• 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2016, 03:52 PM
RE: Lucas the Anti-Theist + Pantheism
Greetings, Earthling.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2016, 06:09 PM
(11-05-2016 02:06 PM)Lucash21158 Wrote:  Pantheism is more palatable for theist to consume. The connotations in a theist mind concerning the "A word" create instant psychological walls that can be difficult to overcome.

Pantheism is my Trojan Horse.

Pffffffffft. You need to listen to some David Silverman lectures. Atheist is NOT a bad word. It's not a negative word. It's a word that expresses the absence of something. Religion. There is nothing, NO THING negative about atheism. The only reason atheism is considered so horrific is because theism deemed it so. How else could they possibly sell God if they didn't demonize the non-belief of God?

Start being HONEST and start using the word ATHEIST. And you might want to ask your lovely this question: What GOD would torture a soul for ALL ETERNITY simply for disbelieving due to lack of evidence? A real ASSHOLE kind of god I should think. It's bullshit. It's how they SOLD religion. It was effective for millennia but not anymore.

Tallulah
[+] 1 user Likes Tallulah's post
11-05-2016, 08:21 PM
Calling yourself an anti-theist evokes notions of pretentiousness and close mindedness.

Meh. Welcome, regardless.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
11-05-2016, 08:25 PM
(11-05-2016 11:51 AM)Lucash21158 Wrote:  The universe is connected profound and deep ways. Everything is one. Nature is the totality of everything : Pantheism
It works.

An irrelevant tautology, with overtones of woo.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
12-05-2016, 06:44 PM
(11-05-2016 03:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 02:06 PM)Lucash21158 Wrote:  Pantheism is my Trojan Horse.

Dafuq that even mean? You let something crawl up your ass you didn't expect and all mayhem ensued?

Did you read the context of the entire thread? What don't you understand?
12-05-2016, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2016 07:03 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-05-2016 06:44 PM)Lucash21158 Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 03:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Dafuq that even mean? You let something crawl up your ass you didn't expect and all mayhem ensued?

Did you read the context of the entire thread? What don't you understand?

Yeah I got it. You want to dick with somebody else's metaphysics by first trying to introduce them to pantheism and then when they admit you through the gates of their metaphysical framework for further discussion you will release the atheist hounds to destroy any last bastion of faith.

Let me rephrase my question. What the fuck is wrong with you?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-05-2016, 10:44 AM
(12-05-2016 06:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 06:44 PM)Lucash21158 Wrote:  Did you read the context of the entire thread? What don't you understand?

Yeah I got it. You want to dick with somebody else's metaphysics by first trying to introduce them to pantheism and then when they admit you through the gates of their metaphysical framework for further discussion you will release the atheist hounds to destroy any last bastion of faith.

Yes I see now what you mean. What problem do you have with planting seeds of logic and reason?
15-05-2016, 09:23 AM
(13-05-2016 10:44 AM)Lucash21158 Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 06:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah I got it. You want to dick with somebody else's metaphysics by first trying to introduce them to pantheism and then when they admit you through the gates of their metaphysical framework for further discussion you will release the atheist hounds to destroy any last bastion of faith.

Yes I see now what you mean. What problem do you have with planting seeds of logic and reason?

It's cowardly and dishonest when it comes to atheism. Either your lady is going to accept and come to understand your beliefs because she loves you or you're going to pander to her 'spiritualism' which is, quite honestly, a religious belief. Her 'Trojan Horse' was the word 'spiritual'.

You need to be honest with each other. if you are meant to be together you will ask each other questions and come to a mutual respect and understanding.