MC Yo Wassup VS Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2015, 07:03 PM
RE: MC Yo Wassup VS Atheism
(03-03-2015 04:20 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  I am MC Yo Wassup. I am a 54 y/o rapper from Tucson Arizona. I have been on youtube for three years now and have mostly stayed in the hip hop community. However recently I made my first video concerning the debate that the atheists waste peoples time with. I dont claim to know anything but neither should you claim you know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrPEeq9d_TA

I would like to see what the Atheist community here has to say now that I presented this argument to you all. Does this change anyones mind?

SHOUT OUT SETH LOVE YOU BROTHER but you gotta get humbler yo, its okay to no know.

[Image: 1370.gif]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
03-03-2015, 07:08 PM
(03-03-2015 06:50 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  Thanks for the welcome do appreciate.

Big Grin

(03-03-2015 06:50 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  The link you provided was disturbing.

Blink

Sad

I'm... kind of confused. The animation? Or the singing and dancing? Consider

(03-03-2015 06:50 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  You admit there were no credible eye witnesses who cant say on way or the other about the events around the life of Moses,

Not quite. I wasn't admitting, I was posing my ideas/thoughts and thence mentioned that some one more knowledgeable than my self might be along who would seem to know more. Smile

(03-03-2015 06:50 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  ...... but yet you claim you know he was a Myth?

I wasn't and am not claiming/declaring such a person is/was a Myth. That the evidence that we're able to put together indicates that the tales about said person did not happen... well, that tends to be indicative of something, no?

(03-03-2015 06:50 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  How does that makes sense brother?

Well, see above and perchance enjoy reading goodwithoutgod's posts. Smile

(03-03-2015 06:50 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  No religion is not blind faith but a way of life long tested for generations so it has an abundance of knowledge which it draws from deep into the centuries.

Blink

What? People's "Word of moth" is tested? If that is indeed that case then most of said tales would seem to be coming up woefully short once the tests have been conducted. (Again, please enjoy reading goodwithoutgod's posts)

Centuries of tales and hearsay are not what has given us the things we have today. You would admit that the actual testing and experimenting with things (Science) has given us the things around us today?

(03-03-2015 06:50 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  That's why all faiths must be respected.

Sorry, you've lost me there. Why again 'Must' all faiths be respected?

On the one hand there's the "understand and defend the right for others to say and think that which they wish."

On the other hand there's also the "Question not just what one thinks, but what others think and claim" as well. Consider

Much cheers to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
03-03-2015, 07:08 PM
(03-03-2015 04:20 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  ... its okay to no know.

Nihilist counters with "it's okay to know no." Tongue

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-03-2015, 07:09 PM
[/quote]
How much do you know about Moses? Do you have some citations I am not aware of? Please provide...in the meantime, here is a small nugget of info on "moses".[/quote]

I claim I dont know him at all and he may have existed and may have not. Everything you wrote after that was just comparing two different subjects history and theology choose cause you cant have it both ways. You can look at the facts from a historical perspective or through one based on holy writings of one religion or another, both have different explanations and both have a large margin for error. I dont think that the story of Moses was how the bible describes it nor do I think it was the way history describes it but what I do know about it is that I dont know what happened.
03-03-2015, 07:10 PM
(03-03-2015 06:53 PM)mcyowassup Wrote:  You can't check what is to complex to understand so you live life humbly not knowing.

Blink

Again, I';m not following yourself here.

What do you mean "We can't check what is complex'?

Of course we can think about, form questions and thence test said questions to try and work out what it is that is so confusing about that which is complex.

I do believe all the fields of science are about doing just such things.

Much cheers to all.
03-03-2015, 07:11 PM
(03-03-2015 06:07 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  "I don't know" is fine.

"I don't know therefore God" is silly.

"I know God and he wants this and so you should do that and live like this and believe like me" is dangerous and a lie.

BROTHER! Finally someone who agrees with what I am saying. All of you have been welcoming but I saw no other not knowers out here till now.
03-03-2015, 07:13 PM
And with that last little nugget, I call Poe

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-03-2015, 07:17 PM
This guy is totally a poe!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
03-03-2015, 07:21 PM
MC

Not trying to be offensive, but have you studied theology? Biblical history? Historicity of jesus? Authorship of OT and NT? These aren't the musings of people who just decided "that god stuff is BS". We can trace this stuff back utilizing various means. Language used, events described....the forensic analysis of the story if you will....and what you find is...no, moses didn't exist, the great global flood myth was based off of the Epic Of Gilgamesh, the OT was fabricated by Judaen priests in 575 to 550 BCE, the NT was fabricated by largely anonymous authors who NEVER knew jesus, and most weren't even born yet when jesus died....the very definition of pseudepigrapha. Not only is there not one shred of evidence for a historical man named jesus from nazareth, but no one who ever wrote of him, knew him. This fact combined with zero empirical evidence that any of the magical events happened, would make a thinking person dismiss it as hero god constructed fabrication by agenda based people. For example..

Matthew 27:45 Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.

Mark 15:33 And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour.

Luke 23:44-48 And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour.

Unfortunately for believers, there is not one shred of evidence that this happened...zero, all of the royal scribes, historians, philosophers, and literate people who wrote down and recorded EVERYTHING of any significance, failed to note the whole earth going dark mid-day for three hours...an eclipse lasts about 7.5 min max, so it wasn’t that, and there were two renowned historians who recorded each and every eclipse, as well as any other astronomical oddity....nothing, .....zero. Never happened.

How about another?

Matthew 27:51-53
King James Version (KJV)
51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Now ins't it fascinating that not a single literate person at the time, thought a zombie invasion was noteworthy? Nope, we had to wait a couple hundred years for someone to write down the story he heard from someone, who heard it from someone who heard it from someone who knew someone who heard it from someone about a zombie invasion...isn't it fascinating that not one other civilization thought the "whole earth going dark for three hours mid-day" worthy of recording....not the Eygptians, not the chinese, no one....one would posit it didnt happen. See how this works?

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
03-03-2015, 07:40 PM
(03-03-2015 07:17 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  This guy is totally a poe, Yo!

Fixt that for ya! Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post