Lunacy and Christian Leaders.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2012, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2012 06:06 PM by Mr Woof.)
Lunacy and Christian Leaders.
We often hear of people committing atrocious crimes and crediting such to directions from God. As Christian leaders have historically been very adept at lunacy I would like to cite a few instances.
St John the Divine.......The Book of Revelations often comes across like a bad trip on acid.

St Paul... a direction for all to remain celibate, as was he; widows were not to re marry but he allowed for the married to engage in sex rather than burn. ( The inference here is unclear.)

Marcion......claimed that Jehovah was an inferior god and that Jesus had been sent by the real deal. If Marcion had won the power struggle Christianity would have rid itself of the Old Testament. ( He just may have had something.)

St Augustine.....Old Gus had lots of trouble with his libido after deserting his wife and son, claimed all unbaptized children would suffer in Hell. As a kid I still remember my Mum talking of Hell being paved with the bones of unbaptized kids.

Origen.......Casrated himself in order to safely teach women. I don't think he recommended this to others. He had far too much on his plate.

St Thomas Aquinas........saw a definite link between homosexuality and earth quakes............

John Calvin.....an evil looking man, saw fit to tell his flock that only the pre ordained by God would gain eternal life, irrespective of whether they lived like saints, as it was already predetermined.
I am sure some of you have other quotes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
09-08-2012, 06:14 PM
RE: Lunacy and Christian Leaders.
(09-08-2012 05:57 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  St John the Divine.......The Book of Revelations often comes across like a bad trip on acid.

Ummmm ... it was definitely an acid trip but not sure it was all that bad. I've seen worse. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
10-08-2012, 06:12 PM
(09-08-2012 06:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-08-2012 05:57 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  St John the Divine.......The Book of Revelations often comes across like a bad trip on acid.

Ummmm ... it was definitely an acid trip but not sure it was all that bad. I've seen worse. Big Grin

You shouldn't add spirits to the mix Girly!Sadcryface
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
10-08-2012, 07:11 PM
(10-08-2012 06:12 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(09-08-2012 06:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ummmm ... it was definitely an acid trip but not sure it was all that bad. I've seen worse. Big Grin

You shouldn't add spirits to the mix Girly!Sadcryface

Can't help it Woofmeister, the spirits, they is all around. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.