Lucifer not a satan?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2013, 05:10 PM
RE: Lucifer not a satan?
So is this like a specific event mentioned by a specific prophet blown all out of proportion (in typical Christian fashion Tongue)? Are there other instances of Lucifer in scripture? Are any adversaries named?

(Reading this thing, I'm visualizing Isaiah looking out of his cave at Venus during the sunrise going, "damn that King Neck! I'll show him that my reed is mightier than his sword!" Big Grin)

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2013, 05:17 PM
As a good Theosophist I must say, Lucifer is not satan. Satan is a biblical fanfiction, later enhanced by John Milton's Paradise Lost.

Lucifer is described by H. P. Blavatsky a great spiritual being, who played an essential technical role in creating the intellect principle in early animal humanity. He descended to this planet as a great light-bringer, as a self-sacrifice to stay here as long as humanity dwells here. Or so they say.
You should know that the Arcane School of Alice Bailey at the time used to publish a magazine called Lucifer, and there is still an educational organization called Lucis Trust, which originally had Lucifer Publishing Company.
Read more here.

You won't probably understand much of the psychobabble, but be assured, every term there has a meaning explained elsewhere in the 26 Alice Bailey's books, HPB's books and general Theosophic literature. So don't be surprised at such terms as 5th Ray. You'd love the 5th Ray if you knew what it means, it's Theosophy's tribute to science and rational, critical thinking, placing it among the seven basic principles of the universe. Wink
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
27-03-2013, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 12:38 AM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
[+] 3 users Like Doctor X's post
27-03-2013, 05:33 PM
Thanks, Doc. You're aces. Thumbsup

27-03-2013, 05:38 PM
(27-03-2013 05:17 PM)Luminon Wrote:  As a good Theosophist I must say, Lucifer is not satan. Satan is a biblical fanfiction, later enhanced by John Milton's Paradise Lost.

Lucifer is described by H. P. Blavatsky a great spiritual being, who played an essential technical role in creating the intellect principle in early animal humanity. He descended to this planet as a great light-bringer, as a self-sacrifice to stay here as long as humanity dwells here. Or so they say.
You should know that the Arcane School of Alice Bailey at the time used to publish a magazine called Lucifer, and there is still an educational organization called Lucis Trust, which originally had Lucifer Publishing Company.
Read more here.

You won't probably understand much of the psychobabble, but be assured, every term there has a meaning explained elsewhere in the 26 Alice Bailey's books, HPB's books and general Theosophic literature. So don't be surprised at such terms as 5th Ray. You'd love the 5th Ray if you knew what it means, it's Theosophy's tribute to science and rational, critical thinking, placing it among the seven basic principles of the universe. Wink

Read some about the Lucis Trust and Alice Bailey from that crazy link someone else posted last week or so. That kind of Lucifer is why I called the OP in another thread a Luciferian - cause I'm biased like that. Satanism is kinda dumb. Big Grin

Imma gonna hafta scope out some linkage after I finish the BBC series posted earlier.

Thanks, Lumi. Thumbsup

27-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Have another vid. Wink

Halfway through, there's Dawkins, going - and I paraphrase Big Grin

If you believe in god because you're hearing voices in yer head, that's one thing... Big Grin

27-03-2013, 09:40 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 12:35 AM by Doctor X.)
Tongue RE: Lucifer not a satan?

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
[+] 2 users Like Doctor X's post
29-03-2013, 11:00 AM
2:12 . . . . . LOL