MAGA!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2017, 02:45 PM
RE: MAGA!!
(09-11-2017 10:58 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  A president doesn't make laws. Congress does. This congress, although lead by republicans, have done nothing that Trump has wanted with the exception of getting his judges appointed.

I honestly think this is a setup. The GOP is hoping to squeak by in the midterms with a slim majority (likely in the senate, still have a chance in the house). Then they want him gone. They will have a GOP primary in 2020 guaranteed. They hope his approval ratings are so low that he'll not run for reelection or get beaten by a challenger in the primary so they'll have their party back. If they hold onto congress after the midterms and have a real GOP nominee in 2020 everything will be back to normal.

Right now they're just using him for these judicial nominations to load the courts with conservatives. That's about all he's good for right about now. They're not giving him any legislation that he wants. Think about it. If they wanted to, they could have had his back and passed a law implementating his immigration ban. They could have outright repealed the ACA. They could have passed legislation funding the border wall. They've done nothing. And they're doing it purposefully.

Poor Poor Rich Donie. He wants to make america better but everyone is standing in his way.

No one knows what The president wants because HE doesn't know what he wants. He just spits out words and hopes they make sense to people.

The people he has had say on have be nothing more the horrid. If a person listened to anything other then infowars one may know this.

Let's run threw his top picks.

Ben Carson

[Image: BCcurrent.jpg]

A talented Neurosurgeon creating new methods to treat brain stem tumors, and hemispherectomy techniques to control seizures. You would think he may be a great candidate for the surgeon general, or something to do with the department of health.

Nope.

Secretary of Housing and urban Development.

Oh and he's batshit crazy for jesus.

[Image: FHVDdbq.png]

Betsy DeVos

[Image: rsz_1gettyimages-634271848-1280x720.jpg]

A longtime backer of Charter schools and vouchers for private and religious schools. The Dick and Betsy DeVos Famliy foundation from 1999 to 2014 supported private Christian schools (at least $8.6 million), charter schools ($5.2 million), and public schools ($59,750). Specific donations included $2.39 million to the Grand Rapids Christian High School Association, $652,000 to the Ada Christian School, and $458,000 to Holland Christian Schools.

Why would he choose her? OH Because she's a billionaire.

Rick Perry

[Image: rick-perry.jpg]

Now a secretary of Energy. Wanted to remove the depart of energy. That is when can remember what it's called. Didn't know the department of energy dealt with nuclear weapons or reactors. Doesn't believe in climate change.

Lighting round.

Kellyanne Conway:

Steve Bannon: Fired/quiet
Jared Kusner: No experience in politics but is family.
Ivanka Trump: No experience in politics but is family.
D Trump Jr.: No experience but family.
Tom Price: Quiet
Carl Ichan: Quiet
Inge Thulin: Quiet
Thea Lee: Quiet
Richard Trumka: Quiet
Scott Paul: Quiet
Anthony Scaramucci: Fired (10 days)
Reince Priebus: quiet
Sean Spicer: Quiet
Mike Flynn: Quiet
Sally Yates: Fired

The Emperor HAS NO CLOSE LDH!

This is not a monarchy. Which I have to constantly remind ® our leader is a representative of the people not a king. When have three branches of government so that no one branch ever gains to much power. It's a government of the people, by the people, for the people. When you have a nit wit like Donald is the seat it looks bad on all of us. That he puts his needs before that of the people, not just his golf buddies.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Commonsensei's post
11-11-2017, 06:14 PM
(11-11-2017 01:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...Access to health care is something which should be a fundamental right, not access to firearms.

It does seem a bizarre contradiction of terms. In the US it's perfectly okay to possess an assault weapon—as did shooter Devin Kelley—but to possess the benzodiazepine Rohypnol (flunitrazepam) is a federal offence, despite being prescribed widely and legally in Australia for insomnia and as a pre-med prior to anaesthesia.

This in itself indicates how distorted and overreaching the US's firearms laws are, and helps illustrate the political voting power of the 5.5 million financial members of the NRA—and also the 9 million others who support the NRA non-financially. [Pew research Center]

It's far easier for US legislators to ban access to drugs and deny free health services than it is to repeal the current gun laws. Gung-ho NRA supporters collectively comprise a far greater and more empowered political force than any disparate group of sick, or elderly and infirm people do.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
12-11-2017, 02:05 AM
(11-11-2017 01:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  My personal opinion is that we should amend the Constitution to repeal the Second Amendment. How many other countries recognize the right to bear arms as a fundamental Constitutional right? Let me check. ... Guatemala and Mexico. I think you should be able to own a gun if you want just as you should be able to drive a car if you want, I also think that you should be required to demonstrate proficiency and competence in their use as a condition. It shouldn't be a fundamental right, it should be conditional. Access to health care is something which should be a fundamental right, not access to firearms.

I'd vote Girly in 2020. Thumbsup

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-11-2017, 07:28 AM
(10-11-2017 08:02 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(10-11-2017 07:45 PM)Gruntsky Wrote:  Still trying to figure out why an atheist, posting on an atheist site, is happy that conservative christian judges are being appointed to the supreme court..
As far as I can make it out, he cares only about gun laws and his perception is that conservative judges will oppose any further proposed gun restrictions and will perhaps consider relaxing existing gun restrictions.

He doesn't seem to care about freedom from religion, freedom of choice for women on their own wombs, freedom for LGBTpeople etc. Small price to pay for access to any gun of choice.

He probably didn't come to atheism through rational reasons.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
14-11-2017, 03:14 PM
(10-11-2017 05:56 AM)ImFred Wrote:  
(09-11-2017 09:26 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  Lucky you.

In my world, Trump is threatening America's progress on climate change and messing with the ACA, which my wife and I need.

Not to mention how angry I've been since he was elected. That's not healthy either.
Angry

I decided to take some time off and decided to let my insurance lapse for 3 months to save some money and I got a notice that there’s a $600 tax penalty for NOT having insurance. Uh, no thanks on that “affordable” care. More like unaffordable pretend care.

And climate change is going full steam ahead whether we have an administration that pretends it isn’t or an administration that pretends to be doing something.

If you're so poor that you can't afford continuous health insurance, you should either be eligible for a subsidy or exemption from the penalty. The exemption criteria is pretty easy to find. I've heard a lot of people complaining that didn't actually understand how much help was available.
https://www.healthcare.gov/lower-costs/q...wer-costs/
https://www.healthcare.gov/health-covera...-to-apply/
[+] 2 users Like isbelldl's post