MLK Day Conspiracy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2015, 08:04 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2015 08:10 PM by smileXsmileXsmile.)
MLK Day Conspiracy?
Someone posted this on FB? http://newsone.com/2843790/did-you-know-...r-king-jr/

Anyone know about this?

And below he posted this, which is apparently 20+ pages of proof http://www.justice.gov/crt/about/crm/mlk/part2.php

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2015, 08:05 PM
RE: MLK Day Conspiracy?
It said "nothing found".

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-01-2015, 08:15 PM
A quick skimming of the articles (I looked elsewhere) doesn't show what many claim. It's a wrongful death suit, not a criminal murder trial. Now here's the problem: civil court needs much less evidence than criminal court. Example: OJ Simpson wasn't found guilty in criminal court, but civil court says he did kill those two.

If I read the various articles right, the testimony of (most? all?) the witnesses was unsworn. That is, they weren't saying they were telling the truth for fear of perjury.

Also, you can't sue the federal government (or your state, etc) without the permission of the same. And let's be honest, the fed isn't going to let you sue them for that. Furthermore, I keep seeing claims of conspiracy among the federal government, state government, the Mafia, etc. I get very skeptical when I see anything that connects the fed and the Mafia. (Long story.)

So maybe, maybe not. Jury deliberated for an hour.

Edit: just the justice.gov page
Quote:After original investigation and analysis of the historical record, we have concluded that neither the Jowers nor the Wilson allegations are substantiated or credible. We likewise have determined that the allegations relating to Raoul's participation in the assassination, which originated with James Earl Ray, have no merit. Finally, we find that there is no reliable evidence to support the allegations presented in King v. Jowers of a government-directed conspiracy involving the Mafia and Dr. King's associates. Accordingly, no further investigation is warranted.

Never mind. Nothing to see here. Smile
19-01-2015, 08:20 PM
There was a court case in the late 90s involving, I believe, King's widow, where the issue was raised. A jury found the government conspired to kill him. The problem is the US government was not a party to the case, no evidence was presented to support the claim, and nothing was validated.

I wouldn't put to much stock in anything relying on that trial as there is no proof.

Just saw the post above mine. One point: you can sue the federal government. They have passed various statues that allow for it and basically waive the sovereign immunity of the United States. Same is true of the various state governments.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
19-01-2015, 08:20 PM
Wrong section.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-01-2015, 08:23 PM
(19-01-2015 08:20 PM)BnW Wrote:  There was a court case in the late 90s involving, I believe, King's widow, where the issue was raised. A jury found the government conspired to kill him. The problem is the US government was not a party to the case, no evidence was presented to support the claim, and nothing was validated.

I wouldn't put to much stock in anything relying on that trial as there is no proof.

Oh I remember reading something about that. Thanks. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces