Loving the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2016, 09:26 AM
Loving the weather thread
Somewhere between 12 and 18 inches of snow outside right now and it's still coming down. Sure, it's going to take me a few hours to dig out but I don't care. That's hour-from-now BnW's problem! Present tense BnW is looking out the window and loving the snow!

And, I don't mind shovelling when it's the fluffy stuff like it is now. It's the wet, heavy snow I don't like digging out.

Anyway, it's a winter wonderland out there and I'm loving it! Snow makes 47 year old me feel like 7 year old me. Thumbsup

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
23-01-2016, 09:35 AM
RE: Loving the weather thread
I am jealously there has hardly been any real snowfalls in Illinois so far. I missed out and have to just recall the old times of 4ish years ago when there was last a legit snowmaggedon type storm to hit.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
23-01-2016, 10:03 AM
I wish I had that mindset, BnW! I'd rather be at the beach in warm, sunny weather, drinking a Corona and building a freakin' sandcastle!

On a positive note, I'm thankful to be inside a warm home. The snow is pretty.
23-01-2016, 10:56 AM
It's 54°F in the shade and partly cloudy. It's going to rain later, but that's OK, we need the water badly here in SoCal.
23-01-2016, 11:00 AM
I personally killed any chance we'll have any snow here in SW Michigan for the foreseeable future.....

I bought a brand new snowblower --- and then the last week I stuck almost 400 bucks into the snowmobile I bought last spring. The minute I got it all back together -- it quit snowing -- and right now it's sunny without a cloud in the sky......

Murphy's Law - as applied to meteorological systems....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
23-01-2016, 11:58 AM
I'm loving that for once, my area is not going to be hard hit by this storm. I know we'll get slammed at some point, just glad it's not now.
23-01-2016, 11:59 AM
All winter it's been warmish here in Austin. I think we technically hit freezing one night in November. Two days ago I had a crane fly in my room, usually a spring bug.
23-01-2016, 12:17 PM
Spent 90 minutes clearing the drive. Got about 80% of it done and decided to take a break. I have a small, electric blower and a 100' power cord which cuts the time down. You need to work around the cord and it's not nearly as powerful as a gas blower and takes a lot more muscle to use. On the other hand, it always starts up and the carburetor doesn't need to be catered to 11 months of the year to make sure it doesn't gunk up. I have a 50 foot drive and got about 18 inches and it's over 2 feet at the bottom near the garage due to the drifts. That part I am doing by shovel. I was half way through that when I realized I'd been out there for over 90 minutes and was hungry. But, some shoveling, some tunes, and I'm a happy guy. It doesn't take much.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
23-01-2016, 12:44 PM
If hardly any snow settles here in the UK the whole place just falls apart.

Two inches across the country would be snowmageddon never mind 2 feet.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
23-01-2016, 01:59 PM
Second wave starting in DC. We're already at 18".

#sigh