Lust?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2016, 11:38 AM
Lust?
When I was a catholic they said that lust was a sin but that sexual attraction was not a sin....wtf is that bad/twisted and messed up logic and reasoning??? Btw Jesus and Mary and all of the saints were a-sexual......go figure......
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2016, 11:46 AM
RE: Lust?
(06-10-2016 11:38 AM)jason197754 Wrote:  When I was a catholic they said that lust was a sin but that sexual attraction was not a sin....wtf is that bad/twisted and messed up logic and reasoning??? Btw Jesus and Mary and all of the saints were a-sexual......go figure......

What exactly is the personal issue you are seeking support for?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

06-10-2016, 11:48 AM
What is the difference between lust and sexual attraction?
06-10-2016, 11:52 AM
The Bible is filled with contradictions. The view at the time was that all disease was caused by God's anger/vengeance. One of my Bible commentaries mentions that a strain of syphilis was possibly around during that time (various symptoms are listed in Deuteronomy and is how they came to this conclusion). The idea of keeping it in your pants was a way to protect yourself from God's wrath (aka the natural spread of disease via unprotected sex). However, God also says in Genesis to be fruitful and multiply, which some take to mean with a husband/wife monogamous rship. However, there are numerous stories where biblical men had many concubines ( i think as a way in their minds to have sexual desires met with several women without offending God).

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
06-10-2016, 11:52 AM
(06-10-2016 11:48 AM)jason197754 Wrote:  What is the difference between lust and sexual attraction?

It's one of degree or intensity.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
06-10-2016, 11:55 AM
(06-10-2016 11:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 11:48 AM)jason197754 Wrote:  What is the difference between lust and sexual attraction?

It's one of degree or intensity.

This and in biblical terms sexual attraction means being interested in a member of the opposite sex as a potential partner. Lust means wanting to attack them like a wild animal in a sexual way without viewing them as a potential mate. Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
06-10-2016, 11:56 AM

If you want to ask a theological question we have atheism/theism for those types of questions.

If you're going to post a personal story about how recovering from religion changed the way you viewed lust and sexual attraction then it can go here.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

06-10-2016, 12:02 PM
(06-10-2016 11:55 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 11:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  It's one of degree or intensity.

This and in biblical terms sexual attraction means being interested in a member of the opposite sex as a potential partner. Lust means wanting to attack them like a wild animal in a sexual way without viewing them as a potential mate. Tongue

[Image: why-not-w6cvqu.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
06-10-2016, 12:39 PM
(06-10-2016 12:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-10-2016 11:55 AM)jennybee Wrote:  This and in biblical terms sexual attraction means being interested in a member of the opposite sex as a potential partner. Lust means wanting to attack them like a wild animal in a sexual way without viewing them as a potential mate. Tongue

[Image: why-not-w6cvqu.jpg]

Yabut...Bible Big Grin

06-10-2016, 12:54 PM
There is no difference.
Lust is something to be embraced.