ME

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2014, 06:20 PM
ME
Hi

I have ME/CFS and am housebound so I tend to spend a lot of time online and in forums such as this. I live with my folks who take care of me and had to move out of my house a while back.

I'm 29 and live in Wales, UK.

I'm technically a member of Mensa but I wouldn't call myself active lol - I've never attended any of their events or activities.

I think of myself as a philosopher and I have a keen interest in history, world affairs and US politics and political issues (including gun control, abortion and creationism).

I am stuck on a sofa most of the day and am so weak that writing is very difficult for me but I try to write when I feel up to it and in the last year I've maybe posted about 4000 words (ish) on my blog, which is about social issues. I hope to add the link to my forum signature (perhaps someone could tell me if that's allowed here?)

Anyways think of me as a solid atheistic thinker and skeptic. And above all a philosopher Smile

Smile Smile

** Jingo Planet **
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like barcelonic's post
18-06-2014, 06:26 PM
RE: ME
Welcome aboard! Good to have you in the mix. Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
18-06-2014, 06:33 PM
Welcome to the forum.

North or South Wales?

Please send me the link to your blog via PM (private message)... usually allowed but we do have a few (not many) content-related constraints.

I think your interests match nicely the topics that arise here.
There is also an unwritten rule all the Brits here must tease the Murikans here at all times... preferably with irony (so that they don't get the joke).

Enjoy.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
18-06-2014, 06:40 PM
Welcome, here is your welcome gecko.

[Image: madagascar_day_gecko_by_nakkimo-d5eocow.jpg]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
18-06-2014, 07:56 PM
Welcome! There is a crazy bunch of people here, but they grow on you and there is always something new going on.

With any luck you'll find both entertainment and inspiration here.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-06-2014, 08:09 PM
Welcome aboard!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
18-06-2014, 08:15 PM
Welcome, barcelonic Thumbsup
19-06-2014, 03:46 AM
Thanks for the welcome everybody! Smile

Thatnks Paleo for the pic i actually collect animal pics so thats was cool of u Smile

DLJ - I'm from Swansea - what's a Murikan?
I'll send u PM now thanks Smile
Myabe u can then tell me if its OK to add URL to my sig

** Jingo Planet **
19-06-2014, 01:48 PM
Hi Barcelonic -

That "Murikan" thing you were asking DLJ about .... it works really well if you imagine the former US president GW Bush saying "American" ...sounds like ..."...'murikan..." Don't look at me; I didn't vote for that bonehead. Dodgy

Lots of stuff to read and discuss ... good to have you here!

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
19-06-2014, 01:53 PM
Hello Couch dweller Thumbsup

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post