MC Yo Wassup VS Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2015, 04:01 PM
RE: MC Yo Wassup VS Atheism
(04-03-2015 03:28 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 12:21 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I like how in the video you say that you choose to believe.
You see those of us who think rationally don't choose what to believe.
I could claim to choose to believe in leprechauns but I wouldn't actually believe given what I've learned about the world. I have no choice but to discard leprechauns as real. When I'm presented with evidence I will reconsider my position. It's the exact same thing with gods..
I've said it many times.
A rational mind doesn't choose what to believe. It is forced to accept that which is supported by evidence.

If you do indeed think rationally than you first see what are the possible truth in the case of god he is very likely to exist but there is a small chance he does not. So based on this you can CHOOSE to believe one or the other as both are possible I chose to believe the more likely scenario... God

I would like to see how you've reached the conclusion that it's more likely that god exists. What are you basing that assertion on? What data do you have?
You don't have it right? So you have chosen your belief rather than be convinced by actual evidence.
You don't see a problem there?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2015, 04:07 PM
(04-03-2015 04:01 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 03:28 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  If you do indeed think rationally than you first see what are the possible truth in the case of god he is very likely to exist but there is a small chance he does not. So based on this you can CHOOSE to believe one or the other as both are possible I chose to believe the more likely scenario... God

I would like to see how you've reached the conclusion that it's more likely that god exists. What are you basing that assertion on? What data do you have?
You don't have it right? So you have chosen your belief rather than be convinced by actual evidence.
You don't see a problem there?

Yo, the storms man, the storms, the sunrise and sunset...

The tide goes in and the tide goes out....we don't know why...

/thread

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-03-2015, 04:14 PM
[Image: t71h8h.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
04-03-2015, 04:20 PM
(04-03-2015 03:54 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 03:51 PM)unfogged Wrote:  How are you deciding that it is more probable?

Because he feels a tickle in his taint and assumes it must be gawd.

Whereas a normal person, might assume jock itch. Drinking Beverage

[rimshot]

Bowing

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
04-03-2015, 04:36 PM
(04-03-2015 03:19 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 06:55 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Rap - A rhyming dictionary played through a popcorn popper......

I ain't impressed.

Learn how to sing. Develop a talent. Do something original.

Rap.....sheeesh...

Haha and singing is controlled screaming, I think George Carlin said that. I think my rap is original sorry you don't feel the same way.

Well as they say, rap is only one letter short of crap

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
04-03-2015, 05:26 PM
(04-03-2015 09:34 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 12:22 AM)mcyowassup Wrote:  Thanks for the welcome. I see your point and it is not humble for the religious to claim that they know for sure and to shove their beliefs and rules down our throats. I believe in a secular society and find all the things you mentioned horrible. But those are acts of individuals in groups and the faiths themselves should not be held accountable.

I disagree. Since I hold the position that all religions are man-made (as are gods) it isn’t possible to separate what a religion teaches and it’s followers.

When the Pope says that contraceptives are NOT to be used and Catholics uphold and teach that then how can you say it is the individual and not the faith?

When an Imam announces a fatwa on artists for depicting Mohammed in a cartoon because the Q’ran prohibits idolatry how can you say it is the individual and not the faith?

It doesn’t follow MC. You can close your eyes and think the individual is separate from the faith but if the person is following the tenets of the faith then I hold both responsible and accountable.

I see what you are saying and honestly you are right but if you attack faith people of that faith will feel they are attacked as a group the good and bad the moderate and extreme. So I dont think that will get you anywhere with working out the issues brother.
04-03-2015, 05:41 PM
(04-03-2015 03:28 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  If you do indeed think rationally than you first see what are the possible truth in the case of god he is very likely to exist but there is a small chance he does not. So based on this you can CHOOSE to believe one or the other as both are possible I chose to believe the more likely scenario... God

Me too brother. We just disagree on who that is.

#sigh
04-03-2015, 05:51 PM
(03-03-2015 10:34 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  I honestly figured that see eye to eye with my perspective but ye it'll be tough to get everyone to humbly admit that they can't know everything.

As opposed to humbly admitting they can't know anything? Arrogant bastard.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-03-2015, 06:00 PM
(04-03-2015 04:36 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well as they say, rap is only one letter short of crap

Not if you listen to quality stuff.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 2 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post
04-03-2015, 07:01 PM
(04-03-2015 05:26 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  I see what you are saying and honestly you are right but if you attack faith people of that faith will feel they are attacked as a group the good and bad the moderate and extreme. So I dont think that will get you anywhere with working out the issues brother.

Faith IS the issue.Drinking Beverage

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post