MAGA!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2017, 11:30 AM
RE: MAGA!!
(10-11-2017 11:13 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(10-11-2017 10:45 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Federal judges sit for a LONG time. There are judges on the bench that have been there 50 years. I know of at least one judge that was appointed by President Johnson and has worked 51 years without a leave of absence...

I know they have lifetime tenure (which is totally absurd) but seriously? And names please.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_Real

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
10-11-2017, 12:10 PM
(10-11-2017 10:53 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(10-11-2017 10:44 AM)ImFred Wrote:  The thing about America is you pay for insurance or work yourself to death for it but you still go broke with fucking medical bills...

What sort of levy do you pay in the US for your Medicare insurance? Is it a percentage of your wages, fixed or sliding?

2.9% payroll tax. 1.45% from me and 1.45% from my employer (which is also the Government so that's kinda weird). Then when you are eligible to receive benefits at 65, there are additional premiums.

(10-11-2017 10:53 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Assuming you do have Medicare, do you have to pay anything for, say, a visit to your GP (MD) for a repeat prescription, or is it free? Even with Medicare here in Aus, we still have to pay the doctor around AU$76, with a Federal government rebate of only $37, so nearly everyone is $39 out of pocket for each 15-minute timed visit.

It depends. For Medicaid the poorest pay $4 for a doctor's visit and $4-8 for drugs. For Medicare it's typically 20% of a pre-negotiated price. My private insurance is actually better than Medicare and costs less.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-11-2017, 12:20 PM
(10-11-2017 07:22 AM)ImFred Wrote:  
Quote:Regressive? Yes

That’s the whole fucking thing. There’s no yeah but... it’s a regressive tax and regressive taxes by definition oppress the poor.

Single payer. Rich people pay for it. That’s it. Anything else can fuck off. I don’t care if it’s dems or repubs. I’m not young or healthy either.

Think about it. You lose your shitty “coverage”. You’re like that sucks but whatever. Here’s your bill for NOT having insurance. Talk about kicking a dog when he’s down! America has two choices: The fuck you in the ass party and the kick you in the nuts party.

I’m voting for eat shit you fucking cunts.

Nope. He's right and you're wrong. So there!

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
10-11-2017, 12:26 PM
(10-11-2017 10:37 AM)ImFred Wrote:  We’re not going to transition out of fossil fuels until they’re gone. Even if we develop other energy sources. Even if it’s cleaner, cheaper. Even if fossil fuel consumption is made illegal. It’s still going to be dug out of the earth and burned. A concentrated energy source that offers that much convenience is getting used.

Why in the world would you think that? Millions of people all over the world are already aware of the climate change problem and are making progress against it. What's happening in the U.S. is not representative at all. You should check out some of the posts in the climate change discussion.
10-11-2017, 12:36 PM
(10-11-2017 12:26 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(10-11-2017 10:37 AM)ImFred Wrote:  We’re not going to transition out of fossil fuels until they’re gone. Even if we develop other energy sources. Even if it’s cleaner, cheaper. Even if fossil fuel consumption is made illegal. It’s still going to be dug out of the earth and burned. A concentrated energy source that offers that much convenience is getting used.

Why in the world would you think that? Millions of people all over the world are already aware of the climate change problem and are making progress against it. What's happening in the U.S. is not representative at all. You should check out some of the posts in the climate change discussion.

https://youtu.be/8ceDzvvBfts

https://youtu.be/JX_W58qBXOw

Think about where we are.
10-11-2017, 02:11 PM
MAGA!!
So are you a fan of the original intent case and is say the 18th century when America was supposed to have been great?

I'm still not sure why judges using that idea formed more in the 70s & 80s is given this credit as being the history of how judges are credited.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
10-11-2017, 05:29 PM
(08-11-2017 11:44 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump will end up putting more federal judges on the court than any other president...
This is purely opportunistic, any Republican leader would have done this. This isn't a Trump thing.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
10-11-2017, 06:43 PM
Obama didn’t get his pick, the left let it happen, the evangelical right jizzed all over their ballots.
10-11-2017, 07:03 PM
Another thing that always pops into my head when I see the LoudDickHead post is a quote from Joseph Campbell.

“In choosing your god, you choose your way of looking at the universe. There are plenty of Gods. Choose yours. The god you worship is the god you deserve.”

Dude's just swapped one god for another. I'm with Joe, dickhead gets what he deserves. ... I still feel bad for his daughter though.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-11-2017, 07:45 PM
Still trying to figure out why an atheist, posting on an atheist site, is happy that conservative christian judges are being appointed to the supreme court..

What's the difference between a cow and religion?

You can't milk a cow for 2000 years...
[+] 6 users Like Gruntsky's post