Lust and Fantasy.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2012, 06:00 PM
RE: Lust and Fantasy.
(03-08-2012 05:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 05:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  Not to mention our reproductive systems.Ohmy

No pain, no gain

An old body building adage that worked in some ways.

Now the roid ragers get their goals, but at a very high price including liver damage and testicular shrinkage.Sadcryface2Laughat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2012, 06:08 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2012 06:13 PM by Logica Humano.)
(03-08-2012 05:35 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Can you categorically prove that evolution is the sole creative force, rather than choose to believe that?

Animals that lack the necessary adaptations due to the selective pressures of their environment ensures that they will either be driven to extinction or will adapt new traits to survive the scenario (if mutations allow it to do so). It destroys the undesirable and weak, making way for a new generation of species to participate in the twisted game.

The sole purpose for life to survive and evolve is to simply reproduce. Outside of that, there is no other reason. This is why lust can be accurately described as a natural and inherited trait for the majority of organisms.

On another note, not having anything to do with Mr Woof's post, I have also noted that lust is often negatively associated with males (almost exclusively). I wonder why this is, when it is evident that women "suffer" from the same trait.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
03-08-2012, 06:56 PM
(03-08-2012 06:08 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 05:35 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Can you categorically prove that evolution is the sole creative force, rather than choose to believe that?

Animals that lack the necessary adaptations due to the selective pressures of their environment ensures that they will either be driven to extinction or will adapt new traits to survive the scenario (if mutations allow it to do so). It destroys the undesirable and weak, making way for a new generation of species to participate in the twisted game.

The sole purpose for life to survive and evolve is to simply reproduce. Outside of that, there is no other reason. This is why lust can be accurately described as a natural and inherited trait for the majority of organisms.

On another note, not having anything to do with Mr Woof's post, I have also noted that lust is often negatively associated with males (almost exclusively). I wonder why this is, when it is evident that women "suffer" from the same trait.

I am not sure that lust applies clearly to animals as they do not have the capacity for serious intentionality relevant to consequential issues that some humans possess.

I am not entirely convinced that evolution is the only weird reason for us occupying this tiny part of the cosmos.

I agree with your point re women and lust and imagine the trait is associated with men as it is more profitable to do so, and many men's spending choices are governed by their testicles. Hobo
03-08-2012, 07:06 PM
(03-08-2012 06:56 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 06:08 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Animals that lack the necessary adaptations due to the selective pressures of their environment ensures that they will either be driven to extinction or will adapt new traits to survive the scenario (if mutations allow it to do so). It destroys the undesirable and weak, making way for a new generation of species to participate in the twisted game.

I am not sure that lust applies clearly to animals as they do not have the capacity for serious intentionality relevant to consequential issues that some humans possess.

I am not entirely convinced that evolution is the only weird reason for us occupying this tiny part of the cosmos.

I agree with your point re women and lust and imagine the trait is associated with men as it is more profitable to do so, and many men's spending choices are governed by their testicles. Hobo

I am entirely convinced that lust is an evolutionary trait found in animals that reproduce through sexual means. It is a form of sexual drive and attraction.

I am also entirely convinced that evolution is the only logical explanation for our occupancy of the planet.

I would argue that the majority of men are not governed by their own sexual drive, and rather a small minority that publicly advocate said spending are used as a means to demean men by militant feminists.

Poonjab
04-08-2012, 06:03 PM
(03-08-2012 07:06 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 06:56 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I am not sure that lust applies clearly to animals as they do not have the capacity for serious intentionality relevant to consequential issues that some humans possess.

I am entirely convinced that lust is an evolutionary trait found in animals that reproduce through sexual means. It is a form of sexual drive and attraction.

I am also entirely convinced that evolution is the only logical explanation for our occupancy of the planet.

I would argue that the majority of men are not governed by their own sexual drive, and rather a small minority that publicly advocate said spending are used as a means to demean men by militant feminists.
Well congratulations in your total degree of conviction.
When we follow particular leaders and promote what in some instances is speculative, we can at least argue from a position, albeit one that in no way can be deemed absolute truth.

It may have come across as such but I did not intend to imply that all men are sexually selfish and indiscreet. Quite simply, I was agreeing with your consideration that some women are also indiscreet relevant to some of the dangers inherent in thoughtless lust.Wink
04-08-2012, 06:36 PM
(04-08-2012 06:03 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  ... I did not intend to imply that all men are sexually selfish and indiscreet...

Yup. Agreed. Some of us are sexually selfish but very, very discreet.

04-08-2012, 06:53 PM
(03-08-2012 07:06 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I am entirely convinced that lust is an evolutionary trait found in animals that reproduce through sexual means. It is a form of sexual drive and attraction.

Damn. And here I am not even entirely convinced that I am.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
04-08-2012, 07:05 PM
(04-08-2012 06:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 07:06 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I am entirely convinced that lust is an evolutionary trait found in animals that reproduce through sexual means. It is a form of sexual drive and attraction.

Damn. And here I am not even entirely convinced that I am.

Yeah, will I, not you, awaken to some bizarre paradise or putrid place, and wonder ......What the Hell?UnsureNo
04-08-2012, 07:48 PM
(04-08-2012 07:05 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(04-08-2012 06:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Damn. And here I am not even entirely convinced that I am.

Yeah, will I, not you, awaken to some bizarre paradise or putrid place, and wonder ......What the Hell?UnsureNo

Pretty much describes Girly getting up in the morning. Wink

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-08-2012, 08:43 PM
(04-08-2012 06:03 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  

Well congratulations in your total degree of conviction.
When we follow particular leaders and promote what in some instances is speculative, we can at least argue from a position, albeit one that in no way can be deemed absolute truth.

It may have come across as such but I did not intend to imply that all men are sexually selfish and indiscreet. Quite simply, I was agreeing with your consideration that some women are also indiscreet relevant to some of the dangers inherent in thoughtless lust.Wink

Such as the freedoms of science. I can admit that I am wrong without any extensive scrutiny. ;D But, I am convinced that I am not wrong about evolution and its mechanics.

Poonjab