M:TG Oath of the GateWatch Prerelease

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2016, 11:10 AM
M:TG Oath of the GateWatch Prerelease
Anyone else go to a prerelease event? My local game store (hereafter referred to as LGS) held one with a $30 entry fee that got you 1 prerelease kit and entry into a 4 round tournament.

[Image: 010416_2356_OathoftheGa2.jpg]

The kit comes with 6 packs of 15 cards each 4 from Oath of the Gatewatch and 2 from Battle for Zendikar (the previous set in this block) a Promo dated foil Card an instruction pack explaining limited sealed format and how to build a deck and a random colored 20 sided spindown life counter (as opposed to a regular 20 sided dice the numbers are in order so you can keep track of you life total).

We were given 45 minutes to open our packs and assemble a 40 card deck, basic lands were provided by the LGS. I was going into the prerelease favoring a Black White combo and I pulled several key pieces to that deck. I also got insanely lucky and pulled almost every piece of removal from those 2 colors and several flying creatures.

That combination of heavy removal to eliminate their threats and my creatures having evasion (and gaining a good bit of life over the course of the game) was good enough for me to Tie for 1st place and got 6 packs of Oath as a prize. Going undefeated in my first limited sealed event ever felt pretty good.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
17-01-2016, 11:15 AM
RE: M:TG Oath of the GateWatch Prerelease
NO! I will not be sucked in again.

But congratulations on the victory that's quite nice.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post