MI Officials Shipping Clean Water to Their Own Workers 1yr Ago

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2016, 07:27 AM
RE: MI Officials Shipping Clean Water to Their Own Workers 1yr Ago
(30-01-2016 03:27 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(30-01-2016 03:12 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Lemme guess......

But SOMEHOW -- the Governor is to blame????

That makes sense...

[/sarcasm]

Uh, no?

There is a problem. In response to this problem, you advocated "Screw 'em". I pointed out how callous that was, especially as it lumped in people who had no fucking way to be at all accountable for the current situation; you know, like children.

So how about those children, do you still advocate screwing them too? Is neglecting the situation still your preferred solution to the problem? Or do you have a better solution that doesn't throw them under the bus while also making assumptions about other people's opinions? Consider

Perhaps you thought it rhetorical ---

Would YOU drink water that came out of lead pipes?????

AS STATED --- the law is, that the homeowner is responsible for the water line from the main under the street -- to the house ---- and this is where the majority of the lead contamination is coming from. It's not a new problem. It's been there pretty much since when they quit using lead pipes -- like back in the 30's.......
As far as I know - Governor Snyder wasn't even born then.....

Do you REALLY think that these people didn't have elevated lead levels before the switch back to the Flint River as a water source? They get better water from Detroit. (how fucking sad is THAT??) But years back - they did get their water from the Flint River......

It's hard to feel sorry for people who refuse to fix their own problems.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2016, 04:11 PM
I think the governor is far more responsible than the individuals impacted. They were complaining about this for well over a year and were told over and over they were wrong and the water was safe. Doctors raised concerns and they were told to STFU and the water was safe. Meanwhile, the state was affirmatively told there was a risk and how to avoid it and they made a decision to ignore it. To the point about who is responsible for the pipes - you've go to be fucking kidding me. The entire city infrastructure was 100 years old. Changing out the pipe in front of a person's house wasn't doing shit about this problem. And, that Flint was wealthy almost 40 years ago is relevant how exactly? The industry is gone. The city is dirt poor. The entire reason this happened was because they didn't have the money to keep pulling water from Detroit.

You've certainly got an interesting view of the world. People who suffer from lead poisoning are responsible for not personally paying for something the local government couldn't afford. We are all responsible for the corruption of the 2 major political parties. I'm all for personal responsibility and accountability but I think you've taken it past the point of reason and into the twighlight zone of insanity.

As a secondary point: about 5 years ago I was up for a big promotion. Everyone who was up for the job I was competing for had to take a series of tests, including some stuff that gave them a psychological profile (this was done to test your ability to work at a higher level and to evaluate your ability to lead and manage large teams). Anyway, I did well enough on the test to be put forth for the position but they did note 2 things on me. The one relevant to this discussion is they said I lacked empathy (which I don't agree with but, as it turned out, my employer at the time didn't think that was a bad thing as people who lack empathy are more than happy to let people go if necessary). I wonder how you would have scored on that part of the test. I'm thinking pretty low because, seriously, what you posted shows a total lack of interest in your fellow humans.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
30-01-2016, 10:22 PM
(30-01-2016 07:27 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(30-01-2016 03:27 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Uh, no?

There is a problem. In response to this problem, you advocated "Screw 'em". I pointed out how callous that was, especially as it lumped in people who had no fucking way to be at all accountable for the current situation; you know, like children.

So how about those children, do you still advocate screwing them too? Is neglecting the situation still your preferred solution to the problem? Or do you have a better solution that doesn't throw them under the bus while also making assumptions about other people's opinions? Consider

AS STATED --- the law is, that the homeowner is responsible for the water line from the main under the street -- to the house ---- and this is where the majority of the lead contamination is coming from. It's not a new problem. It's been there pretty much since when they quit using lead pipes -- like back in the 30's.......

Do you REALLY think that these people didn't have elevated lead levels before the switch back to the Flint River as a water source? They get better water from Detroit. (how fucking sad is THAT??) But years back - they did get their water from the Flint River......

All I'm hearing is reasons to let them drink bad water, reasons to ignore the problem, not how to fix the problem.

So I take it you still want to fuck over the children? They somehow still deserve it? Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
30-01-2016, 10:38 PM
(30-01-2016 07:27 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(30-01-2016 03:27 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Uh, no?

You do realize it was caused by the water switch right? Flint River water was too corrosive, caused the coatings on the pipes to erode. If the water source had not been switched none of this would have happened. Its Snyders fault, he has handled it so poorly.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
30-01-2016, 11:14 PM
Actually, they could have switched to the Flint river with no issues if they had added the anti-corrosive stuff they were explicitly told to add.but, they choose not to. Because it saved a few dollars. That decision looks brilliant now.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
30-01-2016, 11:21 PM
(30-01-2016 11:14 PM)BnW Wrote:  Actually, they could have switched to the Flint river with no issues if they had added the anti-corrosive stuff they were explicitly told to add.but, they choose not to. Because it saved a few dollars. That decision looks brilliant now.

My point being it wasn't the residents fault for not switching their pipes.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
31-01-2016, 03:37 AM
(30-01-2016 11:21 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(30-01-2016 11:14 PM)BnW Wrote:  Actually, they could have switched to the Flint river with no issues if they had added the anti-corrosive stuff they were explicitly told to add.but, they choose not to. Because it saved a few dollars. That decision looks brilliant now.

My point being it wasn't the residents fault for not switching their pipes.

How do you figure?

The homeowners are legally responsible for the plumbing all the way out to the main under the streets.

The majority of the lead contamination is in homes where the homeowner chose to leave the lead pipes intact - that they are responsible for.

But SOMEHOW -- Governor Snyder is responsible for a problem that has been there for longer than he's been alive.

Oh ---- he's a ( R ) --- and the Flint is a ( D ) stronghold.......

THAT all makes sense................

Wonder who they'd have blamed if Granholm was still in office?????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
31-01-2016, 08:38 AM
(31-01-2016 03:37 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(30-01-2016 11:21 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  My point being it wasn't the residents fault for not switching their pipes.

How do you figure?

The homeowners are legally responsible for the plumbing all the way out to the main under the streets.

The majority of the lead contamination is in homes where the homeowner chose to leave the lead pipes intact - that they are responsible for.

But SOMEHOW -- Governor Snyder is responsible for a problem that has been there for longer than he's been alive.

You are being as bad as some Christians, repeating the same thing and not listening to a damn thing anyone says. The pipes were fine, it was the raw nature of the flint river water that caused it. How is it the water is switched and no measures were taken to make sure it was safe to switch yet it automatically becomes the fault of every resident of Flint? Snyder knew the issue and hid it instead of taking appropriate and immediate action to fix it.

31-01-2016, 12:58 PM
(31-01-2016 08:38 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(31-01-2016 03:37 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  How do you figure?

You are being as bad as some Christians, repeating the same thing and not listening to a damn thing anyone says. The pipes were fine, it was the raw nature of the flint river water that caused it. How is it the water is switched and no measures were taken to make sure it was safe to switch yet it automatically becomes the fault of every resident of Flint? Snyder knew the issue and hid it instead of taking appropriate and immediate action to fix it.

The pipes are fine???

The pipes are fucking LEAD.....

There's a reason that people removed them. You get lead poisoning from lead pipes...... The PH of the water may have made it worse -- but regardless -- the problem is still there... The ONLY way to get rid of the problem is to get rid of the fucking lead pipes......

Which is the responsibility of the homeowner......

When my well took a shit - it cost me over $4000 (in the 1990's) to have it replaced...... The people of Flint didn't defray my cost -- I paid for it.....

Guess what???

Flint can kiss my hairy, non-lead contaminated nutsack.....

If you want to pay for their problems -- feel free.....

Don't tell me I have to cover their stupidity...

31-01-2016, 01:05 PM
(31-01-2016 03:37 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(30-01-2016 11:21 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  My point being it wasn't the residents fault for not switching their pipes.

How do you figure?

(31-01-2016 12:58 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The pipes are fine???

The pipes are fucking LEAD.....

There's a reason that people removed them. You get lead poisoning from lead pipes...... The PH of the water may have made it worse -- but regardless -- the problem is still there... The ONLY way to get rid of the problem is to get rid of the fucking lead pipes......

Which is the responsibility of the homeowner......

Maybe it's different in MI, but I just paid $2800 to replace the main water line to my house. It was a 55 yo 1/2" copper pipe, no lead involved. They replaced it with what looked like 3/4" Kevlar (or Kevlar wrapped rubber). The only lead pipes on my property are the sewage lines.

#sigh