MONKEYS CAN'T TALK!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2013, 01:53 AM
RE: MONKEYS CAN'T TALK!
(08-06-2013 01:39 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  bbeljefe's advice is to move to no cancer, but to truly have baby steps you need Big Cancer>Small Cancer>No Cancer.

Fixtit for ya. Thumbsup

Oh and... how's that voting for smaller cancer been working out for ya?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2013, 02:12 AM
I think there has been progress actually. More Libertarians in more government seats. By the way Big Cancer>Small Cancer>No Cancer describes radiation treatment, which is pretty normal Dodgy

On the other hand, how has not voting at all been working out for you? Laugh out load

Find all posts by this user
08-06-2013, 02:26 AM
(08-06-2013 02:12 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I think there has been progress actually. More Libertarians in more government seats. By the way Big Cancer>Small Cancer>No Cancer describes radiation treatment, which is pretty normal Dodgy

On the other hand, how has not voting at all been working out for you? Laugh out load

Quite well actually. I've not wasted one minute of my time worrying about which sociopath would be a good sociopath to beg for scraps from, I've not had to beg the state for a permission slip with my name and a letter on it so I could drive to some out of the way location and go inside a little booth and make marks on some paper. Oh and, I've not had to keep up my membership with the LP and I've not had to donate money to them over and over and over again any more so some guy I've never heard of could become county commissioner of Dillweed SC.

And yeah, I totally fucked up that metaphor.... it was supposed to be tumor, not cancer. Tongue

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
08-06-2013, 02:35 AM
I actually haven't donated money to any party ever, and I'm not an official member of the party. I have voted for a LP candidate...multiple actually, and I've donated a token amount of money to a Republican Candidate. You can probably guess which one. Voting....urgh. On that front I will say I've been frustrated. Absentee Ballots that just get thrown away...standing in long line and getting jerked around at where I'm supposed to vote, but on the bright side I have changed the minds of some people and got them to vote for smaller government, so as long as I sew seeds of more freedom I think my efforts are worthwhile. At least I am content with my efforts.

08-06-2013, 03:03 AM
(08-06-2013 02:35 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I actually haven't donated money to any party ever, and I'm not an official member of the party. I have voted for a LP candidate...multiple actually, and I've donated a token amount of money to a Republican Candidate. You can probably guess which one. Voting....urgh. On that front I will say I've been frustrated. Absentee Ballots that just get thrown away...standing in long line and getting jerked around at where I'm supposed to vote, but on the bright side I have changed the minds of some people and got them to vote for smaller government, so as long as I sew seeds of more freedom I think my efforts are worthwhile. At least I am content with my efforts.

You know I'm just fucking with you... to a point. Big Grin I don't think there's any appreciable amount of change that the LP can make to the federal government, just like I didn't think there was a thing Ron Paul could have done. It's a rigged game and, some of the cuts Paul wanted to make would quite literally have caused economic chaos if he'd actually gotten them made.

I just got another please come back package from the LP a few days ago. And if I had it in me to play politics on a local scale, I'd probably still be a card carrying member because I think they actually do make some bit of a difference when they get someone in on a local level. It's just that I can no longer lend sanction to the state on any level for any reason because it is all corrupt... right down to dog catcher.

But with all that said, I don't begrudge anyone who tries to bring some sense of reason into the game. If nothing else, the growth of the LP will act as a gateway drug to anarchy for more and more people. Actually, it already does that. I haven't met one anarcho-capitalist who didn't get here by a means other than through the LP or, at least, classical liberalism. Smile

You're on the list....Evil_monster

08-06-2013, 04:11 AM
(08-06-2013 03:03 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(08-06-2013 02:35 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I actually haven't donated money to any party ever, and I'm not an official member of the party. I have voted for a LP candidate...multiple actually, and I've donated a token amount of money to a Republican Candidate. You can probably guess which one. Voting....urgh. On that front I will say I've been frustrated. Absentee Ballots that just get thrown away...standing in long line and getting jerked around at where I'm supposed to vote, but on the bright side I have changed the minds of some people and got them to vote for smaller government, so as long as I sew seeds of more freedom I think my efforts are worthwhile. At least I am content with my efforts.

You know I'm just fucking with you... to a point. Big Grin I don't think there's any appreciable amount of change that the LP can make to the federal government, just like I didn't think there was a thing Ron Paul could have done. It's a rigged game and, some of the cuts Paul wanted to make would quite literally have caused economic chaos if he'd actually gotten them made.

I just got another please come back package from the LP a few days ago. And if I had it in me to play politics on a local scale, I'd probably still be a card carrying member because I think they actually do make some bit of a difference when they get someone in on a local level. It's just that I can no longer lend sanction to the state on any level for any reason because it is all corrupt... right down to dog catcher.

But with all that said, I don't begrudge anyone who tries to bring some sense of reason into the game. If nothing else, the growth of the LP will act as a gateway drug to anarchy for more and more people. Actually, it already does that. I haven't met one anarcho-capitalist who didn't get here by a means other than through the LP or, at least, classical liberalism. Smile

You're on the list....Evil_monster

That ain't gonna happen 'till you make better sense of the Anarchists stance on the military, my friend. I've talked with many Anarchist, and this is one thing which I cannot agree with any of them on thus far, because none of you fuckers have any good answers. The best response I've gotten it "Well, I don't know." The more common response I've gotten is something along the lines of "You're a baby-killing puppet. Fuck the system!" But I've gotten that a fair number of times from Libertarians as well, so whatever.

08-06-2013, 04:50 AM
(08-06-2013 04:11 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  That ain't gonna happen 'till you make better sense of the Anarchists stance on the military, my friend. I've talked with many Anarchist, and this is one thing which I cannot agree with any of them on thus far, because none of you fuckers have any good answers. The best response I've gotten it "Well, I don't know." The more common response I've gotten is something along the lines of "You're a baby-killing puppet. Fuck the system!" But I've gotten that a fair number of times from Libertarians as well, so whatever.

Yabut... aren't you glad the abolitionists weren't required to submit a comprehensive plan on how black people would earn their livings after slavery, before the government would agree to end slavery?

08-06-2013, 05:16 AM
I don't think that is a fair comparison to be honest with you. Just because it was right for one situation does not mean it is right for all situations. There didn't need to be plan submitted to end slavery, ergo we never need to plan doesn't work...at least not logically. I could say "Well in such and such battle, everyone just went apeshit and attacked. They were victorious. Therefore we should never have a battle plan." If you cannot come up with a suitable answer that doesn't mean, "Fuck it, it'll work it.", more likely, it means it is a faulty idea.

08-06-2013, 05:55 AM

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
08-06-2013, 12:50 PM
(08-06-2013 05:16 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I don't think that is a fair comparison to be honest with you. Just because it was right for one situation does not mean it is right for all situations. There didn't need to be plan submitted to end slavery, ergo we never need to plan doesn't work...at least not logically. I could say "Well in such and such battle, everyone just went apeshit and attacked. They were victorious. Therefore we should never have a battle plan." If you cannot come up with a suitable answer that doesn't mean, "Fuck it, it'll work it.", more likely, it means it is a faulty idea.

One doesn't need much of a battle plan if one isn't going around starting battles. Look at the Swiss.

What you're doing here, whether consciously or not, is setting up a hurdle that's purposefully too high to jump. Another such hurdle faced by abolitionists was the question of how cotton would be harvested in the absence of slave labor.

Let's say you were an 18th century, southern cotton farmer and I was a clairvoyant abolitionist who could answer that question exactly...

What's going to happen in a hundred years or so is that there will be these giant steel machines, some forty feet wide, sixty feet long and fifteen feet tall. They will scrape the cotton off the plants, roll it into nice, tight bundles and shoot it out the back of the machine onto smaller machines that will then haul the already bailed cotton to market. These machines will, with only a few men operating them, harvest more cotton in one day than fifty slaves can harvest in a week. And, they will run on composted plant fuels that have been buried in the Earth for millions of years.

You'd laugh, tell me I was insane and order me off your property.