Lust?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2016, 01:11 PM
RE: Lust?
(06-10-2016 11:38 AM)jason197754 Wrote:  When I was a catholic they said that lust was a sin but that sexual attraction was not a sin....wtf is that bad/twisted and messed up logic and reasoning??? Btw Jesus and Mary and all of the saints were a-sexual......go figure......

I've noticed that you often refer to yourself—not as an atheist—but as a recovering Catholic, or a former believer, or when you were a Catholic, or your deconversion, or even that you sometimes go into denial about your atheism.

I've also noticed that you're repeatedly asking questions about interpreting the tenets of religion and its philosophies, as though you're still trying—even subconsciously—to make redundant your previous religious faith. I'm a bit confused as to whether or not you consider your atheism to be 100% in nature, or whether you're still questioning your current status and the validity of religious practices. And (to me at least) because you seem overly concerned—still—with religion, you appear to have a foot in both camps.

Yes? Or no? Consider

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
06-10-2016, 01:26 PM
RE: Lust?
Read this or grab the audio book off audible:

https://www.amazon.com/Sex-Dawn-Stray-Mo...=147578185

Quote:“Sex at Dawn challenges conventional wisdom about sex in a big way. By examining the prehistoric origins of human sexual behavior the authors are able to expose the fallacies and weaknesses of standard theories proposed by most experts. This is a provocative, entertaining, and pioneering book. I learned a lot from it and recommend it highly.” — Andrew Weil, M.D.

“Sex at Dawn irrefutably shows that what is obvious—that human beings, both male and female, are lustful—is true, and has always been so…. The more dubious its evidentiary basis and lack of connection with current reality, the more ardently the scientific inevitability of monogamy is maintained—even as it falls away around us.” — Stanton Peele, Ph.D.

A controversial, idea-driven book that challenges everything you (think you) know about sex, monogamy, marriage, and family. In the words of Steve Taylor (The Fall, Waking From Sleep), Sex at Dawn is “a wonderfully provocative and well-written book which completely re-evaluates human sexual behavior and gets to the root of many of our social and psychological ills.”

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post