MC Yo Wassup VS Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2015, 12:21 PM
RE: MC Yo Wassup VS Atheism
(03-03-2015 04:20 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  I am MC Yo Wassup. I am a 54 y/o rapper from Tucson Arizona. I have been on youtube for three years now and have mostly stayed in the hip hop community. However recently I made my first video concerning the debate that the atheists waste peoples time with. I dont claim to know anything but neither should you claim you know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrPEeq9d_TA

I would like to see what the Atheist community here has to say now that I presented this argument to you all. Does this change anyones mind?

SHOUT OUT SETH LOVE YOU BROTHER but you gotta get humbler yo, its okay to no know.

I like how in the video you say that you choose to believe.
You see those of us who think rationally don't choose what to believe.
I could claim to choose to believe in leprechauns but I wouldn't actually believe given what I've learned about the world. I have no choice but to discard leprechauns as real. When I'm presented with evidence I will reconsider my position. It's the exact same thing with gods..
I've said it many times.
A rational mind doesn't choose what to believe. It is forced to accept that which is supported by evidence.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
04-03-2015, 03:19 PM
(04-03-2015 06:55 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Rap - A rhyming dictionary played through a popcorn popper......

I ain't impressed.

Learn how to sing. Develop a talent. Do something original.

Rap.....sheeesh...

Haha and singing is controlled screaming, I think George Carlin said that. I think my rap is original sorry you don't feel the same way.
04-03-2015, 03:28 PM
(04-03-2015 12:21 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(03-03-2015 04:20 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  I am MC Yo Wassup. I am a 54 y/o rapper from Tucson Arizona. I have been on youtube for three years now and have mostly stayed in the hip hop community. However recently I made my first video concerning the debate that the atheists waste peoples time with. I dont claim to know anything but neither should you claim you know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrPEeq9d_TA

I would like to see what the Atheist community here has to say now that I presented this argument to you all. Does this change anyones mind?

SHOUT OUT SETH LOVE YOU BROTHER but you gotta get humbler yo, its okay to no know.

I like how in the video you say that you choose to believe.
You see those of us who think rationally don't choose what to believe.
I could claim to choose to believe in leprechauns but I wouldn't actually believe given what I've learned about the world. I have no choice but to discard leprechauns as real. When I'm presented with evidence I will reconsider my position. It's the exact same thing with gods..
I've said it many times.
A rational mind doesn't choose what to believe. It is forced to accept that which is supported by evidence.

If you do indeed think rationally than you first see what are the possible truth in the case of god he is very likely to exist but there is a small chance he does not. So based on this you can CHOOSE to believe one or the other as both are possible I chose to believe the more likely scenario... God
04-03-2015, 03:29 PM
(04-03-2015 08:11 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 07:54 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Hmmm, 54 y/o rapper? Don`t want to be judgmental but...seriously?

MC Grandpa Big Grin

Welcome to the forum

Don't knock the old muscians, man.

The Catarappers were good, if a little blinded by success, and we can't forget about their dedicated breakdance crew, The Hip Replacements. Certainly lived up to their name.
The Dementia Men and the Alzheimer Alleymen were great! ... Before they forgot everything that is... Then it just got sad...

Haha I am a bit old but my music speaks for itself.
04-03-2015, 03:32 PM
(04-03-2015 09:09 AM)Sam Wrote:  
(03-03-2015 04:47 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  Bro you totally missed the point of the video and my claim. I claim Not to know because its too complex so no there is no evidence because if I had evidence of ignorance what logical sense would that make. I just want Atheists to not to stress so much that they know for sure there isnt a higher power just claim you dont know and its okay not to. Does this clear up my perspective?

There’s obviously more to your being here than agnosticism.

I've never once heard anyone try to convert people to agnosticism before.

I arrived at atheism after a long process of thought and reading, the fact that you can't come to a conclusion one way or another is not about to alter my views.

To me, the idea of a god is utterly ridiculous...

It's humbling to say idk. Also how is the idea of god ridiculous when it is the most probable?
04-03-2015, 03:46 PM
(04-03-2015 03:32 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 09:09 AM)Sam Wrote:  There’s obviously more to your being here than agnosticism.

I arrived at atheism after a long process of thought and reading, the fact that you can't come to a conclusion one way or another is not about to alter my views.

It's humbling to say idk. Also how is the idea of god ridiculous when it is the most probable?
Well one it's not the most probable, unless you have some math to back that up. Secondly what people find ridiculous is subjective but if we are going by the classic Abraham god of the bible there is nothing about that twat that is NOT ridiculous.
I've personally never heard a god defined in anyway and by anyone that made any sense and was not ridiculous.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
04-03-2015, 03:51 PM
(04-03-2015 03:32 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  Also how is the idea of god ridiculous when it is the most probable?

How are you deciding that it is more probable?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
04-03-2015, 03:54 PM
(04-03-2015 03:51 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 03:32 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  Also how is the idea of god ridiculous when it is the most probable?

Because he feels a tickle in his taint and assumes it must be gawd.

Whereas a normal person, might assume jock itch. Drinking Beverage

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-03-2015, 03:55 PM
(04-03-2015 03:51 PM)unfogged Wrote:  

So far all I have seen is an assertion trying to justify a belief and not a belief informed by requisite evidence for an informed determination of probability.

It is cause he wants it to be.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
04-03-2015, 03:57 PM
(04-03-2015 03:32 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 09:09 AM)Sam Wrote:  There’s obviously more to your being here than agnosticism.

And the hidden agenda is exposed... Drinking Beverage

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user