MI Officials Shipping Clean Water to Their Own Workers 1yr Ago

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2016, 01:36 PM
RE: MI Officials Shipping Clean Water to Their Own Workers 1yr Ago
(31-01-2016 01:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(31-01-2016 03:37 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  How do you figure?

The homeowners are legally responsible for the plumbing all the way out to the main under the streets.

The majority of the lead contamination is in homes where the homeowner chose to leave the lead pipes intact - that they are responsible for.

(31-01-2016 12:58 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The pipes are fine???

The pipes are fucking LEAD.....

There's a reason that people removed them. You get lead poisoning from lead pipes...... The PH of the water may have made it worse -- but regardless -- the problem is still there... The ONLY way to get rid of the problem is to get rid of the fucking lead pipes......

Which is the responsibility of the homeowner......

Maybe it's different in MI, but I just paid $2800 to replace the main water line to my house. It was a 55 yo 1/2" copper pipe, no lead involved. They replaced it with what looked like 3/4" Kevlar (or Kevlar wrapped rubber). The only lead pipes on my property are the sewage lines.

It seems to be different in Flint......

--

As you said -- the homeowner is responsible for the line from the main to your house... From what I've heard on local radio - by plumbers -- is that almost ALL of the houses that showed up with lead contamination are those that still have lead pipes from the main to the house...... They were saying that in many cases -- houses on the same main showed drastically different levels of lead -- because the homeowners had took responsibility (like you did) and replaced the old lines which were lead..... Many of these lines predated WWII......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2016, 04:13 PM
(31-01-2016 12:58 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(31-01-2016 08:38 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  You are being as bad as some Christians, repeating the same thing and not listening to a damn thing anyone says. The pipes were fine, it was the raw nature of the flint river water that caused it. How is it the water is switched and no measures were taken to make sure it was safe to switch yet it automatically becomes the fault of every resident of Flint? Snyder knew the issue and hid it instead of taking appropriate and immediate action to fix it.

The pipes are fine???

There's a reason that people removed them. You get lead poisoning from lead pipes...... The PH of the water may have made it worse -- but regardless -- the problem is still there... The ONLY way to get rid of the problem is to get rid of the fucking lead pipes......

When my well took a shit - it cost me over $4000 (in the 1990's) to have it replaced...... The people of Flint didn't defray my cost -- I paid for it.....

Guess what???

Flint can kiss my hairy, non-lead contaminated nutsack.....

If you want to pay for their problems -- feel free.....

Don't tell me I have to cover their stupidity...

The pipes had a coating to prevent lead from getting in the water, the untreated flint river water eroded that coating allowing lead to get into the water, they were able to lower the lead amount with the addition of phosphate to recoat the pipes. Yes, the homeowners could replace their pipes but it is the error of the government that caused the issue and so they should pay for it. Why the hell you think all this even started with the switching of water sources?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
01-02-2016, 05:52 AM
(31-01-2016 04:13 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(31-01-2016 12:58 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The pipes are fine???

When my well took a shit - it cost me over $4000 (in the 1990's) to have it replaced...... The people of Flint didn't defray my cost -- I paid for it.....

Guess what???

Flint can kiss my hairy, non-lead contaminated nutsack.....

If you want to pay for their problems -- feel free.....

Don't tell me I have to cover their stupidity...

The pipes had a coating to prevent lead from getting in the water, the untreated flint river water eroded that coating allowing lead to get into the water, they were able to lower the lead amount with the addition of phosphate to recoat the pipes. Yes, the homeowners could replace their pipes but it is the error of the government that caused the issue and so they should pay for it. Why the hell you think all this even started with the switching of water sources?

First off -- Flint's government was so fucked up that the state had to implement an emergency manager.

So people from Lansing had to assume control - and you think they knew how fucking ancient and substandard the people of Flint had allowed their water infrastructure to become???????

Shit -- have you seen the records for Flint's water system?????

It's written on 3 x 5 cards --- some of which dates back to the 1920's.....

If you told me someone still had lead piping --- I'd have told you that nobody could POSSIBLY be that fucking stupid... Apparently, I'd have been wrong.

Nope -- the responsibility for this fuckup is on the people of Flint.

All the people saying Governor Snyder needs to resign (and Cher who says he needs to be killed) can go fuck themselves.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
01-02-2016, 05:58 AM
(01-02-2016 05:52 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(31-01-2016 04:13 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  The pipes had a coating to prevent lead from getting in the water, the untreated flint river water eroded that coating allowing lead to get into the water, they were able to lower the lead amount with the addition of phosphate to recoat the pipes. Yes, the homeowners could replace their pipes but it is the error of the government that caused the issue and so they should pay for it. Why the hell you think all this even started with the switching of water sources?

First off -- Flint's government was so fucked up that the state had to implement an emergency manager.

So people from Lansing had to assume control - and you think they knew how fucking ancient and substandard the people of Flint had allowed their water infrastructure to become???????

If you told me someone still had lead piping --- I'd have told you that nobody could POSSIBLY be that fucking stupid... Apparently, I'd have been wrong.

All the people saying Governor Snyder needs to resign (and Cher who says he needs to be killed) can go fuck themselves.......

Right, so you still want those kids to drink bad water? Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
01-02-2016, 06:06 AM
(01-02-2016 05:58 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(01-02-2016 05:52 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  First off -- Flint's government was so fucked up that the state had to implement an emergency manager.

Right, so you still want those kids to drink bad water? Consider

Trying to make me look like an ogre doesn't make those morons less responsible for their problems.....

If these people would get rid of the lead pipes that THEY are legally responsible for - they wouldn't have to dump unnecessary chemicals in the water.

Every solution they want is like putting a bandaid on a sucking chest wound.

FIX THE PLUMBING.

I'm not opposed to helping out people in an emergency - I'm opposed to taking care of someone's problem that has been around since before my DAD was born.....

01-02-2016, 10:01 AM
(01-02-2016 06:06 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(01-02-2016 05:58 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Right, so you still want those kids to drink bad water? Consider

Trying to make me look like an ogre doesn't make those morons less responsible for their problems.....

If these people would get rid of the lead pipes that THEY are legally responsible for - they wouldn't have to dump unnecessary chemicals in the water.

FIX THE PLUMBING.

Renters aren't legally responsible though, and if the owners weren't compelled to replace them why would they?

#sigh
01-02-2016, 11:48 AM
(01-02-2016 10:01 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-02-2016 06:06 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Trying to make me look like an ogre doesn't make those morons less responsible for their problems.....

FIX THE PLUMBING.

Renters aren't legally responsible though, and if the owners weren't compelled to replace them why would they?

A good question.. I don't have an answer.

I guess if I was renting in Flint -- I'd be getting a lawyer....

01-02-2016, 12:06 PM
(01-02-2016 11:48 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(01-02-2016 10:01 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Renters aren't legally responsible though, and if the owners weren't compelled to replace them why would they?

A good question.. I don't have an answer.

It's gonna result in a shitload of class action law suits where the lawyers are gonna make out big time and the people actually affected ain't gonna get dick. I'd sue on my own and forego any inclusion in a class action suit. Many don't have that option.

#sigh
01-02-2016, 02:39 PM
(01-02-2016 12:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-02-2016 11:48 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  A good question.. I don't have an answer.

It's gonna result in a shitload of class action law suits where the lawyers are gonna make out big time and the people actually affected ain't gonna get dick. I'd sue on my own and forego any inclusion in a class action suit. Many don't have that option.

I don't see a class action suit.....

Bear in mind -- ONLY the people with lead piping really bad a problem.... The majority -- not the minority of households were OK with the switchover.....Washington Post reported that only 10 percent of households were above the "contamination treshhold" of 15 ppb.....

You can't sue the city - because HOMEOWNERS refused to make the prudent upgrades to their plumbing.......

It'd be suing one homeowner at a time...

Suing the city, or the state is just looking for a "deep pockets" defendant...