MAGA!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2017, 11:44 PM
MAGA!!
Republicans can't pass anything without 60 votes in the senate (they have 52 I think). 60 votes are needed to avoid the filibuster for legislation, so pretty much the democrats will block everything the GOP or Trump comes up with.

But thanks to a procedural move that the democrats instituted when they had the senate, it only takes 50 votes to confirm a judge to a federal court. So Trump and the GOP senate have been confirming CONSERVATIVE judges to federal and appeals courts at breakneck speed. Record pace. Dozens will have been confirmed by the end of the year. Trump will end up putting more federal judges on the court than any other president (lots of openings right now).

So even if the democrats take the Congress in 2018 or 2020 and the presidency, the likelihood of any laws they pass making it through the courts over the next 30-40 years are ZERO.

And that is truly the best part of Hillary losing. I didn't care which republican won. The Federal Courts and most importantly the Supreme Court will lean to the right. That itself will be Trump's success as president.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/08/politics/s...index.html

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2017, 11:50 PM
RE: MAGA!!
Well, when everything else on the ship is on fire and it's sinking, take your victories where you can I guess...

Also, we can all smell the desperation on you, and it reeks.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
08-11-2017, 11:51 PM
Ouch. Should have left confirmations at 60 votes. Not good.

Death is a debt we all must pay...
09-11-2017, 12:20 AM
Whenever I see LDH post something now, I think of that scene where Hannibal Lechter's feeding the dude his own brains and he finds it delicious. Seriously, that's what I think of now whenever I see LDH post.

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-11-2017, 12:25 AM
Being a 'Stinky foreigner" I would have thouth the Judges would, y'know, do their job and give rulings on the cases brought before them.

Consider

Or am I missing something about America here?

I do have it right.

Polician's draught laws and bills and such. Which 'become' law.

Police 'Enforce' said laws (Or preceided infringemtns upon such).

Judges give their ruling one cases about said law breakings brought before them.

Consider
[+] 5 users Like Peebothuhul's post
09-11-2017, 12:42 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2017 01:08 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(09-11-2017 12:25 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Being a 'Stinky foreigner" I would have thouth the Judges would, y'know, do their job and give rulings on the cases brought before them.

Consider

Or am I missing something about America here?

I do have it right.

Polician's draught laws and bills and such. Which 'become' law.

Police 'Enforce' said laws (Or preceided infringemtns upon such).

Judges give their ruling one cases about said law breakings brought before them.

Consider

Indeed, that is how it's supposed to work. However Republicans love activist judges that ignore the laws and judicial precedent in favor of ruling from their gut and pretending like they live in a Christian theocracy. Make no mistake about it, the judges being placed right now that LDH is swooning over, are the ones most likely to impose their Christianity on LDH's (supposedly) heathen ass. They're the ones who think HobbyLobby as a corporation has more rights than a pregnant mother.

While I would normally be appalled by such utter disregard of the rule of law and the Constitution, I think I can make an exception in LDH's case.

But yeah, when LDH needs to cheer about conservative Christian judges in the mold of Scalia and Gorsuch being appointed, it shows just how desperate he is. There is arguably no greater threat to personal liberty and freedom of conscious then judges like that, and he's cheering them on, because it's his team. Everything can be forgiven, so long as the team wins.

And that, children, is how democracy died.

[+] 9 users Like EvolutionKills's post
09-11-2017, 12:48 AM
This is what LDH is cheering for folks.

[Image: 9729fc8337c61b6dff9820b966d3f7c8.jpg]

Judge Roy Moore.

Twice elected to the Alabama Supreme Court, and twice removed for ethics violations. Now a Republican running for a Senate seat in Alabama.

This is the face of Republican judicial activism.

[+] 12 users Like EvolutionKills's post
09-11-2017, 01:27 AM
*Reads previous posts/explanations*

Gasp

Ohmy

Sadcryface
[+] 5 users Like Peebothuhul's post
09-11-2017, 01:47 AM
(09-11-2017 12:42 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Indeed, that is how it's supposed to work. However Republicans love activist judges that ignore the laws and judicial precedent in favor of ruling from their gut and pretending like they live in a Christian theocracy. Make no mistake about it, the judges being placed right now that LDH is swooning over, are the ones most likely to impose their Christianity on LDH's (supposedly) heathen ass. They're the ones who think HobbyLobby as a corporation has more rights than a pregnant mother.

EK,

Maybe the greatest credit should go to Osama bin Laden. He raised Islam to chief boogyman status and the Republicans have paid attention.

They liked what they see in the mirror. Smile

D.
09-11-2017, 02:14 AM
(09-11-2017 01:47 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  EK,

Maybe the greatest credit should go to Osama bin Laden. He raised Islam to chief boogyman status and the Republicans have paid attention.

They liked what they see in the mirror. Smile

D.

They lack the self-awareness to even realize it's a mirror.

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post