03-01-2012, 04:21 AM
Lucradis's insomnia. progress?
Follow up on this tread.

Any progress Lucradis?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2012, 08:30 AM
RE: Lucradis's insomnia. progress?
Thanks for the interest. Unfortunately my inability to sleep is caused by worry. The things causing the worry are still present. However I also have a cold and the night time medicine I've been taking knocks me out like a horse tranquilizers. So it's all good for now.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
03-01-2012, 05:31 PM
I hope you can get rid of a few worries. You have a right to enjoy your life with a normal amount of worries and not with an amount that keeps you sleepless.
When I had that problem my doctor prescribed a sleeping pill that knocked me out but would actually really let me sleep. It's the type that depressive people get. You could ask your doc if he can give you something like that but you must be very careful because this type can be addicting. Or did you try that?

Anyway, get well soon (on all levels) Smile

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
03-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Have some love. Heart

Today's theme is causality, that began with watching some Gwynnie interviews. Now, of course, I'm all high on the Gwynnies. The love without the Gwynnies should cure the insomnia; the love with the Gwynnies may be responsible for there bieng five stents in my heart.

Not Indicated reads that particular bottle of meds. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
03-01-2012, 06:51 PM
I don't have a doctor but I'm sure that within the next little while I will acquire one. But still I have an addictive personality so I like to keep away from anything that could entice me. Being aware of my weaknesses is integral otherwise I'd be a junkie by now. My kid wouldn't like that, but she's bossy.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
04-01-2012, 02:08 PM
I find listening to things like this or this very relaxing Smile worth a try?

Still best solution getting rid of the problems but I know it's not always easy. So I wish you the best

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
04-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Take care

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
08-01-2012, 02:36 PM
You might want to look into trying a non-addictive, non-chemical supplement called L-Theanine. It is an ingredient (amino acid) naturally found in green tea. My mind races often at night, and I am often restless during the day as well, and L-Theanine seems to help me a lot. It may or may not be right or effective for you, but it's something to research. I know it works for me and many reviews on various sites seem to point to the same thing.

Also, binaural sounds / white noise can help.

"Either God can do nothing to stop catastrophes like this, or he doesn't care to, or he doesn't exist. God is either impotent, evil, or imaginary. Take your pick, and choose wisely." — Sam Harris

"There is no goddamn god, goddamn it."
08-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Is there any caffeine in green tea?

08-01-2012, 03:16 PM
A very low amount (25mg a cup). As far as I know there is none in the supplement.

"Either God can do nothing to stop catastrophes like this, or he doesn't care to, or he doesn't exist. God is either impotent, evil, or imaginary. Take your pick, and choose wisely." — Sam Harris

"There is no goddamn god, goddamn it."