MC Yo Wassup VS Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2015, 07:19 PM
RE: MC Yo Wassup VS Atheism
(04-03-2015 05:26 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 09:34 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  It doesn’t follow MC. You can close your eyes and think the individual is separate from the faith but if the person is following the tenets of the faith then I hold both responsible and accountable.

I see what you are saying and honestly you are right but if you attack faith people of that faith will feel they are attacked as a group the good and bad the moderate and extreme. So I dont think that will get you anywhere with working out the issues brother.

It is incumbent on every human being to point out injustices.

You say attacked, I say hold them accountable and make them look in the mirror.

I get this stong feeling from your posts that you are very much a pacifist. I have a friend that’s a pacifist. Doesn’t want to stir the pot, wants to fly under the radar, wants to be invisible, wants others to do the dirty work and then cheer in anonymity from behind closed doors.

With injustices some people can be talked to and they will come to their senses. With others you have to grab the biggest stick you can find and force them to act justly because, friend, they ain’t going there on their own. Hear me my brother?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2015, 07:21 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2015 08:23 PM by GirlyMan.)
(04-03-2015 04:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 04:01 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I would like to see how you've reached the conclusion that it's more likely that god exists. What are you basing that assertion on? What data do you have?
You don't have it right? So you have chosen your belief rather than be convinced by actual evidence.
You don't see a problem there?

Yo, the storms man, the storms, the sunrise and sunset...

The tide goes in and the tide goes out....we don't know why...

/thread

"... according to blahblah pewblah research blawstitute only 1.6% of Americans are atheists."

The situation is proceeding according to plan.

[Image: wolf.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-03-2015, 07:53 PM
(04-03-2015 07:19 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  [quote='mcyowassup' pid='744821' dateline='1425511571']
With injustices some people can be talked to and they will come to their senses. With others you have to grab the biggest stick you can find and force them to act justly because, friend, they ain’t going there on their own. Hear me my brother?

Woah now who is going to decide the meaning of justice? You can't just blindly force the world to bend to your will. You might have a lot of good ideas but I bet you would have a lot of bad ones too.
04-03-2015, 08:11 PM
(04-03-2015 07:01 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 05:26 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  I see what you are saying and honestly you are right but if you attack faith people of that faith will feel they are attacked as a group the good and bad the moderate and extreme. So I dont think that will get you anywhere with working out the issues brother.

Faith IS the issue.Drinking Beverage

#sigh
04-03-2015, 08:18 PM
(04-03-2015 03:54 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Because he feels a tickle in his taint and assumes it must be gawd.

Big Grin

Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
04-03-2015, 08:46 PM
(04-03-2015 06:00 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 04:36 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well as they say, rap is only one letter short of crap

Not if you listen to quality stuff.

Even then it falls, rap is just not my thing.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
04-03-2015, 10:43 PM
(04-03-2015 08:46 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 06:00 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Not if you listen to quality stuff.

Even then it falls, rap is just not my thing.

Bro I hear you cuz I'm country myself but the thing is I think in rap so its easy for me to write.
04-03-2015, 10:57 PM
(04-03-2015 07:53 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 07:19 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  With injustices some people can be talked to and they will come to their senses. With others you have to grab the biggest stick you can find and force them to act justly because, friend, they ain’t going there on their own. Hear me my brother?

Woah now who is going to decide the meaning of justice? You can't just blindly force the world to bend to your will. You might have a lot of good ideas but I bet you would have a lot of bad ones too.

Ironic from one defending religion and their dogmas.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Take a look at the examples I gave earlier on the thread and tell me if you agree those are just.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
04-03-2015, 11:04 PM
So wait... Are you a Christian or just an agnostic?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
04-03-2015, 11:30 PM
(04-03-2015 11:04 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  So wait... Are you a Christian or just an agnostic?

Some version of agnostic theist? Pleasant enough fella so far.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.