Loving religion in the form of politics.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2013, 02:04 PM
Many so called secular/agnostic/atheists through indoctrination by religious politics tend to ironically support religious governments and movements. There is the common secret love for judaism and it's politics that come along with that issue, then there is Islam which also gets alot of support from so called atheists, in the form of politics.

Another one that isn't dealt with is the love for buddhism. Whether it's for the Dollar Lama or the liberal secular love for buddhist practices. And like any of these secret loves, which ever one a particular atheist loves, they tend to ignore the brutal practices of the ones they love (judaism seems to be really popular on this forum).

Right now Buddhist extremists have been killing people in Sri Lanka, not to forget that Imperial Japan and it's buddhist beliefs had no problem with mass slaughter during ww2. Yet in some strange way, now buddhism is seen as a peaceful religion.

When are atheists going to stop secretly supporting religion through politics?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes I and I's post
03-05-2013, 03:06 PM
RE: Loving religion in the form of politics.
(03-05-2013 02:04 PM)I and I Wrote:  Many so called secular/agnostic/atheists through indoctrination by religious politics tend to ironically support religious governments and movements. There is the common secret love for judaism and it's politics that come along with that issue, then there is Islam which also gets alot of support from so called atheists, in the form of politics.

Another one that isn't dealt with is the love for buddhism. Whether it's for the Dollar Lama or the liberal secular love for buddhist practices. And like any of these secret loves, which ever one a particular atheist loves, they tend to ignore the brutal practices of the ones they love (judaism seems to be really popular on this forum).

Right now Buddhist extremists have been killing people in Sri Lanka, not to forget that Imperial Japan and it's buddhist beliefs had no problem with mass slaughter during ww2. Yet in some strange way, now buddhism is seen as a peaceful religion.

You're exactly right, much the way that your Islamic beliefs lead you to defend the actions of every Muslim government. BTW the Japanese were following Shinto not buddhism in WW2 granted the 2 philosophies are mixed by adherents but you probably missed that the one afternoon your mom decided to try her hand at teaching you modern world history.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
03-05-2013, 03:29 PM
(03-05-2013 03:06 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 02:04 PM)I and I Wrote:  Many so called secular/agnostic/atheists through indoctrination by religious politics tend to ironically support religious governments and movements. There is the common secret love for judaism and it's politics that come along with that issue, then there is Islam which also gets alot of support from so called atheists, in the form of politics.

You're exactly right, much the way that your Islamic beliefs lead you to defend the actions of every Muslim government. BTW the Japanese were following Shinto not buddhism in WW2 granted the 2 philosophies are mixed by adherents but you probably missed that the one afternoon your mom decided to try her hand at teaching you modern world history.

Sounds like you love Judaism.... In which threads have I supported a Muslim government? Oh. I don't see any links coming in the near future.

Shinto is Buddhism you stupid fuck.
03-05-2013, 03:38 PM
(03-05-2013 03:29 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 03:06 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You're exactly right, much the way that your Islamic beliefs lead you to defend the actions of every Muslim government. BTW the Japanese were following Shinto not buddhism in WW2 granted the 2 philosophies are mixed by adherents but you probably missed that the one afternoon your mom decided to try her hand at teaching you modern world history.

Sounds like you love Judaism.... In which threads have I supported a Muslim government? Oh. I don't see any links coming in the near future.

Typical muslim equating every eastern religion as buddhismShinto you uneducated fool. As for links we can start with http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...DEBKA-FILE where you defended the Assad regieme against all evidence to the contrary. There are others but it doesn't do to labor the point. As for the Israelis no I don't love them in fact I don't really support them in anything other than their right to exist. I'm for a 2 state solution with Palestine since that is the only reasonable solution to the conflict.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

03-05-2013, 04:20 PM
(03-05-2013 03:38 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 03:29 PM)I and I Wrote:  Sounds like you love Judaism.... In which threads have I supported a Muslim government? Oh. I don't see any links coming in the near future.

Typical muslim equating every eastern religion as buddhismShinto you uneducated fool. As for links we can start with http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...DEBKA-FILE where you defended the Assad regieme against all evidence to the contrary. There are others but it doesn't do to labor the point. As for the Israelis no I don't love them in fact I don't really support them in anything other than their right to exist. I'm for a 2 state solution with Palestine since that is the only reasonable solution to the conflict.

Since when am I a Muslim? Because I am against the west trying to bomb women and children? I never supported Iran you stupid fuck, quoting from a news source does not mean support for their religion any more than watching CNN means one supports the Christian unites states.

And no dumbass Syria is not ruled by Islamic law or any other religious law. Hey dumbass check this out. http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2010/07/19...-veil-ban/
03-05-2013, 04:32 PM
(03-05-2013 04:20 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 03:38 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Typical muslim equating every eastern religion as buddhismShinto you uneducated fool. As for links we can start with http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...DEBKA-FILE where you defended the Assad regieme against all evidence to the contrary. There are others but it doesn't do to labor the point. As for the Israelis no I don't love them in fact I don't really support them in anything other than their right to exist. I'm for a 2 state solution with Palestine since that is the only reasonable solution to the conflict.

Since when am I a Muslim? Because I am against the west trying to bomb women and children? I never supported Iran you stupid fuck, quoting from a news source does not mean support for their religion any more than watching CNN means one supports the Christian unites states.

And no dumbass Syria is not ruled by Islamic law or any other religious law. Hey dumbass check this out. http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2010/07/19...-veil-ban/

My my you do argue like a devoted theist bouncing from one inane "point" to another always ignoring your own mistakes and incorrect positions but I shouldn't be
surprised. You are the first one to scream out that this isn't an atheist forum whenever people disagree as though that has anything to do with politics. Sounds like projection to me and given your favorite subject matter Islam seemed the most likely candidate.

[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
03-05-2013, 04:45 PM
(03-05-2013 04:32 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 04:20 PM)I and I Wrote:  Since when am I a Muslim? Because I am against the west trying to bomb women and children? I never supported Iran you stupid fuck, quoting from a news source does not mean support for their religion any more than watching CNN means one supports the Christian unites states.

My my you do argue like a devoted theist bouncing from one inane "point" to another always ignoring your own mistakes and incorrect positions but I shouldn't be
surprised. You are the first one to scream out that this isn't an atheist forum whenever people disagree as though that has anything to do with politics. Sounds like projection to me and given your favorite subject matter Islam seemed the most likely candidate.

I criticize the western backed alqaeda more than any other religious group on here. Did you just join this forum? And what one earth gave you the idea that Assads Syria was ruled by Islamic law?
03-05-2013, 04:46 PM
(03-05-2013 04:45 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 04:32 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  My my you do argue like a devoted theist bouncing from one inane "point" to another always ignoring your own mistakes and incorrect positions but I shouldn't be

I criticize the western backed alqaeda more than any other religious group on here. Did you just join this forum? And what one earth gave you the idea that Assads Syria was ruled by Islamic law?

Interesting you call them western backed but thats muslim apologetics for ya.

03-05-2013, 04:56 PM
(03-05-2013 04:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 04:45 PM)I and I Wrote:  I criticize the western backed alqaeda more than any other religious group on here. Did you just join this forum? And what one earth gave you the idea that Assads Syria was ruled by Islamic law?

Interesting you call them western backed but thats muslim apologetics for ya.

no stupid, western backed muslims mean that nut job muslims and nut job imperialist christians are working together. You don't support western backed alqaeda taking power in Syria do you? Drinking Beverage
03-05-2013, 07:37 PM
(03-05-2013 04:56 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 04:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Interesting you call them western backed but thats muslim apologetics for ya.

no stupid, western backed muslims mean that nut job muslims and nut job imperialist christians are working together. You don't support western backed alqaeda taking power in Syria do you? Drinking Beverage

Is it any better than the Iranian backed muslims taking power? Of course you would be tickled pink at either option eh Akmehd.