Lying about war reasons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2012, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2012 06:42 AM by Cetaceaphile.)
Lying about war reasons
If America had invaded Iraq and said "Well America is in need of some more oil to try to stave off pending fuel disasters." would you be more or less opposed to the war than you were/are with it being conducted under the guise of "searching for WMDs"?

Personally I think I might have been a little more tolerant, or at least have had a better idea how to react, if there was no lying about the motivation.

I think a war to gather resources to help your people is more 'nobel' than if you conduct the war, but lying about the reasons.

Thoughts?

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2012, 11:59 PM
RE: to get WMD 9no it's oil)
Go to AA.
27-04-2012, 06:43 AM
RE: to get WMD 9no it's oil)
Updated OP

(26-04-2012 11:59 PM)Antirepublican Wrote:  Go to AA.

But there's nothing wrong with my car Consider

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
[+] 2 users Like Cetaceaphile's post
27-04-2012, 07:32 AM
RE: Lying about war reasons
Look, all these ignorant fucks that still think the war there was because of WMD are OK with the war, because it is for clearing out the WMD and protecting your country. If you open up to them and tell them "we are nothing but thieves" then they will look at their own country in a very different way.

Also, it is not only about lying to your ignorant people, it is about lying to the rest of the world, the other world leaders, the rest of the worlds public and the people you are "liberating". So, even if you tell your people the truth, it is just impossible to tell the real truth to everyone, because then you would loose the support from the rest of the world, some sanctions would be applied, the resistance in the "liberating" country would be much bigger... Lying is what makes war possible, without it it wouldn't be possible to maintain the whole war network...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
27-04-2012, 07:34 AM
Yea. Because the state of our energy policy and our gas prices indicated that Iraq did wonders for US oil. You really think we went to Iraq for oil?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
27-04-2012, 07:59 AM
No not JUST oil, but oil was one of the reasons. But WMD were 100% NOT the reason, so they were lying to you and us all... We can now say that with 100% certainty, because we have seen all those WMD and their factories that USA has destroyed...

And PLEASE, do not tell me (anyone) that USA went to Iraq because of the 9/11, I will bitchslap you all to moon if you suddenly become that ignorant. Seriously, that is the reason I heard from many Americans and I can't stand not knowing even what lie is used for what country. That's just too much, too stupid.

-Hunter S. Thompson
27-04-2012, 08:02 AM
(27-04-2012 07:59 AM)Filox Wrote:  No not JUST oil, but oil was one of the reasons. But WMD were 100% NOT the reason, so they were lying to you and us all... We can now say that with 100% certainty, because we have seen all those WMD and their factories that USA has destroyed...

And PLEASE, do not tell me (anyone) that USA went to Iraq because of the 9/11, I will bitchslap you all to moon if you suddenly become that ignorant. Seriously, that is the reason I heard from many Americans and I can't stand not knowing even what lie is used for what country. That's just too much, too stupid.
We wen't to Afghanistan because of 9/11. The best intel we had at the time indicated that massive Al Qaeda networks were growing there and that bin Laden was most likely there. We went to Iraq because Saddam was slaughtering his own people and threatening neighboring nations with chemical weapons. As well as using said weapons on his own people. We didn't find the weapons we suspected were there so that pretty much tainted any possible good that could have been done. If Bush were still in office we'd probably have gone to war in Syria, Nepal, Egypt, Iran, and N. Korea by now. Not to mention Libya.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
28-04-2012, 03:26 AM
Quote:We went to Iraq because Saddam was slaughtering his own people and threatening neighboring nations with chemical weapons.

You see, these are the lies that they are feeding you. You honestly think that anyone gives a shit about some guy named Saddam and the fact that he is killing his own people? That there is the proof of the lies and the proof that you, my friend, have swallowed all those lies.

Because, if that was truth, if USA really did care (talking about the government here, not people) about all those poor Iraqis then they would also care about Kurds, Palestinians, Ugandans, Somalians, you would help Croatia 20 years ago in our old war, you would have stopped the Armenian genocide...

It's a nice and simple pattern here, the only countries USA has "helped" are the countries that are rich as fuck with strategic resources. So, is someone here trying to tell me that is the coincidence? It is a coincidence that Iraq is filthy rich with oil and that there are God know how many American oil companies there today? Or that the Afghanistan has the world richest mineral deposits? A real coincidence there... Smile

Of course, those are not the only reasons, the other reasons are securing your position in that region... I mean, if you ever played Civilization, you would know how to secure your place as the biggest player on a grand scale. First you need to have your own supply of strategic resources, then you need to be in the vicinity of your enemies, or the countries you want to "change" when the time is right. These are the basic of having control and I really don't see how people do not get the big picture? Isn't it plain and simple, laid out in front of your eyes?

-Hunter S. Thompson
28-04-2012, 03:38 AM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2012 11:03 AM by Logica Humano.)
(28-04-2012 03:26 AM)Filox Wrote:  
Quote:We went to Iraq because Saddam was slaughtering his own people and threatening neighboring nations with chemical weapons.

You see, these are the lies that they are feeding you. You honestly think that anyone gives a shit about some guy named Saddam and the fact that he is killing his own people? That there is the proof of the lies and the proof that you, my friend, have swallowed all those lies.

Because, if that was truth, if USA really did care (talking about the government here, not people) about all those poor Iraqis then they would also care about Kurds, Palestinians, Ugandans, Somalians, you would help Croatia 20 years ago in our old war, you would have stopped the Armenian genocide...

It's a nice and simple pattern here, the only countries USA has "helped" are the countries that are rich as fuck with strategic resources. So, is someone here trying to tell me that is the coincidence? It is a coincidence that Iraq is filthy rich with oil and that there are God know how many American oil companies there today? Or that the Afghanistan has the world richest mineral deposits? A real coincidence there... Smile

Of course, those are not the only reasons, the other reasons are securing your position in that region... I mean, if you ever played Civilization, you would know how to secure your place as the biggest player on a grand scale. First you need to have your own supply of strategic resources, then you need to be in the vicinity of your enemies, or the countries you want to "change" when the time is right. These are the basic of having control and I really don't see how people do not get the big picture? Isn't it plain and simple, laid out in front of your eyes?
Facepalm. Why is it that some people can't accept that the government is stupid, and instead make up Scifi stories about how the government is smart?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
28-04-2012, 05:48 AM
I find it hard to believe USA went to war in Iraq for oil.

I don't understand this idea anyway. I mean look at this way, you invade a country, there happens to be oil, you're gonna use that capture oil are you not?
You see it's not a primary objective, it is just... a bonus.

Plus I don't know about you but here down-under gas prices have kept going up and up and up..

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.