Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2012, 05:58 AM
RE: Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs
I wouldn't say that a high IQ has to come with high education.
Scoring well above average, I did not get very good education. Most of my life I educated myself by observing my surroundings or going to libraries (we did not have a computer). I never went to university and my political views are not exactly conservative.

IQ is measured in a very stupid way, I do not trust that system at all. The problems are thought out by (probably intellegent) people, and people's minds are faulty. Most of the questions have more than one solution but only one of them count ever, so what someone really intelligent does in these tests is guesswork. Therefore when you select from the three possible solutions you have in mind, and that are all equally logic, you have a good chance of picking the wrong one.

One thing, I can talk from experience, when you don't feel good, especially mentally, your IQ scores drop. Easily explained: If your mind is fixated on solving your personal problems, it does not have enough ressources left to solve riddles.
Even the magical mark of 130 is stupid. Average IQ has been getting higher throughout the years.

but that's just my 2 cents

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2012, 08:17 AM
I have an IQ of 137.
True story, just took an online test so I don't know how valid it is but seems like pretty much any other IQ test I have seen.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
08-07-2012, 09:03 AM
LOL! I was tested in the 130's as a kid, and that's about where the couple of online tests I've taken have put me, as well. Just for fun, of course. My wife is a psychologist & pooh-poohs IQ scores overall, citing the variations in test methods, environmental variables, etc. They are usually a general indicator, according to her, but can vary greatly. As she says: "Which test? When was it given? By whom? At what age? What time of day?" etc. I think I had the Stanford-Binet test 30 years ago or so, but it doesn't really matter in my day-to-day life. I'm not trying to get into MENSA to brag about how smart I am. My wife & kids are the only opinions that matter to me, and they don't give a crap. I'm probably less intelligent that my wife & at least 2 of my kids, based on what I've seen so far. Works for me!

As my wife also says, high-average people seem to make the best managers, leaders, and live happy lives. Extreme high-IQ people can have many emotional & other psychological problems directly correlated to high IQ. So, I'm happy where I'm at - a 200 IQ would probably be more of curse than blessing.

There are smart & dumb people on either end of the political spectrum. I sometimes share stories like these with my conservative friends to get 'em riled up, but I generally take them with a grain of salt.
[+] 1 user Likes DannyW's post
08-07-2012, 06:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2012 06:24 PM by StAlesiterCrowley.)
Er, nevermind.

"'Tis the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it." - Aristotle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBPqksG9nbA
08-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Herpdaderp, can't figure out how things work? Become a member of the Tea Party.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
09-07-2012, 04:55 AM
Funny, everybody here has an IQ over 130. Great, you do realise you are all MENSA geniuses? Big Grin

NOT!

Smile

Try actually going to MENSA and to the official testing, you will see that the results will be much different that your online tests. IQ is very hard to measure, as there are different aspects of our IQ. It can never be tested online, that holds no value at all. Also, the IQ by itself does not mean that much, it's nice to have a higher IQ, but that doesn't make you smart. Or a democrat.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
09-07-2012, 07:49 AM
(09-07-2012 04:55 AM)Filox Wrote:  Funny, everybody here has an IQ over 130. Great, you do realise you are all MENSA geniuses? Big Grin

NOT!

Smile

Try actually going to MENSA and to the official testing, you will see that the results will be much different that your online tests. IQ is very hard to measure, as there are different aspects of our IQ. It can never be tested online, that holds no value at all. Also, the IQ by itself does not mean that much, it's nice to have a higher IQ, but that doesn't make you smart. Or a democrat.

Smile

My IQ is around -3000 so I'm going to balance out anyone over estimating their IQ Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
09-07-2012, 08:13 AM
(24-06-2012 02:04 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  You would have to be stupid to believe some of the things they say. Trickle down, cut taxes during a time of war and recession. Cut food stamp programs from the poorest people in the nation to give to the richest. Yeah you would have to be stupid.

It's amazing when I see some asshole pull food stamps out of their Gucci purse and then walk out to the parking lot and load groceries into their Escalade. The program is broken. I'm not a conservative, I'm a dead center hardcore Libertarian politically - but I definitely can see why conservatives get pissed off about a lot of things.
[+] 1 user Likes StatiK's post
09-07-2012, 08:18 AM
You don't have to be a conservative to be pissed off by a rich fuck who uses food stamps... But you can always pour some gasoline on his Escalade and burn it...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
09-07-2012, 09:02 AM
I also think Florida's drug testing on welfare recipients is a good idea. *shrug* It just makes sense to me.