MAFIA XXXIX: Wizard of Oz

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2015, 01:20 PM
RE: MAFIA XXXIX: Wizard of Oz
There could be three if there's no cult (and there doesn't seem to be one), but it's still a game with very few players. I don't think I've ever played one with only 10 players before.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2015, 01:47 PM
(26-04-2015 12:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Popcorn

Popcorn Popcorn

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
26-04-2015, 01:50 PM
(26-04-2015 01:47 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 12:54 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Popcorn

Popcorn Popcorn

PopcornPopcornPopcorn

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
26-04-2015, 01:55 PM
What do we know? We have mod confirmation that there are two witches. Although it's only us assuming that there this is all there is. We know that there are minions in the film such as the flying monkeys for example which would probably be a goon.

Another thing to consider, when creating a game is whether the Mafia will have a chance of claiming a plausible character. If all the strong characters are given out and there aren't any plausible minor characters then the Mafia will need to avoid role claiming by all means possible. To counteract this the townies need fewer power roles. In this game the townies seem quite powerful from what I've heard. You also have to consider whether you are going to give the townies minor characters which the Mafia are likely to be choosing. That can effectively out the Mafia as well with two people claiming the same character, but if there are one or two confirmed townies then it gives the Mafia the confidence to take a gamble on picking a more major character.

We know that EA, a confirmed Witch, claimed a horse of different colours. This is a plausible minor character, albeit maybe too minor.

The difficulty in this game is that we only really have major characters left and there weren't many plausible minor characters to choose from to begin with.

So what I'm wondering is whether we should make assumptions about someone's alignment based on their character. After all, the Lion was introduced as a villain until Dorothy belted him one. The Wizard of Oz was supposed to be this big scary fire-monster and the castle guards rejoice when the witch dies.
26-04-2015, 02:24 PM
(26-04-2015 01:55 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  What do we know? We have mod confirmation that there are two witches. Although it's only us assuming that there this is all there is. We know that there are minions in the film such as the flying monkeys for example which would probably be a goon.

Another thing to consider, when creating a game is whether the Mafia will have a chance of claiming a plausible character. If all the strong characters are given out and there aren't any plausible minor characters then the Mafia will need to avoid role claiming by all means possible. To counteract this the townies need fewer power roles. In this game the townies seem quite powerful from what I've heard. You also have to consider whether you are going to give the townies minor characters which the Mafia are likely to be choosing. That can effectively out the Mafia as well with two people claiming the same character, but if there are one or two confirmed townies then it gives the Mafia the confidence to take a gamble on picking a more major character.

We know that EA, a confirmed Witch, claimed a horse of different colours. This is a plausible minor character, albeit maybe too minor.

The difficulty in this game is that we only really have major characters left and there weren't many plausible minor characters to choose from to begin with.

So what I'm wondering is whether we should make assumptions about someone's alignment based on their character. After all, the Lion was introduced as a villain until Dorothy belted him one. The Wizard of Oz was supposed to be this big scary fire-monster and the castle guards rejoice when the witch dies.

Well, I can't think of any of the characters claimed who could be Mafia based on their alignment. Unless munchkins can be evil Dodgy

Toto is kind of a minor character too, since we're on it.

-Guybrush Threepwood-
26-04-2015, 02:25 PM
I'm taking a break! Hobo

Gonna tear off the top of a pack -o- cigarettes, & light the whole other end! [Image: smiley-cool18.gif]

26-04-2015, 02:28 PM
(26-04-2015 02:25 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I'm taking a break! Hobo

Gonna tear off the top of a pack -o- cigarettes, & light the whole other end! [Image: smiley-cool18.gif]

Taking a break from what? Being a whiny little Witch? Big Grin

-Guybrush Threepwood-
26-04-2015, 02:42 PM
(26-04-2015 02:24 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Toto is kind of a minor character too, since we're on it.

There would be no plot without Toto. He bites the cruel neighbour which sends Dorothy running away. His presence makes the lion reveal himself as cowardly. He saves Dorothy from the Witches' castle by alerting her friends and sniffs out the Wizard of Oz hiding behind the curtain.

I'd say it's just as well Dorothy wasn't a cat lover but then she wouldn't have ended up with a window sash falling on her head and making her hallucinate if that was the case Smile
26-04-2015, 02:45 PM
(26-04-2015 02:42 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 02:24 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Toto is kind of a minor character too, since we're on it.

There would be no plot without Toto. He bites the cruel neighbour which sends Dorothy running away. His presence makes the lion reveal himself as cowardly. He saves Dorothy from the Witches' castle by alerting her friends and sniffs out the Wizard of Oz hiding behind the curtain.

I'd say it's just as well Dorothy wasn't a cat lover but then she wouldn't have ended up with a window sash falling on her head and making her hallucinate if that was the case Smile

Yabut it's a dog Tongue

-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
26-04-2015, 03:08 PM
Someone needs to make some PM space because it's full Tongue

-Guybrush Threepwood-