.”

No matter how strenuously some may try to deny it, atheism is a belief system. It requires just as much faith (believing) to embrace that God does not exist, even more belief than a Christian would need to believe he does exist. Atheism has made a secular belief system (religion/philosophy) of having no God and their focus is usually nature. God's creation has replaced the one who made it. An atheist must assume that personal unique intricate living organisms arose from impersonal disorderly chaos. Something had to come from nothing. They have no explanation for a beginning of when or why. There is no purpose in what we see and call creation. Atheism assumes that the potential gives rise to the actual. Reality shows that something actualized the potential itself. All Potentials have an actualizer. Scrap iron from a junk yard does not form itself into an airplane or a building without some thing that is able to put it to order. All designs have a designer, and the universe has proven to be incredibly designed. Even the minutest organism is more complex than the space shuttle.

Hobo
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2013, 03:27 AM
RE: "Loving" Christian uncle.
oh, a beautiful straw man right there, you gotta love the craftsmanship

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
06-04-2013, 04:13 AM
(06-04-2013 03:17 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Hobo

Any kind deeds of his you could remember?

Actions speak louder than words.

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
06-04-2013, 05:51 AM
(06-04-2013 03:17 AM)Hobbitgirl's uncle Wrote:  It is a reflection of his depraved state being engulfed in sin.

That's the basic problem. What a warped, fearful, insane belief that is.

This is the heart of the darkness that is the Christian delusion.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
06-04-2013, 06:31 AM
(06-04-2013 03:17 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  A loving note left on my FB a couple days ago. Thought I'd share. It's from an uncle that I am not close to. I'm not sure if he copied it from somewhere or if he made it up, but here it is. Ugh:

THERE ARE NO ATHEISTS

Someone one day found the comedian W.C. Feild's reading the Bible and asked what he was doing. His reply was "just looking for loopholes, just looking for loopholes."

Mark Twain observation carries more weight - "It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it's the parts that I do understand."

Quote:There are only three options to explain our existence, one is to believe in God, another is agnosticism which states their may be a God but I haven't found proof. The last is atheism where one will state they know God does not exist. This is not just a non- belief in God but a willful denial of his existence. Agnosticism is where one admits that they do not know if God exists, not having the proof or that there is a personal God who has always existed.

Quick, someone whipout that Venn Diagram we have...

Quote:No one is born an atheist, they learn NOT to believe, just as one learns to believe. People choose to become atheists as much as they choose to become Christians, unfortunately they usually disbelieve by default. Hopefully one become s Christian because of evidence.

Bullshit. A person has to be taught this crap. What evidence?

Quote:Atheism is natural to man, it is the most comfortable position. It is a reflection of his depraved state being engulfed in sin. The Bible states: the fool has said in his heart there is no God. Why, because there is so much evidence to the contrary? No, it is more of a hopeful out look so that they will not be accountable to anyone or for anything they have done.

"In the ordinary moral universe the good will do the best they can, the worst will do the worst they can, but if you want to make good people do wicked things, you need religion." -Steven Weinberg

Quote:God is aware of the atheist while the atheist is not aware of God. In response he says Psalm 14:1-2 The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none who does good. The LORD looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any who understand, who seek God.”

Here's what the religious do in the name of a loving God...atheists can't touch this http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/1000years.htm

Quote:No matter how strenuously some may try to deny it, atheism is a belief system. It requires just as much faith (believing) to embrace that God does not exist, even more belief than a Christian would need to believe he does exist. Atheism has made a secular belief system (religion/philosophy) of having no God and their focus is usually nature. God's creation has replaced the one who made it. An atheist must assume that personal unique intricate living organisms arose from impersonal disorderly chaos.

More bullshit. The default position is always "we don't know yet" NOT "God did it. We are getting closer all the time to the answer http://phys.org/news/2013-04-clues-life.html

Quote:Something had to come from nothing. They have no explanation for a beginning of when or why. There is no purpose in what we see and call creation. Atheism assumes that the potential gives rise to the actual. Reality shows that something actualized the potential itself. All Potentials have an actualizer. Scrap iron from a junk yard does not form itself into an airplane or a building without some thing that is able to put it to order. All designs have a designer, and the universe has proven to be incredibly designed. Even the minutest organism is more complex than the space shuttle.

Logical fallacy comparing man-made objects with abiogenesis and evolution.

BTW good morning

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
06-04-2013, 06:58 AM
I think I've seen it on fb. Floating on the breeze.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

06-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Tell your uncle that his own atheism nullifies the FB post. When he asks how, remind him that he doesn't believe in 99% of the gods dreamed up by man. He is more of an atheist than say a polytheist.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-04-2013, 08:24 AM
Well, that was painful to get through in all its fallacious, straw-manned, 'atheists are evil and just want to sin' drum beating glory.