MLS Playoffs 2016

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2016, 05:10 PM
MLS Playoffs 2016
For the MLS Cup and the final spot in the 17-18 CONCACAF Champions League (Toronto FC, New York Red Bulls, FC Dallas and Colorado Rapids already have berths, and are all alive in the MLS Cup Playoffs right now, so I need to brush up on who would be next in line).

http://www.mlssoccer.com/

I'm watching the opening leg of LA Galaxy/Colorado Rapids conference semi. It's 1-0 (1-0 agg) to LAG right now. Montreal beat NY Red Bulls earlier, also 1-0 (somebody got a red card, but I didn't catch who. Very late in the match).

In 5', I'll turn to FS1 for NYCFC/Toronto, 1st leg. Actually, I'll probably nap, because I've been ill, but whatevs.

And hey, everybody! Seattle Sounders won their playin with Sporting KC, and so they now face FC Dallas in a conference semi. Rough year, but with Sigi Schmid replaced as coach, they have a new energy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2016, 05:43 PM
RE: MLS Playoffs 2016
Would love to see the play-offs but can't get it over here in Ireland. We do have an interest as a couple of Irish players may be involved, Kevin Doyle ( Colorado Rapids ) and Robbie Keane ( LA Galaxy).

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
06-11-2016, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2016 10:23 PM by Skyhawk.)
Oh, boy! They faced eachother in the conference semis, with Colorado Rapids advancing (Agg 1-1, 3-1 PKS). They will face the winner of the other semi, between FC Dallas and Seattle Sounders FC, which is on now: 0-0 (0-3 agg), 21'.

ETA: And it's Seattle. (2-4 agg. win)
22-11-2016, 11:35 PM
Montreal beats Toronto tonight, and Seattle beats Colorado. Leg 2 upcoming.
01-12-2016, 11:12 PM
Seattle at Toronto for the MLS CUP. Seattle still needs to win for a berth in the CONCACAF Champions League. If that doesn't happen, NYCFC gets that berth.
10-12-2016, 10:38 PM
And Seattle Sounders FC wins the 2016 MLS Cup after PKs.