MAFIA XXXIX: Wizard of Oz

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2015, 08:46 PM
RE: MAFIA XXXIX: Wizard of Oz
Also, I just checked my messages and I got two people saying everyone is suspicious of Mathilda, so...

Vote: Mathilda

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2015, 08:53 PM
Change vote: Lynch Mathilda
26-04-2015, 08:58 PM
(26-04-2015 08:53 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Change vote: Lynch Mathilda

Why did you suspect me anyways? Did you have me investigated or something last night? Or is someone lying?

Atir aissom atir imon
26-04-2015, 09:00 PM
Vote:Lynch Mathilda

[Image: 5920829_orig.jpg]
26-04-2015, 09:52 PM
Change Vote: Lynch Mathilda

27-04-2015, 12:17 AM
(26-04-2015 08:46 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Also, I just checked my messages and I got two people saying everyone is suspicious of Mathilda, so...

Vote: Mathilda

Any reasons why?

I called for the mass role claims that bagged us EA. And I didn't ask for the information myself but got everyone to send their characters to Smerc.

If there are only two witches in the game (I'm struggling to see how there could still be two Mafia amongst us) then that would be very a dangerous thing to do.

So let's look at what people have actually done here to scumhunt.
27-04-2015, 12:22 AM
(26-04-2015 04:27 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  But it occurred to me that if my Doctoring can't be used to save someone who's already been poisoned, then sniffing out poison would be useless! I'm gonna ask Losty, & see if the Doctor can cure poison! If all I can do is protect against a traditional night kill, then somebody done claimed a pointless role!

Well I was chatting on skype with Kitty last night and I suspect that my skill would be useful even in that situation.

First we have to wonder why the witch killed with poison. Why mention this at all if it's a normal night kill?

Say someone targetted the witch, say they watched her the same night she killed someone. They wouldn't know that she killed. Say I sniff the watcher, I then sense poison on them. If the watcher is then confirmed townie and this happens repeatedly with other people then I can start to trace it all to who confirmed townies targetted.

That's my best guess anyway.
27-04-2015, 12:38 AM
(25-04-2015 01:46 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(25-04-2015 07:17 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  I got nothing on Vosur or Ryan.

Thoughts? Defenses?

My thoughts are that I relatively trust Smerc for calling out the witch.

But I am the one that suggested it in the first place. I named Smerc to receive the PMs.
27-04-2015, 12:47 AM
(26-04-2015 01:02 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  All of us have publicly claimed our characters. I don't understand what's going on. Everyone has claimed main characters, so the last Mafia member left must be one who must have asked everyone about their characters so they can safely claim a main one.

Let me just say that I revealed a major character early on before most people did. I called for the mass character claim that caught EA.

If there was a major character left (or even two of them), then it would be easy in this small game to pick one and then be in the middle of a town alliance picking off the minor characters. Don't assume that the Wizard of Oz was going to be in the game if the role wasn't particularly useful.

Let's look at Ryan.

He claims to be a bomb, but the first voter gets it instead of the last which would b the norm. This is going to be an ideal role to choose for Mafia pretending to be townie because it dissuades people from voting for him.

And why the first voter and not the last? Because it gives the first voter plenty of time to reconsider, whereas if it was the last voter who dies then there is always the chance of someone else voting without having read the thread, or a previous person changing their vote and catching out someone who does not realise that they are now the last voter. And it's worked. The moment he revealed this people started changing his votes. And he only revealed it when a lynch wagon started against him.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
27-04-2015, 12:57 AM
(27-04-2015 12:47 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 01:02 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  All of us have publicly claimed our characters. I don't understand what's going on. Everyone has claimed main characters, so the last Mafia member left must be one who must have asked everyone about their characters so they can safely claim a main one.

Let me just say that I revealed a major character early on before most people did. I called for the mass character claim that caught EA.

If there was a major character left (or even two of them), then it would be easy in this small game to pick one and then be in the middle of a town alliance picking off the minor characters. Don't assume that the Wizard of Oz was going to be in the game if the role wasn't particularly useful.

Let's look at Ryan.

He claims to be a bomb, but the first voter gets it instead of the last which would b the norm. This is going to be an ideal role to choose for Mafia pretending to be townie because it dissuades people from voting for him.

And why the first voter and not the last? Because it gives the first voter plenty of time to reconsider, whereas if it was the last voter who dies then there is always the chance of someone else voting without having read the thread, or a previous person changing their vote and catching out someone who does not realise that they are now the last voter. And it's worked. The moment he revealed this people started changing his votes. And he only revealed it when a lynch wagon started against him.

I was not there when you named Smerc to take all the PMs, since I am apparently the only one no one actually bothers to talk to except when they ask me to take you with me, which is why I came out and said that I can't choose who I kill. Also, I didn't say anything about the first vote thing because I figured someone would lie and start a vote against me, which, if true, would reveal their true role and even though I die in the process, the game is still won by townies, BUT I trust Smerc (as earlier posts show), so I warned her against it and effectively ruined my surprise. I chose to publicly do this so that her sudden change of vote would not put suspicion on her. While this has worked in my favor and since no one seems to trust you (and no, I have no idea why, nothing personal) then please, vote first for me. If you're right then I'm taken down as mafia, and if you're wrong (and everyone's assumptions are correct) then you'll be taken and the townies win. Your move.

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post