Loving this Atheist life

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2016, 10:23 PM
Loving this Atheist life
I am not quite out yet but I recently admitted to myself what I have known for quite sometime and that is that I am an atheist.

It feels really good. I am devouring all things that are atheist right now and there is so much good information out there.

One quick story that took place since I admitted to myself that I am an atheist:

I was at a Masons meeting that a friend invited me to. My friend and another member were really trying to recruit me since I would bring the average age of the members down by a few decades. They must have sensed that I was a non believer because they mentioned that the "G" in the logo stood for geometry and they felt that most people thought it stood for god. They told me they were not religious.... 2 minutes later everyone in the room but me was bowing their heads in prayer...WTF... needless to say I didn't join. I did eat the free food however...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like rorpen86's post
25-05-2016, 10:49 PM
RE: Loving this Atheist life
Welcome aboard!
25-05-2016, 10:57 PM
Welcome.
You can't fool me. You are the New World order people, right ?
A crazy-man told us that just last week.
Now you show up.
Too much of a coincidence, for me. Tongue
http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/har...ic_nwo.htm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
25-05-2016, 10:57 PM
Welcome to the Free Masons Thinkers not so secret society.

We have food too.

Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
26-05-2016, 04:52 AM
Hey there. ^^

☆☆☆
26-05-2016, 04:54 AM
Welcome. I had that same experience with the Masons.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-05-2016, 05:53 AM
Welcome.

The other side benefit is getting to sleep in on Sundays.......

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
26-05-2016, 06:54 AM
Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-05-2016, 07:14 AM
Masons aren’t supposed to try and recruit you, one of the only positive things that comes to mind about them. Weird-ass cult from what little I know.

Someone I knew was a Mason, I asked and he tried to explain...Blink

It sounded to me like this

[Image: e283efe8813671d79806dc5d4a662f41.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
26-05-2016, 07:21 AM
(25-05-2016 10:23 PM)rorpen86 Wrote:  I am not quite out yet but I recently admitted to myself what I have known for quite sometime and that is that I am an atheist.

It feels really good. I am devouring all things that are atheist right now and there is so much good information out there.

One quick story that took place since I admitted to myself that I am an atheist:

I was at a Masons meeting that a friend invited me to. My friend and another member were really trying to recruit me since I would bring the average age of the members down by a few decades. They must have sensed that I was a non believer because they mentioned that the "G" in the logo stood for geometry and they felt that most people thought it stood for god. They told me they were not religious.... 2 minutes later everyone in the room but me was bowing their heads in prayer...WTF... needless to say I didn't join. I did eat the free food however...

Welcome, no tricks here, just reason and logic Tongue

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post