Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2012, 08:30 PM
RE: Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs
Quote: Average IQ has been getting higher throughout the years.
Um, no. IQ is measured in relative terms. An IQ of 100 means average - 50% of people are lower, 50% are higher.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2012, 09:57 PM
I don't think anyone seriously believes an online test is anywhere close to accurate in measuring IQ

(09-07-2012 07:49 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(09-07-2012 04:55 AM)Filox Wrote:  Funny, everybody here has an IQ over 130. Great, you do realise you are all MENSA geniuses? Big Grin

NOT!

Smile

Try actually going to MENSA and to the official testing, you will see that the results will be much different that your online tests. IQ is very hard to measure, as there are different aspects of our IQ. It can never be tested online, that holds no value at all. Also, the IQ by itself does not mean that much, it's nice to have a higher IQ, but that doesn't make you smart. Or a democrat.

Smile

My IQ is around -3000 so I'm going to balance out anyone over estimating their IQ Smile

"'Tis the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it." - Aristotle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBPqksG9nbA
Find all posts by this user
10-07-2012, 10:10 PM
A good general rule, but I think you posted in the wrong thread.
(08-07-2012 08:33 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Herpdaderp, can't figure out how things work? Become a member of the Tea Party.

"'Tis the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it." - Aristotle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBPqksG9nbA
10-07-2012, 11:34 PM
You guys do know that study has been discredited, right? I mean, I'm far left and all, but even I see that.
[+] 1 user Likes benfromcanada's post
11-07-2012, 01:11 AM
I had no idea, but it sounded funny and great at the same time... Now that you have mentioned it, can you provide us with some link, or anything to confirm that it has been debunked? Because I still like to believe in this.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
11-07-2012, 03:37 AM
Well, there was a nearly identical but opposite thing that happened but the author admitted his mistake. I can't find the source I had before, but the test linked at the start and this libertarian one were similarly constructed.
11-07-2012, 03:52 AM
Ah, but this is about lefters, if that was wrong, the righty thing may not be wrong. My belief system is still solid.

Tongue

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
11-07-2012, 06:08 AM
(10-07-2012 03:04 PM)StatiK Wrote:  Laziness doesn't know color, HDT. As I said, I speak from observation rather than from assumption. Again, as I said, I am not speaking in generalizations but if you really want to go there and you want to get technical about it then there are far more whites in America living below the poverty level than there are blacks, hispanics, asians, etc. Here is U.S. census data to back it up.

Yes, there is income inequality in a capitalist economic system. This is not new. America has always been and remains to be a land of endless opportunity. If someone feels salty about their financial status then they need to get up off of their ass and do something about it, not ask the taxpayers for a handout. If the welfare system worked as intended and people were getting a 'hand up' then we wouldn't have this enormous lower class.

Lets be real, here. I'm going to speak generally for a moment. Americans feel extremely self-entitled. If your neighbor has a 50 inch HDTV then many people feel that they too should have these things. Doesn't matter what the cost is, doesn't matter if they can afford it. We have credit! We'll pay for it later! So let's buy those new cars, lets buy those designer jeans, let's spend money we don't have. It's the American way. If more people really understood money, if they understood how to manage their finances, then they wouldn't be in that mess. For this reason I feel that education in America contributes directly to people's financial woes.

Being the atheists that we are I'm sure that we all understand the value of teaching kids things like math, science, history, and that sort of thing. So why don't we teach them about personal finance? That just makes a lot of sense to me.
I know you personally weren't, I have no doubt that that was not your reasoning. I was just pointing out that people like Reagan and his advisors used the "laziness" line as a specific ploy to play off of racist tendencies in the US and specifically the South. It amazes me reading about the admittedly racist GOP "Southern Strategy" of 1960-90 and don't see some people outside of here still drool over these men. I'm just trying to point out that a lot of people hold that position for the wrong reasons. I think teaching kids personal finance IS a big role of it, but if entitlement was the cause of the growing lower class than why would the upper class be profiting off it? I'm not talking about just someone who makes 6 figures. The top of the top now hold more of America's wealth than they have in at least 100+ years. The welfare system may not work perfectly, but our economical fairness has been at much higher levels than it is currently and ridding of the welfare system would be drastic. Also that statistic is irrelevant. Of course there are a larger number of whites in poverty in this country, there is also a dramatically larger number of whites overall. Percentage wise more African-Americans and Hispanics are in poverty, meaning they have a statistically lower chance of ever making it into the upper classes. We can get into why that is, but that would be a thread on its own. As on June 2011 45,183,931 people were receiving food stamps, 35% white & 22% black. That equates to 15,814,375 whites and 9,940,264 blacks. Since there are roughly 220 million whites and 40 million blacks in this country that means 7% of whites are on food stamps as opposed to 25% of blacks.

"A man who dares waste an hour of his life has not discovered the value of life." - Charles Darwin
11-07-2012, 08:28 AM
(10-07-2012 10:10 PM)StAlesiterCrowley Wrote:  A good general rule, but I think you posted in the wrong thread.
(08-07-2012 08:33 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Herpdaderp, can't figure out how things work? Become a member of the Tea Party.
How so?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]