Lying about war reasons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2012, 07:59 PM
RE: Lying about war reasons
(05-05-2012 06:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(05-05-2012 05:00 PM)Magoo Wrote:  Why can't we just stop fighting over who gets what, and work and together and share so everyone benefits?
Because that's communism (in theory) son.

Greed in other words. Why buy something when you can get it for free?? When was the last time I brought a CD or a song off itunes? never, yet I still listen to music all the time...
Would be the ideal form of govt if it would work.
Of course it wont, but all govt's fail eventually.
Democracy is no exception.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2012, 10:33 PM
(05-05-2012 07:59 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  
(05-05-2012 06:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Because that's communism (in theory) son.

Greed in other words. Why buy something when you can get it for free?? When was the last time I brought a CD or a song off itunes? never, yet I still listen to music all the time...
Would be the ideal form of govt if it would work.
It depends who you ask. I for one could not stand communism, even in it's true perfect form and not the often corrupt form that it so often takes. I personally do not like the idea of being rewarded the same for doing something that I went to university and got my degree for, then as someone who dropped out of high school at like 15 and cleans streets.

If I was smart enough (in both sense) to stay in school, carry on to higher level education and get good results, then I should be rewarded for my efforts. Capitalism.

Capitalism is a much fairer system in that sense. It rewards you depending on your effort you put in.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
05-05-2012, 10:42 PM
(05-05-2012 10:33 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(05-05-2012 07:59 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Would be the ideal form of govt if it would work.
It depends who you ask. I for one could not stand communism, even in it's true perfect form and not the often corrupt form that it so often takes. I personally do not like the idea of being rewarded the same for doing something that I went to university and got my degree for, then as someone who dropped out of high school at like 15 and cleans streets.

If I was smart enough (in both sense) to stay in school, carry on to higher level education and get good results, then I should be rewarded for my efforts. Capitalism.

Capitalism is a much fairer system in that sense. It rewards you depending on your effort you put in.
I have learned from gaming that everyone thinks they are the absolute shit. They think they are amazing, and they deserve anything and everything. Its no different in real life with economics.

Ten times out of 10 if you ask someone if they deserve what they have and they will say yes, and nine times out of ten they will say they actually deserve more.

Also, why are we allowed to discriminate to the degree that we do based on intelligence? The difference between intellect in most people with or without a degree is as thin as a cell membrane. Yet, we feel it to be justified to pay some of these people outrageous sums of money as everyone else lives in poverty. Your not even mentioning the inherent flaw of capitalism, exponential growth. If you have money its far easier to acquire more money. On a similar note, do you know the most influential thing, outside of being born rich, that determines how much you get paid in your lifetime? Looks.

Sex Appeal & Charisma > EVERYTHING!
Yah, I think that puts capitalism in perspective.
06-05-2012, 02:32 AM
Last I checked Bill Gates was one ugly mofo.

I'll address the rest in the morning.

06-05-2012, 05:55 PM
(05-05-2012 10:42 PM)jackashflash Wrote:  
(05-05-2012 10:33 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It depends who you ask. I for one could not stand communism, even in it's true perfect form and not the often corrupt form that it so often takes. I personally do not like the idea of being rewarded the same for doing something that I went to university and got my degree for, then as someone who dropped out of high school at like 15 and cleans streets.

I have learned from gaming that everyone thinks they are the absolute shit. They think they are amazing, and they deserve anything and everything. Its no different in real life with economics.

Ten times out of 10 if you ask someone if they deserve what they have and they will say yes, and nine times out of ten they will say they actually deserve more.

Also, why are we allowed to discriminate to the degree that we do based on intelligence? The difference between intellect in most people with or without a degree is as thin as a cell membrane. Yet, we feel it to be justified to pay some of these people outrageous sums of money as everyone else lives in poverty. Your not even mentioning the inherent flaw of capitalism, exponential growth. If you have money its far easier to acquire more money. On a similar note, do you know the most influential thing, outside of being born rich, that determines how much you get paid in your lifetime? Looks.

Sex Appeal & Charisma > EVERYTHING!
Yah, I think that puts capitalism in perspective.
"The difference between intellect in most people with or without a degree is as thin as a cell membrane. Yet, we feel it to be justified to pay some of these people outrageous sums of money"

So what you're saying is any idiot can get a degree?? (which I would agree with to extent, my degree is mindbogglingly easy) BUT, not every idiot gets a degree. That is my point, effort. Yes the person working at the local gas station might be as smart as myself, or even smarter, so what is stopping them getting a degree and getting a better job?? will power and effort. They choose to work their, they choose to stay working there for 20years or whatever.

And we don't discriminate based on intelligence. We discriminate on effort. The degree was just an example. There have been many many very wealthy people who don't have a college degree or even dropped out of high school early. Richard Bradson (spelling?) if I remember correctly comes to mind. Started selling CDs out of the back of his car, now look at him.

I don't see how people can think like this, that people who get stuck in some shit job with low wages should get paid the same as someone who goes out and sells CDs out of the back of his car until he can eventually build his own record label.

This is my point about Capitalism. Yes exponential growth, easier to make money if you have money, I mean look at Richard now, he owns an airline company. BUT under communism why would he bother? If he could earn the same amount running a CD store then owning an airline company why bother?

And you are looking at it at the classical jealousy approach. The "he's got money it's not fair". So do something! Capitalism allows you to do something.

And once again, looks does not mean you are instantly rich or lack of looks mean instantly poor. I regard that statement as a load of bollocks. Yes I accept it has some merit but it doesn't instantly mean rich or poor.

aka, get off your ass, stop bitching and do something about it.

06-05-2012, 11:48 PM
My God, how easy it is for you to derail the subject... What a train wreck...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
07-05-2012, 05:56 AM
It's what I do best.

29-05-2012, 09:29 PM
From my understanding, the war is based on obtaining more oil and stopping terrorism. And I find this very challenging to believe. This is probably the stupidest thing America has done. And quite a few of Americans wonder why we are generally hated by other countries....Exactly for this reason.
Our troops out there aren't even looking for oil, are they? We could have just bargained. Imagine if Japan invaded us (unlikely) for the Ford brand of cars.
Not to mention, the whole goal of terrorism is to make a country break down socially, economically, financially, you name it. We going over there just promotes terrorism. This was the whole goal to begin with: Piss off America, and watch them break down.
Sorry for the long rant. I'm a very opinionated person. Undecided
30-05-2012, 01:23 AM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2012 01:46 AM by TheArcticSage.)
(27-04-2012 07:59 AM)Filox Wrote:  No not JUST oil, but oil was one of the reasons. But WMD were 100% NOT the reason, so they were lying to you and us all... We can now say that with 100% certainty, because we have seen all those WMD and their factories that USA has destroyed...

And PLEASE, do not tell me (anyone) that USA went to Iraq because of the 9/11, I will bitchslap you all to moon if you suddenly become that ignorant. Seriously, that is the reason I heard from many Americans and I can't stand not knowing even what lie is used for what country. That's just too much, too stupid.
But America did go to war with Iraq because of 9/11, without 9/11 none of it would of been possible. Wink
31-05-2012, 05:34 AM
Perhaps. But don't be one of those ignorant fucks who do not know the difference between Afghanistan and Iraq, I go berserk when people "mix those two". But, of course, after 9/11, a lot of other things became possible and the public did not object, because, for a big part of the people, the whole Middle East is "just a bunch of Muslims, who cares how they call that part?".

Smile

::BITCHSLAPPPP:::

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson