Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2012, 02:35 AM
Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs
http://www.livescience.com/18132-intelli...acism.html

Low-intelligence adults tend to gravitate toward socially conservative ideologies.

No need to comment.

Germanyt, want to change your ways?

Tongue

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
18-06-2012, 02:45 AM
RE: Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs
I don't think GT is socially conservative, just politically. Smile

The article doesn't surprise me, though I wonder how much is low intellegance VS. poor education. I always thought ignorance leads to discrimination. I know some low IQ individuals who are loving and kind, far from discriminating.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
18-06-2012, 02:56 AM
(18-06-2012 02:45 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I don't think GT is socially conservative, just politically. Smile

The article doesn't surprise me, though I wonder how much is low intellegance VS. poor education. I always thought ignorance leads to discrimination. I know some low IQ individuals who are loving and kind, far from discriminating.
Speaking of GT, I haven't seen him around lately.

I would say, low IQ also comes hand in hand with poor education. At least in most cases. Sure you could quote a few exceptions, but generally, low IQ and low education are related.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
18-06-2012, 03:06 AM
Yes, low IQ and low educations come together a lot of times. Did you ever saw some poor low IQ person with 2 college diplomas? People with high education are usually with higher IQ as well, but it is not the case always. Now, we are generalizing here, because we are talking about the majority of the cases, not minority reports.

I think the article explains it all rather well and it makes perfect sense.

-Hunter S. Thompson
24-06-2012, 02:04 PM
You would have to be stupid to believe some of the things they say. Trickle down, cut taxes during a time of war and recession. Cut food stamp programs from the poorest people in the nation to give to the richest. Yeah you would have to be stupid.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
[+] 1 user Likes N.E.OhioAtheist's post
25-06-2012, 06:14 PM
(18-06-2012 02:35 AM)Filox Wrote:  http://www.livescience.com/18132-intelli...acism.html

Low-intelligence adults tend to gravitate toward socially conservative ideologies.

No need to comment.

Germanyt, want to change your ways?

Tongue
I consider that evidence of good judgment. If you lack the IQ to figure out things on your own, it shows that at least you have the good sense to seek guidance from a set of beliefs which has a track record of working.
08-07-2012, 12:42 AM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2012 06:18 PM by StAlesiterCrowley.)
I'm fairly conservative and I have a low IQ.

"'Tis the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it." - Aristotle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBPqksG9nbA
[+] 1 user Likes StAlesiterCrowley's post
08-07-2012, 04:44 AM
I also have a very high IQ and am an Oxford MA, and I consider myself pretty right-wing. That's not denying the correlation, of course, but I wonder if it's that simple.

In my long experience I've learned that the fashionable liberal-left majority are often unwilling to face up to unpleasant facts, whereas we on the right try to deal with the harsh real world as we perceive it to be. The important point is that it is currently fashionable to be liberal, and the intelligentsia follow the fashion. Persons with somewhat lower IQs, who have not been exposed to the brainwashing of higher education, may in general be more able to face up to realities.

Eternal happiness is rhubarb tart. - John Cleese
08-07-2012, 04:58 AM
You people are conservatives and you only think you have high IQ. They must have lied to you. Don't listen to them.

Big Grin

-Hunter S. Thompson
08-07-2012, 05:02 AM
I can point to a few realities that conservative politics in at least some corners of the world are failing to deal with Smile
Did you have anything specific in mind, Ratbag?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.