MH370 confirmed as, all souls lost at sea.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2014, 07:27 PM
RE: MH370 confirmed as, all souls lost at sea.
(24-03-2014 07:25 PM)Baruch Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 06:55 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Hate to be anal but... A league is a unit of distance, rather than depth. 1 league is supposed to represent the distance to the horizon from an observer at sea level.

Fathoms would probably be the depth unit of the same era.

Definitely anal. Angry You must be constipated and feel you must let it out.

On the contrary... I've had the shits for a couple of days.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2014, 07:30 PM
I doubt they will find it, ever. They are having so much trouble just trying to locate "possible" debris from the plane. Then they have to figure out where it floated from since March 8th. Add in a few ocean storms and a deep ocean, I doubt they will locate it.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
24-03-2014, 07:52 PM
(24-03-2014 06:59 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 06:43 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  Not remotely. That will sink like a motherfucker.
ABC news was just mentioning that once they find the debris field, it will need to be scoured for the black box. Considering that our planet is 2/3 oceans, and a huge number of flight paths are over said oceans, it is just bewildering that these don't float.

They are housed in armoured boxes, purely to survive impact or explosion... So they're a big lump of heavy metal.

I completely understand how indestructible they need to be, but that should not preclude their retrievability.
Perhaps something with compressed gas cartridges and a carbon fiber float bag... I'm just spit-balling here but it seems plausible.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
24-03-2014, 07:55 PM
(24-03-2014 07:26 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 06:43 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  Not remotely. That will sink like a motherfucker.
Have you ever seen a motherfucker sink?

Who hasn't? Drinking Beverage

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
24-03-2014, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2014 10:21 PM by sporehux.)
Rumours are photos identifying the wreckage will be shown in 15 minutes.
bogus,

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
25-03-2014, 07:12 AM
did any of the 'eyewitness' stories pan out?

people who claimed they witnessed Flight 370

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
25-03-2014, 10:47 AM
(24-03-2014 07:52 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 06:59 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  They are housed in armoured boxes, purely to survive impact or explosion... So they're a big lump of heavy metal.

I completely understand how indestructible they need to be, but that should not preclude their retrievability.
Perhaps something with compressed gas cartridges and a carbon fiber float bag... I'm just spit-balling here but it seems plausible.

Probably something similar to the floats used on space capsules... But the box is located under the flight deck with all the radar and computer equipment, not an easy spot to eject it from.

Its probably also there for protection...

I suppose there would always be a compromise between protection and accessibility. Better for the information to be intact and difficult to find, than destroyed and easily retrieved.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-03-2014, 03:07 PM
I heard on the radio that family members of the victims were protesting about how the authorities 'mis-handled' the crisis and, 'demanded their families back'.

Yeah like not finding the plane after the crash, was the cause of the crash Dodgy
28-03-2014, 05:46 AM
(26-03-2014 03:07 PM)Magoo Wrote:  I heard on the radio that family members of the victims were protesting about how the authorities 'mis-handled' the crisis and, 'demanded their families back'.

Yeah like not finding the plane after the crash, was the cause of the crash Dodgy

The majority of people on board were Chinese.
Chinese families are pissed off and protested the Chinese government for not putting more pressure on the Malaysian government to stop being a bunch of shit cunts.
China is all like "bro not cool, but we still friends right Malaysia?"
So the Chinese government has to balance keeping relations with the Malaysian government (which are pretty stretched as it is because apparently China has land claims on Malaysia (as it does on many of it's neighbors)) while keeping the families happy and not look like they're shunning the Chinese people.

But it is widely agreed that Malaysia handled things piss poor.

OH and a bunch of the families are sueing Malaysian Airways AND Boeing. So there's that.

[Image: oscar.png]
28-03-2014, 11:24 AM
(28-03-2014 05:46 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(26-03-2014 03:07 PM)Magoo Wrote:  I heard on the radio that family members of the victims were protesting about how the authorities 'mis-handled' the crisis and, 'demanded their families back'.

OH and a bunch of the families are sueing Malaysian Airways AND Boeing. So there's that.

No one cares what happens as long as they get money, typical.