Lust and Fantasy.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Lust and Fantasy.
Fantasy relevant to more and more human lust may do far more harm than good.Fantasies know no bounds as even the most bizarre activities tire those involved over time. Where extremeism occurs in order to satiate more basic(and diverse) needs we need to question the initial relationship.

Let us consider swinging couples, an area familiar to me many decades ago. In order to achieve more and varied sensual sensations males exchange partners, sometimes with almost complete strangers, to achieve more exciting encounters. Same room exchange does not always happen and women could be left at the hands of a mad man.This is hardly indicative of a loving marriage.There is also the issue of sexually transmitted illness and .in some cases, the purchasing of expensive prescription drugs to further enhance the high.

A tragic case concerning swinging occurred in Melbourne some time back when an erotically besotten couple decided to murder the husband's wife, also a swinger. The poor woman died slowly over days in the boot of a car.

Love should not be seen as a synonym for lust and the latter is not always a harmless bit of consentual fun that will simply spice up a workable marriage.
There is a lot to be said for monogamy providing partners can work hard on establishing respect, mutual interest, sharing etc, ......Sadly this can often be quite difficult and time consuming.

Sticks and stones may break my bones
but names will never hurt me~~~~~
Cooyon WillieLaughat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Mr Woof's post
02-08-2012, 09:56 PM
RE: Lust and Fantasy.
I see that Mrs. Woof hasn't returned from her trip yet. Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
03-08-2012, 12:16 AM
(02-08-2012 09:56 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I see that Mrs. Woof hasn't returned from her trip yet. Big Grin

Mrs Woof is back, tangentially, over thirty years,she has hopefully helped make me better person.........................Confused

Sticks and stones may break my bones
but names will never hurt me~~~~~
Cooyon WillieLaughat
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
03-08-2012, 01:14 AM
... and yet... over to Willam Blake:

"Abstinence sows sand all over
The ruddy limbs and flaming hair,
But Desire gratified
Plants fruits of life and beauty there."

"What is it men in women to require?
The lineaments of gratified desire.
What is it women do in men require?
The lineaments of gratified desire."

"He who desires but acts not, breeds pestilence."

"Those who restrain desire, do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained; and the restrainer or reason usurps its place & governs the unwilling.
And being restrain'd it by degrees becomes passive till it is only the shadow of desire."

"You never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough."

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom."

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
03-08-2012, 03:49 AM
I would argue that the negative effects of restraining your "lust", even if it be masturbation, is not only unhealthy physically, but unhealthy mentally. We need to come to accept that lust is part of our biological instinct and composition, and it won't go away simply because we attempt to will it to. I recognize lust as a healthy feeling, since it is in essence your sexual drive. Let us not forget that the simple goal evolution has is for a species to reproduce.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
03-08-2012, 07:32 AM
(03-08-2012 03:49 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I would argue that the negative effects of restraining your "lust", even if it be masturbation, is not only unhealthy physically, but unhealthy mentally. We need to come to accept that lust is part of our biological instinct and composition, and it won't go away simply because we attempt to will it to. I recognize lust as a healthy feeling, since it is in essence your sexual drive. Let us not forget that the simple goal evolution has is for a species to reproduce.

Evolution has no goals. It is entirely undirected.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-08-2012, 08:32 AM
(03-08-2012 07:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 03:49 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I would argue that the negative effects of restraining your "lust", even if it be masturbation, is not only unhealthy physically, but unhealthy mentally. We need to come to accept that lust is part of our biological instinct and composition, and it won't go away simply because we attempt to will it to. I recognize lust as a healthy feeling, since it is in essence your sexual drive. Let us not forget that the simple goal evolution has is for a species to reproduce.

Our alien overlords would disagree.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
03-08-2012, 08:44 AM
(03-08-2012 08:32 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 07:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  Evolution has no goals. It is entirely undirected.

Our alien overlords would disagree.

Pay no attention to that overlord behind the curtain.No

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-08-2012, 08:55 AM
(03-08-2012 07:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  

Perhaps I should reword it. The purpose of natural selection is to weed out the unwanted, and animals evolve to sexually reproduce.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
03-08-2012, 09:07 AM
(03-08-2012 08:55 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 07:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  Evolution has no goals. It is entirely undirected.

Perhaps I should reword it. The purpose of natural selection is to weed out the unwanted, and animals evolve to sexually reproduce.

Again, natural selection does not have purpose. Natural selection is a mechanism.

Animals do not evolve, gene lines do. Animals live to reproduce or not. Which ones reproduce changes the frequency and combinations of genes in the population. This has effects on the phenotypes produced in subsequent generations.

There is no 'animals evolve to'.