Lunar eclipse April 15, Blood Moon rising

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2014, 09:57 PM
Lunar eclipse April 15, Blood Moon rising
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/5372/2...ril-15.htm

"The total lunar eclipse that will happen April 15 will occur early in the morning, around 3:06 a.m. EDT. The eclipse will last a total of 78 minutes and will end at 4:24: a.m. EDT. Since a total lunar eclipse is expected, moon gazers may be treated to a "blood moon," in which the moon will appear to be dyed a deep shade of red. Since direct light from the sun is blocked off by the Earth, the moon only receives light refracted from the Earth's atmosphere. This phenomenon makes the moon appear red or dark orange."

I love this stuff.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
09-04-2014, 10:00 PM
RE: Lunar eclipse April 15, Blood Moon rising
(09-04-2014 09:57 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  http://www.techtimes.com/articles/5372/2...ril-15.htm

"The total lunar eclipse that will happen April 15 will occur early in the morning, around 3:06 a.m. EDT. The eclipse will last a total of 78 minutes and will end at 4:24: a.m. EDT. Since a total lunar eclipse is expected, moon gazers may be treated to a "blood moon," in which the moon will appear to be dyed a deep shade of red. Since direct light from the sun is blocked off by the Earth, the moon only receives light refracted from the Earth's atmosphere. This phenomenon makes the moon appear red or dark orange."

I love this stuff.

That's frakking awesome! I hope we don't have clouds that night. It's been a while since I've been able to see a good eclipse.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
09-04-2014, 10:03 PM
I might have to get some pics..
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
10-04-2014, 07:27 AM
From NASA, cool diagrams, future eclipses etc.

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/OH/OH2014.h...2014Oct08T

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
10-04-2014, 07:36 AM
Last time I watched one I was disappointed. I was little though and I didn't like being woken up so early. I don't remember it being very impressive. I might give it a second chance this time.

Whoops, just noticed it won't be visible here. Oh well.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
10-04-2014, 08:09 AM
(09-04-2014 09:57 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  http://www.techtimes.com/articles/5372/2...ril-15.htm

I love this stuff.

Sounds pretty cool. Since you are in charge of setting up multiple sunset cruises in a day, could you possibly make this eclipse happen earlier? 3 am is just to brutal of a time for me to be up.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
10-04-2014, 08:13 AM
(10-04-2014 08:09 AM)Anjele Wrote:  

I love this stuff.

Sounds pretty cool. Since you are in charge of setting up multiple sunset cruises in a day, could you possibly make this eclipse happen earlier? 3 am is just to brutal of a time for me to be up.

Laughat Very good Anj!

10-04-2014, 08:32 AM
Meteor shower the night of April 23rd

Lyrids meteor shower

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
10-04-2014, 08:37 AM
(10-04-2014 08:32 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Meteor shower the night of April 23rd

Lyrids meteor shower

An eclipse AND a meteor shower all within a week of my birthday! *happy dance*

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
10-04-2014, 09:03 AM
(10-04-2014 08:37 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(10-04-2014 08:32 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Meteor shower the night of April 23rd

Lyrids meteor shower

An eclipse AND a meteor shower all within a week of my birthday! *happy dance*

the cosmos is putting on a show just to celebrate your birth!! you must be special.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post