MLM and Religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2017, 09:50 AM
MLM and Religion
I got into Young Living Essential Oils MLM.

Still in it, technically (my wallet is being held hostage at this point).

The emphasis on religion was the final straw for me.

I just got into this business because I was financially desperate. Most of my old high school friends have started blocking me on social media. And that was the last thing I ever wanted to happen, since those (what I believed to be) friendships were everything in the world to me. I think I tried too hard.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2017, 11:02 AM
RE: MLM and Religion
That's sad to hear about your friends. Do you mean they blocked you because of sales pitches, or something?

I didn't know essential oils had a religious emphasis. I know it's regarded as alt-medacine, but I didn't know there was a religious component. Did you get out of selling them?
12-09-2017, 12:18 PM
Marmot Lasso Motel?
Multi Lingual Meditation?
Mahogany Like Mammary?
Mocha Lime Milkshake?

I got nothing...

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 4 users Like BikerDude's post
12-09-2017, 12:24 PM
Multi-Level Marketing

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
12-09-2017, 12:43 PM
(12-09-2017 12:18 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  Marmot Lasso Motel?
Multi Lingual Meditation?
Mahogany Like Mammary?
Mocha Lime Milkshake?

I got nothing...

Multi-Level Marketing. Otherwise known as PSwaP (Pyramid Schemes with a Product) Companies. There are a few MLMs that have been around for decades - think Amway and Avon - but most are just barely on the lighter-shade-of-gray side of the line from being illegal. A large percent eventually cross over that line, then the top Execs take their ill-gotten gains, disband, and put their money into a new scheme a step or two ahead of the law, while the Associates/Distributors/Dupes are left with nothing.

Myth of MLM Income Opportunity: 99% Lose Money in MLM

I have a tried-and-true repellent for people trying to recruit me for any MLM: "Yes. We studied MLMs in a Marketing class when I was in Business College, and ..." They suddenly have urgent business elsewhere or have a call on another line. Every. Damned. Time. So sad that a business doesn't want people with a Business degree, but mysteriously, they don't! Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Rockblossom's post
12-09-2017, 01:00 PM
Sorry you got tricked into the scheme. If you're still in it, get out. You'll just be throwing more money away if you don't.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-09-2017, 01:02 PM
I have many relatives doing Mary Kay, where the reps are told to put Gawd first, family second, and Mary Kay third...
12-09-2017, 01:44 PM
(12-09-2017 12:24 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Multi-Level Marketing

Oh No!
It's more horrible than I thought.

[Image: 1445284570093.jpg]

Like Herbalife?
Check out the betting on zero documentary.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post
12-09-2017, 07:34 PM
(12-09-2017 01:44 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  Like Herbalife?

Yes, that. Betting on Zero is on Netflix. I think it is also on Amazon streaming, but it may not be free there.

After seeing this documentary, it should surprise no one that Carl Icahn, the man propping up the stock value of Herbalife, is a "good friend" of Donald Trump's. He was one of the President's economic advisors on deregulating businesses (Surprise, surprise!) until he resigned on 20 August over conflicts of interest.
[+] 1 user Likes Rockblossom's post
12-09-2017, 07:50 PM
(12-09-2017 07:34 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  
(12-09-2017 01:44 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  Like Herbalife?

Yes, that. Betting on Zero is on Netflix. I think it is also on Amazon streaming, but it may not be free there.

After seeing this documentary, it should surprise no one that Carl Icahn, the man propping up the stock value of Herbalife, is a "good friend" of Donald Trump's. He was one of the President's economic advisors on deregulating businesses (Surprise, surprise!) until he resigned on 20 August over conflicts of interest.

Wait a minute - didn't Carl Icahn come up in connection with the Russian investigation? I really need to stop letting the news run on TV while I am doing something else, I'm bound to miss some of the facts...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man