Loving the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2016, 02:02 PM
RE: Loving the weather thread
Our weather doesn't completely suck today. It's drizzly, but not quite rainy. It is dark, but I think I saw a patch of blue earlier.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2016, 02:04 PM
(23-01-2016 11:58 AM)julep Wrote:  I'm loving that for once, my area is not going to be hard hit by this storm. I know we'll get slammed at some point, just glad it's not now.

I saw a couple of snowflakes a few minutes ago while on the phone with my brother from the D.C. vicinity.
He's got 30" of snow and it's still coming down. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
23-01-2016, 02:15 PM
(23-01-2016 10:03 AM)UndauntedToast Wrote:  I wish I had that mindset, BnW! I'd rather be at the beach in warm, sunny weather, drinking a Corona and building a freakin' sandcastle!

On a positive note, I'm thankful to be inside a warm home. The snow is pretty.

So was it you I saw at Pueblito Beach? Coulda been! It is Carnival ime here as in Mardi Gras and the beach is overwhelmed with Dominicans. Usually old white guys prevail with their little Dominican babes. Come on down I'll intriduce to all the Dominicans you wish to meet.
23-01-2016, 02:47 PM
Finished shoveling for the day. Probably 3+ hours out there. Hopefully the overnight snowfall isn't too bad.

It's a good thing I not only work out but do a lot of cardio. Guys my age have been known to keel over and die from shoveling. They think they can still do it, they are not very fit, because of the cold they don't realize how over exerted they are and .. BAM! Dead. Happens every time you get a decent snow fall. I'm a little tired and numb from the cold but otherwise feel great.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
23-01-2016, 02:53 PM
I love the weather in Hawaii... to bad I live in Oklahoma. Weeping

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
23-01-2016, 08:01 PM
It was shirtsleeves while doing some exterior repair work on my M-I-L's house.
23-01-2016, 08:18 PM
It was warm -- high 50s -- here in Colorado Springs today. It's supposed to cool off and snow tomorrow but I don't know how much we'll get. It doesn't matter, we have an 8 HP snow blower and it can handle anything up to a few feet. My wife and I both love to run that thing. It has a 5 speed transmission and 2 speeds in reverse. I have a huge driveway and we can blow 2 feet of snow off it in about 15 minutes. We just put on our ski clothes and argue over who gets to run the snow blower. Big Grin
24-01-2016, 01:17 AM
All I know is Texas has won Rev over with her pleasant winter weather. He ain't never going back! Hobo

Texas > Maryland

Big Grin

24-01-2016, 10:53 AM
Spent about an hour clearing off the 4 inches that fell after I stopped last night. Then my son, my neighbor and I went and dug out one of our neighbors who is an older guy. We didn't dig out his entire driveway, must enough so he can safely get to his car and get his car out of the driveway. He came out and kept telling us to stop and that we didn't have to do that, but we ignored him and finished the job. That's what neighbors are for.

Anyway, going to have some soup, take a shower, and spend the rest of the day on the couch watching football. Loving the weekend.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
24-01-2016, 01:04 PM
(24-01-2016 01:17 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  All I know is Texas has won Rev over with her pleasant winter weather. He ain't never going back! Hobo

Texas > Maryland

Big Grin

He ain't seen a Waco summer yet. Don't worry bro, at least it's a dry, throat parching, dehydrating heat.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post