MORMON MOVIE (work-in-progress) First Look

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2012, 09:21 AM
While browsing kickstarter today to deem who's worthy of some of my hard earned cash for a new and nifty idea -I run across this:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/XanA...first-look

A movie that I instantly connect with. A former Mormon documentary. Looks interesting and seems like the producer is well capable of pulling it off. I'd like to see it happen so I plan to donate to the project. I'm debating on weather or not I should share it on my FB wall? Since the rest of my family are still active and some from the Mexican colonies, I wonder what their reaction will be? It looks like it will be made largely from the directors personal past in the church. She describes herself as a former Mormon yet it doesn't feel like she's overtly anti-Mormon. Not sure what her overall take is going to be but I'd like to see it when completed.

"Inspired by religious educational films her mother starred in while a student at Brigham Young University during the 1960s, director Xan Aranda (Andrew Bird: Fever Year) revisits her ancestral religion through the lens of two classics: a black-and-white Western portraying an historic clash between Mormon colonists and Pancho Villa in Mexico, and a jewel-toned yet tragic cautionary tale about marriage and doubt. As deeper threads of “LDS” beliefs are revealed, Xan explores the controversially clean-cut community she left behind – and her family’s spiritual fate beyond death."

Documentary in production with Kartemquin Films. Estimated release: 2014. Estimated length: 80 min.

Ɨ͚͙͢͟͠Ŧ̯͔̳̺̬̣̻ͅ ͖̬̰͖̺Ŧ̭̻̲̳̝̦̗Ⱥ̹̩͚͘͠͡Ꝁ̷͖̲͓̖͍̺̻Ɇ̧͈̟̞S̨̢̟̥̮­͇͈͓͉͉̣ ̶̵̪̜̪̰͕̙̱̜Ⱥ̧̝͉̕Ł̰̤̲͠Ø̨̡̯͍͙̩̭̦̦͔͔͟Ŧ̵̠̣̬̝ͅ­̬͓͚ ̮͍͙Ŧ̷͍͖̳̺͕̲̬͚͜ͅØ̷̷̳̗̠̻ ̻̪M͉̠͟Ⱥ͏̫̳̣Ꝁ̶̷̜̪͈̪Ɇ̧̦̳̻̘͙̗͉̠ ̨̯͉͙͚̫͓̜̗̗͝͝Ⱥ̡͎̳̤͚ ̴̰̥̩͎̜̣̗̕ͅS̢͈Ŧ͕͉͓͚͔Ɇ͕̙͉̫͓͉͈̖͞ͅW҉̗̖̟̳́ ̢͕̲̰͔́͞
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Grassy Knoll's post
04-09-2012, 09:29 AM
RE: MORMON MOVIE (work-in-progress) First Look
So its 2 hours of people dressed in a shirt and tie going door to door asking if they've heard about Jesus?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
05-09-2012, 05:54 PM
(04-09-2012 09:29 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  So its 2 hours of people dressed in a shirt and tie going door to door asking if they've heard about Jesus?

Didn't the south park guys do something like that already?

I'm hoping Xan's documentary will be a critique of old Mormon indoctrination films. It's obviously a personal story too given that her mother was in some of those films.

Maybe something a little less harsh than this:

Ɨ͚͙͢͟͠Ŧ̯͔̳̺̬̣̻ͅ ͖̬̰͖̺Ŧ̭̻̲̳̝̦̗Ⱥ̹̩͚͘͠͡Ꝁ̷͖̲͓̖͍̺̻Ɇ̧͈̟̞S̨̢̟̥̮­͇͈͓͉͉̣ ̶̵̪̜̪̰͕̙̱̜Ⱥ̧̝͉̕Ł̰̤̲͠Ø̨̡̯͍͙̩̭̦̦͔͔͟Ŧ̵̠̣̬̝ͅ­̬͓͚ ̮͍͙Ŧ̷͍͖̳̺͕̲̬͚͜ͅØ̷̷̳̗̠̻ ̻̪M͉̠͟Ⱥ͏̫̳̣Ꝁ̶̷̜̪͈̪Ɇ̧̦̳̻̘͙̗͉̠ ̨̯͉͙͚̫͓̜̗̗͝͝Ⱥ̡͎̳̤͚ ̴̰̥̩͎̜̣̗̕ͅS̢͈Ŧ͕͉͓͚͔Ɇ͕̙͉̫͓͉͈̖͞ͅW҉̗̖̟̳́ ̢͕̲̰͔́͞
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-09-2012, 01:58 AM
Mormon movie?....................They're allowed to make movies?

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
15-12-2012, 07:47 PM
It looks interesting, sadly my humourous side had me laughing a dim a dozen at that "measure of a man" short film commentary and unfortunately I would normally opt for that.
15-12-2012, 08:42 PM
(06-09-2012 01:58 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  Mormon movie?....................They're allowed to make movies?

You might be thinking of the Amish.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
16-12-2012, 03:09 AM
Devil's Playground 2002? Does that count?