MAGA!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2017, 09:34 AM
RE: MAGA!!
(10-11-2017 06:25 AM)ImFred Wrote:  Dems or Repubs we’re burning all that carbon. We can pretend we aren’t or pretend it doesn’t matter. Both are disasters.

You are a very angry person.

It matters a great deal whether we follow Democratic climate policies or Republican denials of climate science.

But if you have other preoccupations and feel overwhelmed, then by all means don't worry about being reasonable.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
10-11-2017, 10:16 AM
(08-11-2017 11:44 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump will end up putting more federal judges on the court than any other president...

This assertion of yours of course relies on the presumption that all or most of those judges will be sympathetic to the Trump cause once in office, and even if they are now—due to the "suck" factor—how can you guarantee they still will be in 18 months or in 10 years' time? You can't.

Quote:...the likelihood of any laws they pass making it through the courts over the next 30-40 years are ZERO.

LOL... this claim is totally absurd! Or are you claiming to be a clairvoyant now? Maybe the batteries in your crystal ball could be flat too?

Quote:I didn't care which republican won...

And sadly for the US population, this is precisely why you ended up with a mental midget with delusions of grandeur as POTUS. You (and a gazillion of your compatriots) should've cared more who had their finger on the red button. That you voted for a party rather than its various candidates' individual practices and policies shows a lazy ignorance of what an elector's vote should be all about. Your attitude is almost childlike in its simplicity—Rep good and Dem bad. End of story.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
10-11-2017, 10:25 AM
(10-11-2017 05:56 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I decided to take some time off and decided to let my insurance lapse for 3 months to save some money and I got a notice that there’s a $600 tax penalty for NOT having insurance...

Interesting. In Australia, our Medicare levy of 2% of salary can't be suspended or put on hold. Obviously if you're not working you're not paying the 2% levy (with no tax penalty), but you'll still pay it on any wages earned prior to or after your unemployment period. The only, single variable is your overall income for the financial year, 1 July to 30 June.

10-11-2017, 10:37 AM
(10-11-2017 09:34 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(10-11-2017 06:25 AM)ImFred Wrote:  Dems or Repubs we’re burning all that carbon. We can pretend we aren’t or pretend it doesn’t matter. Both are disasters.

You are a very angry person.

It matters a great deal whether we follow Democratic climate policies or Republican denials of climate science.

But if you have other preoccupations and feel overwhelmed, then by all means don't worry about being reasonable.

That angry comment is condescending. Ironically, it shows that you’re angry.

The Republicans want to drive 90 mph into a brick wall. The Democrats claim to want to slow it down to 70.

It doesn’t matter what the politicians campaign on. All the carbon is getting burnt. We hear a lot about climate change deniers. Yeah, fuck them. But what’s the term for people who think feel good no substance bullshit really helps? We’re not going to transition out of fossil fuels until they’re gone. Even if we develop other energy sources. Even if it’s cleaner, cheaper. Even if fossil fuel consumption is made illegal. It’s still going to be dug out of the earth and burned. A concentrated energy source that offers that much convenience is getting used.
10-11-2017, 10:44 AM
(10-11-2017 10:25 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(10-11-2017 05:56 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I decided to take some time off and decided to let my insurance lapse for 3 months to save some money and I got a notice that there’s a $600 tax penalty for NOT having insurance...

Interesting. In Australia, our Medicare levy of 2% of salary can't be suspended or put on hold. Obviously if you're not working you're not paying the 2% levy (with no tax penalty), but you'll still pay it on any wages earned prior to or after your unemployment period. The only, single variable is your overall income for the financial year, 1 July to 30 June.

The thing about America is you pay for insurance or work yourself to death for it but you still go broke with fucking medical bills. That’s why I finally decided I don’t give a fuck. You’re fucked whatever. Work hard and get fucked. Say fuck it and get fucked. So I sound like a bitter cunt. It’s still true.
10-11-2017, 10:45 AM
(10-11-2017 10:16 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 11:44 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump will end up putting more federal judges on the court than any other president...

This assertion of yours of course relies on the presumption that all or most of those judges will be sympathetic to the Trump cause once in office, and even if they are now—due to the "suck" factor—how can you guarantee they still will be in 18 months or in 10 years' time? You can't.

Quote:...the likelihood of any laws they pass making it through the courts over the next 30-40 years are ZERO.

LOL... this claim is totally absurd! Or are you claiming to be a clairvoyant now? Maybe the batteries in your crystal ball could be flat too?

Quote:I didn't care which republican won...

And sadly for the US population, this is precisely why you ended up with a mental midget with delusions of grandeur as POTUS. You (and a gazillion of your compatriots) should've cared more who had their finger on the red button. That you voted for a party rather than its various candidates' individual practices and policies shows a lazy ignorance of what an elector's vote should be all about. Your attitude is almost childlike in its simplicity—Rep good and Dem bad. End of story.

Federal judges sit for a LONG time. There are judges on the bench that have been there 50 years. I know of at least one judge that was appointed by President Johnson and has worked 51 years without a leave of absence (some justices will retire for a few years, then get reappointed to the court again).

These judges don't have to be loyal to Trump, only the conservative brand. Uphold gun rights, be tough on crime, etc.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
10-11-2017, 10:53 AM
(10-11-2017 10:44 AM)ImFred Wrote:  The thing about America is you pay for insurance or work yourself to death for it but you still go broke with fucking medical bills...

What sort of levy do you pay in the US for your Medicare insurance? Is it a percentage of your wages, fixed or sliding? Assuming you do have Medicare, do you have to pay anything for, say, a visit to your GP (MD) for a repeat prescription, or is it free? Even with Medicare here in Aus, we still have to pay the doctor around AU$76, with a Federal government rebate of only $37, so nearly everyone is $39 out of pocket for each 15-minute timed visit.

10-11-2017, 11:08 AM
(10-11-2017 10:53 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(10-11-2017 10:44 AM)ImFred Wrote:  The thing about America is you pay for insurance or work yourself to death for it but you still go broke with fucking medical bills...

What sort of levy do you pay in the US for your Medicare insurance? Is it a percentage of your wages, fixed or sliding? Assuming you do have Medicare, do you have to pay anything for, say, a visit to your GP (MD) for a repeat prescription, or is it free? Even with Medicare here in Aus, we still have to pay the doctor around AU$76, with a Federal government rebate of only $37, so nearly everyone is $39 out of pocket for each 15-minute timed visit.

I don’t know anything about Medicare. Your system sounds suckass though.
10-11-2017, 11:13 AM
(10-11-2017 10:45 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Federal judges sit for a LONG time. There are judges on the bench that have been there 50 years. I know of at least one judge that was appointed by President Johnson and has worked 51 years without a leave of absence...

I know they have lifetime tenure (which is totally absurd) but seriously? And names please.

10-11-2017, 11:23 AM
(09-11-2017 10:58 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  They've done nothing. And they're doing it purposefully.

"Never ascribe to malice what is easily explained by stupidity."