LUST = Luv U Short Time

No problem with that

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
03-08-2012, 09:25 AM
RE: Lust and Fantasy.
This thread is in need of a lip sneering musical interlude:

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
03-08-2012, 09:34 AM
(03-08-2012 09:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 08:55 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Perhaps I should reword it. The purpose of natural selection is to weed out the unwanted, and animals evolve to sexually reproduce.

Again, natural selection does not have purpose. Natural selection is a mechanism.

Animals do not evolve, gene lines do. Animals live to reproduce or not. Which ones reproduce changes the frequency and combinations of genes in the population. This has effects on the phenotypes produced in subsequent generations.

There is no 'animals evolve to'.

I think we all agree on that point.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
03-08-2012, 09:34 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2012 09:38 AM by Logica Humano.)
(03-08-2012 09:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 08:55 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Perhaps I should reword it. The purpose of natural selection is to weed out the unwanted, and animals evolve to sexually reproduce.

Again, natural selection does not have purpose. Natural selection is a mechanism.

Animals do not evolve, gene lines do. Animals live to reproduce or not. Which ones reproduce changes the frequency and combinations of genes in the population. This has effects on the phenotypes produced in subsequent generations.

There is no 'animals evolve to'.

Purpose is a poor word choice, yes. Pressure is better.

But, I find it amusing how you are arguing semantics that do not pertain to the point.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
03-08-2012, 09:36 AM
(03-08-2012 09:34 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  But, I find it amusing how you are arguing semantics that do not matter to the point.

Chas would have made a great theologian.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
03-08-2012, 05:25 PM
(03-08-2012 09:14 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Back to the topic....

LUST = Luv U Short Time

No problem with that

Ah yes, but short time pleasure has a nasty habit of turning into long term pain,at least for a good many people, by virtue of our erratic emotional systems.....
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
03-08-2012, 05:35 PM
(03-08-2012 03:49 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I would argue that the negative effects of restraining your "lust", even if it be masturbation, is not only unhealthy physically, but unhealthy mentally. We need to come to accept that lust is part of our biological instinct and composition, and it won't go away simply because we attempt to will it to. I recognize lust as a healthy feeling, since it is in essence your sexual drive. Let us not forget that the simple goal evolution has is for a species to reproduce.
Can you categorically prove that evolution is the sole creative force, rather than choose to believe that?

O..P. makes no reference to masturbation,my general thrust being concerned with issues that can quite possibly help destroy relationships that have been inadequately worked upon.
03-08-2012, 05:42 PM
(03-08-2012 05:25 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 09:14 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Back to the topic....

LUST = Luv U Short Time

No problem with that

Ah yes, but short time pleasure has a nasty habit of turning into long term pain,at least for a good many people, by virtue of our erratic emotional systems.....

Not to mention our reproductive systems.Ohmy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2012, 05:54 PM
(03-08-2012 05:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 05:25 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Ah yes, but short time pleasure has a nasty habit of turning into long term pain,at least for a good many people, by virtue of our erratic emotional systems.....

Not to mention our reproductive systems.Ohmy

No pain, no gain

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
03-08-2012, 05:55 PM
(03-08-2012 09:25 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  This thread is in need of a lip sneering musical interlude:

Botox lips and all!

Hope you aren't becoming a too cock sure libertine Erx . Maybe you need a few rousing bursts from Rock of Ages...........Wink
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post