MC Yo Wassup VS Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2015, 04:20 PM
MC Yo Wassup VS Atheism
I am MC Yo Wassup. I am a 54 y/o rapper from Tucson Arizona. I have been on youtube for three years now and have mostly stayed in the hip hop community. However recently I made my first video concerning the debate that the atheists waste peoples time with. I dont claim to know anything but neither should you claim you know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrPEeq9d_TA

I would like to see what the Atheist community here has to say now that I presented this argument to you all. Does this change anyones mind?

SHOUT OUT SETH LOVE YOU BROTHER but you gotta get humbler yo, its okay to no know.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2015, 04:43 PM
RE: MC Yo Wassup VS Atheism
Is there any evidence in that link?
[+] 1 user Likes TheStraightener's post
03-03-2015, 04:47 PM
(03-03-2015 04:43 PM)TheStraightener Wrote:  Is there any evidence in that link?

Bro you totally missed the point of the video and my claim. I claim Not to know because its too complex so no there is no evidence because if I had evidence of ignorance what logical sense would that make. I just want Atheists to not to stress so much that they know for sure there isnt a higher power just claim you dont know and its okay not to. Does this clear up my perspective?
03-03-2015, 05:00 PM
(03-03-2015 04:47 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  
(03-03-2015 04:43 PM)TheStraightener Wrote:  Is there any evidence in that link?

Bro you totally missed the point of the video and my claim. I claim Not to know because its too complex so no there is no evidence because if I had evidence of ignorance what logical sense would that make. I just want Atheists to not to stress so much that they know for sure there isnt a higher power just claim you dont know and its okay not to. Does this clear up my perspective?

I think you'll find that many, if not most, of the members here identify as agnostic atheists. We don't believe there is a god because we do not see any actual evidence to support that claim. We also don't claim to know that there is no god because we don't have conclusive evidence to support that claim either.

Some do claim certainty but, in my experience anyway, they are a minority of atheists. The rest of us tend to stick with "I don't know" being the best answer and are willing to wait for evidence before deciding.

If you also agree that you don't know then I don't understand why you would believe it to be true anyway. We have many things we don't fully understand and many that we are only beginning to know enough to be asking the right questions. So far, everything we have figured out has had natural explanations so if you are going to believe one way or the other then the claim that "no god exists" seems easier to justify.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 6 users Like unfogged's post
03-03-2015, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2015 05:14 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(03-03-2015 04:47 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  

Not really no.

Few atheists claim 100% there isn't the indistinct, highly improbable, uber rare chance of a creative force somewhere. We can, or at least I do often, claim that the anthropocentric, abrahamic myth based christian god is non-existent because the basis of that belief is a fictional book called the bible, which can be eviscerated once one removes the plethora of pseudepigrapha, interpolations, parables and allegorical writings. So if the knowledge of this god is based on a fictional book, there exists zero empirical evidence for such god, and it requires abject blind faith to believe in this god, then yes, i think I can say, that particular god doesn't exist. Can I disprove it? The bible yes, god No, but neither can I disprove Thor, Zeus or Athena 100%, there is always *rolls eyes* the possibility. Perhaps it is the great pumpkin who created life, by smearing pumpkin pie on bigfoots ass while fucking a fairy......can't "disprove" that either.

Does that clear up my perspective?

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 6 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
03-03-2015, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2015 05:08 PM by Free.)
(03-03-2015 04:20 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  I am MC Yo Wassup. I am a 54 y/o rapper from Tucson Arizona. I have been on youtube for three years now and have mostly stayed in the hip hop community. However recently I made my first video concerning the debate that the atheists waste peoples time with. I dont claim to know anything but neither should you claim you know.

I would like to see what the Atheist community here has to say now that I presented this argument to you all. Does this change anyones mind?

SHOUT OUT SETH LOVE YOU BROTHER but you gotta get humbler yo, its okay to no know.

Welcome to the forum.

I am an atheist, and guess what?

I love my children as much as anyone. I teach them right from wrong according to the very same principles that theists such as yourself have, namely, the Ethic of Reciprocity aka, "The Golden Rule."

I live my life based upon honesty. I believe it is for the greater good that demonstrable truths should always be acknowledged, while beliefs in religions should always be questioned.

Why do I question religious beliefs? Because we have so many different religions, each with different denominations, and each one claiming to be the sole holder of the truth. So how can all the religions, who claim all other religious faiths are false, all be true? Is it not reasonable and honest for me to say, "They cannot all be true?"

So you speak of God. You speak of your beliefs in which you hold to so dearly. It is admirable that you have such resolve in your beliefs, and that you will live your life according to them. It would bring me great pleasure to know that at the end of your life your beliefs proved to be true.

But to critical thinkers such as myself, and others who prefer to employ sound reasoning and intellectual honesty in regards to beliefs such as yours, we have made a decision. We have decided that living our lives according to what can be actually demonstrated to be true via observation is far more honest than living our lives according to unproven beliefs.

You see, no person on this earth has ever proven the existence of a god, angels, or any spiritual realm known as heaven. Yet, we have billions of people from thousands of different religions all believing in some form of a god (Jehovah, Allah, etc) without a single shred of evidence.

A book, such as a Bible, Koran, or any other, does not provide evidence of any such god. If they did, then any book ever written- fiction or otherwise- would also provide evidence of the existence of whatever it is they made a claim to. No, you see, evidence is what can be detected and observed in some way, and no such evidence supporting any kind of god has ever been detected.

Therefore, I personally find it dishonest to believe in something that cannot be demonstrated as being true. How could it be more honest to believe in the god of the bible than it would to believe in any character written in any work of fiction? I mean seriously, neither one has any more evidence for their existence than the other, so don't you think that if I claimed that- for example- Peter Pan was a god that I just might be a little dishonest?

No, we here are atheists. We are atheists because we are being honest with ourselves, and have refused to accept unproven claims based upon faith based religious ideologies. We are atheists because we love our children and families enough to not subject them to beliefs that historically have demonstrated themselves to be the greatest threat ever known to humankind.

We are atheists because we value the truth.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 2 users Like Free's post
03-03-2015, 05:06 PM
(03-03-2015 05:00 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(03-03-2015 04:47 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  Bro you totally missed the point of the video and my claim. I claim Not to know because its too complex so no there is no evidence because if I had evidence of ignorance what logical sense would that make. I just want Atheists to not to stress so much that they know for sure there isnt a higher power just claim you dont know and its okay not to. Does this clear up my perspective?

I think you'll find that many, if not most, of the members here identify as agnostic atheists. We don't believe there is a god because we do not see any actual evidence to support that claim. We also don't claim to know that there is no god because we don't have conclusive evidence to support that claim either.

Some do claim certainty but, in my experience anyway, they are a minority of atheists. The rest of us tend to stick with "I don't know" being the best answer and are willing to wait for evidence before deciding.

If you also agree that you don't know then I don't understand why you would believe it to be true anyway. We have many things we don't fully understand and many that we are only beginning to know enough to be asking the right questions. So far, everything we have figured out has had natural explanations so if you are going to believe one way or the other then the claim that "no god exists" seems easier to justify.

I hear you brother thanks for the reply. I am confused by what is an agnostic, atheist I thought they are different opposing beliefs. Also I dont think saying "no god exists" is easier to justify I think that its easier to justify seeing our world and universe that there is indeed most likely some sort of higher power but ultimately even though the chances lean massively towards there indeed is a "god' and I feel deep down there must be, I never the less humbly admit that I am not smart enough to know for sure and am willing to admit there is a very slight chance there is not one.
03-03-2015, 05:08 PM
(03-03-2015 04:20 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  I am MC Yo Wassup. I am a 54 y/o rapper from Tucson Arizona. I have been on youtube for three years now and have mostly stayed in the hip hop community. However recently I made my first video concerning the debate that the atheists waste peoples time with. I dont claim to know anything but neither should you claim you know.

You've got nothing different to say than any other theist. I don't know why you think you will have any more influence than anyone else who has tried.
03-03-2015, 05:09 PM
(03-03-2015 05:06 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  
(03-03-2015 05:00 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I think you'll find that many, if not most, of the members here identify as agnostic atheists. We don't believe there is a god because we do not see any actual evidence to support that claim. We also don't claim to know that there is no god because we don't have conclusive evidence to support that claim either.

I hear you brother thanks for the reply. I am confused by what is an agnostic, atheist I thought they are different opposing beliefs. Also I dont think saying "no god exists" is easier to justify I think that its easier to justify seeing our world and universe that there is indeed most likely some sort of higher power but ultimately even though the chances lean massively towards there indeed is a "god' and I feel deep down there must be, I never the less humbly admit that I am not smart enough to know for sure and am willing to admit there is a very slight chance there is not one.

Here you go MC,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_atheism

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
03-03-2015, 05:17 PM
(03-03-2015 05:01 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Not really no.

Few atheists claim 100% there isn't the distinct, highly improbable, uber rare chance of a creative force somewhere. We can, or at least I do often, claim that the anthropocentric, abrahamic myth based christian god is non-existent because the basis of that belief is a fictional book called the bible, which can be eviscerated once one removes the plethora of pseudepigrapha, interpolations, parables and allegorical writings. So if the knowledge of this god is based on a fictional book, there exists zero empirical evidence for such god, and it requires abject blind faith to believe in this god, then yes, i think I can say, that particular god doesn't exist. Can I disprove it? The bible yes, god No, but neither can I disprove Thor, Zeus or Athena 100%, there is always *rolls eyes* the possibility. Perhaps it is the great pumpkin who created life, by smearing pumpkin pie on bigfoots ass while fucking a fairy......can't "disprove" that either.

Does that clear up my perspective?

I am not claiming I know that this "force/god" is the Abrahamic one it could be anything really and maybe as you say nothing at all but also yo can't disprove that there was not a moses and he did not talk to god through a burning bush etc. you were not there and it is in the realm of possibility and it is not blind faith that makes people believe it but 1000s of years of oral tradition that has shaped their lives and I think that needs to be something that is kept in that context and respected. Also I cant rule out zeus and athena Ill admit. Even though you were a bit rude at the end I love you bro and one day you to will learn to humbly admit when you dont know.