MAFIA- Polictical Landscape

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2017, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2017 07:51 PM by Atothetheist.)
MAFIA- Polictical Landscape
[Image: russia-usa1.jpg]
Welcome to MAFIA!
Rules

Rules can be found here: http://cataldo.freeshell.org/mafia/mafiascum04.swf

After a most controversial election in the great community of the United States left the some of the country proud, ashamed and some in both parties scratching their head, a few people have voiced their concerns that the election may have been tampered with by clandestine activities by and unknown associations with Russia. These claims are so damning, and so serious that some people have called for a thorough investigation, while others, impartial or not, have expressed that this is merely nothing but paranoia and mudslinging... or is that simply what Russia wants us to believe.

Welcome to the most politically motivated Mafia game in a long time. Suspect everyone, trust no one, and be sure to lynch me on the first day

MAFIA

Godfather, Escape Artist
The Godfather is the leader of the Mafia, and as such, he/She has the authority to send a message to the moderator with who the mafia are whacking, who is doing the whacking, and if they are using a gun or a knife. They are free to even go as far as to describe how they want to kill the target, but it has to be with those two weapons. If he/she is investigated by the Cop, his/her alliance with be shown as Mafia ..

In addition to the Godfather role, he is an Escape Artist and can escape from a certain lynch (one use only) to live another day.

Successor, double voter
This mafioso has the power to take over as the Godfather (But not as the escape artist) and take charge of the Mafia. However, if he/She and the Godfather are killed, The remaining mafia member is the only hope for a mafia victory.

If they were to succeed as godfather, they gain the ability to be a double-voter. Until then, they only have a single vote.

Framer, Quickdraw
This member of the mafia can PM me at night and select a person they want to frame. He can select anybody, and can frame them to be a townie, Mafia or independent. He can vote normally. He can't frame the same person twice in a row.

In addition to being the framer, you can carry a gun and when anyone targets you for a night ability you shoot them dead before they can even blink (One use only.)

???
Its a surprise.

TOWNIES

Politician, Vote-less
The Politician can PM the moderator at night and choose somebody to steal their vote. If he/she steals a person who only has one vote, that person becomes vote-less for one day cycle. If he/she steals a vote from a double voter, that person can only vote once. If the politician steals from a vote-less, nothing happens. The politician can't vote without stealing from somebody else.

Cop
The cop can PM the moderator at night to investigate a certain person. He/she will get the person's alliance as well as clues to the character that person controls. He/she can be fooled by the framer. He/She can investigate the same person twice to confirm his alliance plus role.

Bus driver, Double Voter
He or she has the ability to redirect night actions. At night, this person sends the moderator a PM and lists two targets. Target 1 is the person who they want to have all actions they are targeted by to transfer to another person and targret 2 is the person who will have all those night actions transferred to. He/She can double vote.

???
Its a surprise.

Watcher
At night, you can message the moderator and pick a target. You will then get a message from the moderator which will tell you who targeted that person that might. Does not tell you what they got targeted for, but just that they got targeted.
Bodyguard
The Bodyguard can PM the moderatior at night and select one person to protect. He/she also has the option to select to be bulletproof, or knife proof. If he/she protects somebody and chooses bullet proof, and the mafia whack the guy with a gun, the bodyguard can protect him, and survive. However, if he/she chose knife-proof, he/she still protects the target, but he/she dies in the process and vice versa. He has one vote. The bodyguard can't protect the same person twice in a row.

The Bodguard, depending on his choice, has a fifty fifty chance of being protected at all time, even if the mafia targeted him.

Miller, Escape Artist, Deputy
This townie, when investigated, comes up as Mafia, even though he is aligned with the townies. He also has the power to escape from being lynched the first time he is being put on the chopping block. But he can only use that power once.
If the cop were to die before you, you assume the role of the cop and forgo all previous abilities, utilized or not.

Gossiper
The gossiper has a vast network of information at their fingertips. They can choose one person to gain information about. Becareful though, this information might not be terribly accurate and has a 1/2 chance of being wrong or slightly inaccurate.

Poisoner, Vote-less
This townie picks one person to poison. There is a 65% percent chance that the poison will work, and it increases by 5% every time he uses the ability This person can't vote. If the posioner succeeded, the person will die the following night-phase. The target of the posion will notified that they have been poisoned.

This person has no vote. They may vote publicly, but their vote will not be counted towards lynches.

Vengful Townie
when this Townie gets lynched, they have a seventy five percent chance of taking another person (They PM me the target's name.) to the grave with them. He/she has one vote

Ask me, Atothetheist, if you have any questions. I have the discretion to answer or not. I will try my hardest to be unbiased.

Mafia win when Townies and independents are eliminated.

Townies Win when Mafia and Independents are eliminated.

Independents win when (In the case of the cult leader) they are the majority or (In the case of the roleblocker) they are the last man standing.

Game specific rules:
THE PUBLIC BOARD CAN BE A TOOL, USE IT!

Mod (Me) rules: I will not tell you who sent in their night actions, and who we are waiting on.

I will not give any hints to anybody's role unless you are the cop, so don't bother.

DO NOT falsify or screenshot/copy paste or reveal any messages I send to you.

If you don't submit your night action, I will randomize your night action and submit it for you.

Dead Players can't interfere with the game when they die in anyway, unless its useless board banter.

No talking during the night phase is NOT enforced.

IF you are found to have cheated, I will forfeit you.

Phases will be 11-13 hours each, with day phase starting at around 9AM Central Standard Time (In the US), but I will end the phase early if all the actions have been complete. Night phase will be the same time frame, but dependent on when day phase will end.

This is the beta thread, I will keep this open until we have enough players, or till tomorrow if we have what we need. The roles are subject to change and alteration without notice before the game begins. Tell me what you think and sign up!

PLAYERS:
Revenant77x
KidCharlemagne1962
Ferdinand
Losty
Free Thought
Momssuroundedbyboys (unconfirmed)
TheGulegon
Commonsensei
EvieTheTurtle

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
17-06-2017, 12:05 PM
RE: MAFIA- Polictical Landscape
The rules link just leads to a blank page for me.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
17-06-2017, 12:07 PM
(17-06-2017 12:05 PM)Losty Wrote:  The rules link just leads to a blank page for me.

It can't be viewed on mobile. It's a flash interactive file. You don't need to know the rules, you are a veteran.

17-06-2017, 07:30 PM
Guess I will join in properly

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
17-06-2017, 07:35 PM
When do we start?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
17-06-2017, 08:39 PM
(17-06-2017 07:35 PM)Losty Wrote:  When do we start?

Once we have enough people, I think we're still waiting on some confirmations from other players.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
17-06-2017, 09:28 PM
I've got a week off of work. So I have some free time.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
18-06-2017, 04:51 PM
(17-06-2017 08:39 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(17-06-2017 07:35 PM)Losty Wrote:  When do we start?

Once we have enough people, I think we're still waiting on some confirmations from other players.

Confirmations? Already? Blink

I haven't even signed up, yet, have I? Unsure

If I've missed out, ain't no thang. I'll watch Shy

18-06-2017, 04:52 PM
Nvm; I'm a dunsky Facepalm

I see my name on the list Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
18-06-2017, 09:04 PM
I need a bit more people, if you have anyone that might be interested, I would love to have them.