MSM says "Gay-rights activist rips Bible, mocks teens fleeing room"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2012, 05:58 AM
RE: MSM says "Gay-rights activist rips Bible, mocks teens fleeing room"
Dan Savage has mucho courage. I especially liked how he mentioned that the same fundies who pick and choose which verses to ignore and/or enforce turn around and act like terrified children when someone has the guts to stand up and point out their attacks and hypocrisy. - as we all know, if we dont allow the fundies to persecute everyone else, then we are presecuting and martyring them.

"Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!" - RevJ. Cool

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes reverendjeremiah's post
30-04-2012, 06:12 AM
Dammit in China, cant see the video....sounds like fun though

The secret to a happy life is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met
Find all posts by this user
30-04-2012, 07:53 AM
That was awesome. I like how people who probably could think critically if they tried walk out because they are afraid of blasphemy.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
30-04-2012, 08:05 AM
Legend.

[Image: opforum1.png]
30-04-2012, 08:06 AM
On the issue of slavery and the Bible:

The Bible doesn't promote slavery; however, it doesn't condemn it either. It instructs the slave owners how to treat their slaves.

Slavery was a part of the society back then. Our social evolution had not reached a point where it was condemned and seen as wrong.

It's akin to abortion being a part of our society today. Likewise, I do not oppose abortion, but that does not mean I support it. Socially, I understand why it's legal and acceptable, and that there are others that don't believe the same as me. This was the same premise for slavery in Biblical times.

It's frustrating when people take this out of context.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
30-04-2012, 08:09 AM
(30-04-2012 08:06 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  On the issue of slavery and the Bible:

The Bible doesn't promote slavery; however, it doesn't condemn it either. It instructs the slave owners how to treat their slaves.

Slavery was a part of the society back then. Our social evolution had not reached a point where it was condemned and seen as wrong.

It's akin to abortion being a part of our society today. Likewise, I do not oppose abortion, but that does not mean I support it. Socially, I understand why it's legal and acceptable, and that there are others that don't believe the same as me. This was the same premise for slavery in Biblical times.

I though that morality from god is rather objective... it would be odd that the word of God changes with society...hmm.

[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
30-04-2012, 08:10 AM

God is all-knowing. Therefore his moral guidebook should have never made slavery even seem okay. But then again, there are a lot of attrocities in the Bible.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
30-04-2012, 08:50 AM
(30-04-2012 08:09 AM)frankiej Wrote:  

I though that morality from god is rather objective... it would be odd that the word of God changes with society...hmm.
Morality is subjective in nature.

God wants us to extol empathy and suppress selfishness. The objective morality mentioned in the Bible is for general use. It is a type of behavior we are supposed to follow.

Is it always 100% wrong to lie? No.
Is it always 100% wrong to kill? No.
Is it always 100% wrong to steal? No.

God gives us general morality and how to behave as a society.

On a different note, God's morality is autonomous.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
30-04-2012, 09:03 AM
Well, I'm glad we cleared that up Confused

[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
30-04-2012, 09:22 AM
(30-04-2012 08:50 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-04-2012 08:09 AM)frankiej Wrote:  I though that morality from god is rather objective... it would be odd that the word of God changes with society...hmm.
God wants us to extol empathy and suppress selfishness. The objective morality mentioned in the Bible is for general use. It is a type of behavior we are supposed to follow.
Slavery and honor killings are moral behavior we are supposed to follow? Why is it that we humans can see the error in this but God never seemed to care about sacrificing your daughter who's hymen broke carrying buckets of drinking water. Shouldn't God intervene in the stupidity of man like he has supposed done before? Not only did he allow it happen but it's written in the Bible as God's word. Not only does he allow but he condoned it. IMO making God's morals beneath mine.

-Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post