MAGA!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2017, 09:28 PM
RE: MAGA!!
(09-11-2017 12:48 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  This is what LDH is cheering for folks.

[Image: 9729fc8337c61b6dff9820b966d3f7c8.jpg]

Judge Roy Moore.

Twice elected to the Alabama Supreme Court, and twice removed for ethics violations. Now a Republican running for a Senate seat in Alabama.

This is the face of Republican judicial activism.

Also the type of "values" hypocrite that's exemplified by them. Washington Post is reporting today that when he was in his 30s and single, he tried to romance several underage girls, including a 14 year old.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
09-11-2017, 10:58 PM
A president doesn't make laws. Congress does. This congress, although lead by republicans, have done nothing that Trump has wanted with the exception of getting his judges appointed.

I honestly think this is a setup. The GOP is hoping to squeak by in the midterms with a slim majority (likely in the senate, still have a chance in the house). Then they want him gone. They will have a GOP primary in 2020 guaranteed. They hope his approval ratings are so low that he'll not run for reelection or get beaten by a challenger in the primary so they'll have their party back. If they hold onto congress after the midterms and have a real GOP nominee in 2020 everything will be back to normal.

Right now they're just using him for these judicial nominations to load the courts with conservatives. That's about all he's good for right about now. They're not giving him any legislation that he wants. Think about it. If they wanted to, they could have had his back and passed a law implementating his immigration ban. They could have outright repealed the ACA. They could have passed legislation funding the border wall. They've done nothing. And they're doing it purposefully.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
09-11-2017, 11:13 PM
(09-11-2017 10:58 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I honestly think this is a setup.

I honestly think you're a fucking idiot. I mean since we're being all honest and shit.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-11-2017, 11:33 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2017 07:04 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(09-11-2017 10:58 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  They've done nothing. And they're doing it purposefully.

That has been their MO for what, the last few decades? They blocked everything Obama tried, not on the merits, but simply because he was on the other team. They are an opposition party, a big old bunch of whiny babies that is most comfortable when they're on the sidelines bitching how much better things would be if they were in charge. What happens when they are in charge? Needless wars, tanked economy, and more tax breaks for top earners that everyone else needs to pay for.

They voted how many times to repeal the ACA when they knew they couldn't? Now that they can, they don't. They ran for years on the promise to fight the ACA, now Trump got elected with populist promises of better coverage at cheaper costs. Sounds great. How do the Republican plan to pay for the ACA 2.0? They don't have a fucking clue. It's all smoke and mirrors.

Funny how a party that runs on the evils and overreach of the government, when placed in charge of said government, allows it to fall into complete and utter disrepair. It's a self fulfilling prophecy, where the Republican negligence of fucking governance will inadvertently kill off the ACA through sheer ineptitude, then they'll preen about always being right in calling for the 'imminent' death of Obama care all this time (even though it took years of inaction to do so). One can only hope that the Dems retake control in 2018, if only to reverse course on the ACA to save coverage and the lives of millions of Americans; because the Republicans don't know the meaning of the word empathy.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-11-2017, 12:35 AM
(09-11-2017 10:58 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Think about it. If they wanted to, they could have had his back and passed a law implementating his immigration ban. They could have outright repealed the ACA. They could have passed legislation funding the border wall. They've done nothing. And they're doing it purposefully.
That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long while.
The republicans have been whinging about ACA for 7 years, they get full power in government and they can't (for a whole year) replace it because they can't agree on an alternative. They are making their party look like a joke in front of the whole nation and you suggest they are doing this on purpose.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
10-11-2017, 05:56 AM
(09-11-2017 09:26 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(09-11-2017 09:03 PM)ImFred Wrote:  This far in I’m starting think Trump is really just more of the same. Nothing in my world is different except I’m a year older.

Lucky you.

In my world, Trump is threatening America's progress on climate change and messing with the ACA, which my wife and I need.

Not to mention how angry I've been since he was elected. That's not healthy either.
Angry

I decided to take some time off and decided to let my insurance lapse for 3 months to save some money and I got a notice that there’s a $600 tax penalty for NOT having insurance. Uh, no thanks on that “affordable” care. More like unaffordable pretend care.

And climate change is going full steam ahead whether we have an administration that pretends it isn’t or an administration that pretends to be doing something.
10-11-2017, 06:10 AM
(10-11-2017 05:56 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I decided to take some time off and decided to let my insurance lapse for 3 months to save some money and I got a notice that there’s a $600 tax penalty for NOT having insurance. Uh, no thanks on that “affordable” care. More like unaffordable pretend care.

And climate change is going full steam ahead whether we have an administration that pretends it isn’t or an administration that pretends to be doing something.

You didn't know there were tax penalties for not having health insurance?

"The [Obama] Clean Power Plan aimed to reduce carbon dioxide emissions from existing power plants 32 percent below 2005 levels and required each state to develop carbon-cutting plans. Enacting the regulation was considered vital to helping the United States reach its commitment to reduce emissions under the Paris agreement. Mr. Trump has said he intends to withdraw from that accord."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/28/clima...-plan.html
10-11-2017, 06:25 AM
Quote:You didn't know there were tax penalties for not having health insurance?

I did but it’s so fucking regressive I can’t believe anyone defends it. Hi. I’m too poor for phony health insurance which doesn’t change the fact that I still can’t afford to go to the doctor. Great! Here’s a $600 penalty for being poor. Thanks Obama!

Dems or Repubs we’re burning all that carbon. We can pretend we aren’t or pretend it doesn’t matter. Both are disasters.

I understand that Trump wants to be a dictator but after a year all he’s done is talk shit with his dick in his hands.
10-11-2017, 06:53 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2017 07:03 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(10-11-2017 06:25 AM)ImFred Wrote:  
Quote:You didn't know there were tax penalties for not having health insurance?
I did but it’s so fucking regressive I can’t believe anyone defends it. Hi. I’m too poor for phony health insurance which doesn’t change the fact that I still can’t afford to go to the doctor. Great! Here’s a $600 penalty for being poor. Thanks Obama!

Regressive? Yes. But unfortunately, also necessary. If you let people opt out of getting insurance, then the risk pool shrinks, and proportionally is filled more with people who seriously need medical insurance. That makes costs go up, and makes coverage even more prohibitively expense; and this death spiral of rising cost is what we're going to see if Republicans are allowed to continue to neglect the system. So you need something in place to keep otherwise young and healthy people in the system, to spread the risk, and drop costs for everyone.

But that's only because they didn't go whole hog on a de facto single payer public option, much like what Obama made clear in his public statements that he wanted. But passing the ACA did extend coverage for dependents up to age 26, put in place regulations that prevented companies from selling 'perception drug plans' and other plans with comically small coverage as 'health insurance', and greatly expanded Medicaid. It was a net positive, who's greatest flaw was that it didn't go far enough.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-11-2017, 07:22 AM
Quote:Regressive? Yes

That’s the whole fucking thing. There’s no yeah but... it’s a regressive tax and regressive taxes by definition oppress the poor.

Single payer. Rich people pay for it. That’s it. Anything else can fuck off. I don’t care if it’s dems or repubs. I’m not young or healthy either.

Think about it. You lose your shitty “coverage”. You’re like that sucks but whatever. Here’s your bill for NOT having insurance. Talk about kicking a dog when he’s down! America has two choices: The fuck you in the ass party and the kick you in the nuts party.

I’m voting for eat shit you fucking cunts.