Mac or PC? yes I am starting this classical debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2014, 04:36 AM
RE: Mac or PC? yes I am starting this classical debate
Is there any OSX only software worthy of the trouble to Hackintosh.?

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
19-02-2014, 05:16 AM
Good point sporelux. But some people are just after the looks and not the quality

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
19-02-2014, 11:25 AM
(19-02-2014 05:16 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  Good point sporelux. But some people are just after the looks and not the quality

Apple can make a gorgeous form factor, but I've personally always valued practicality more.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
19-02-2014, 11:45 AM
(18-02-2014 11:14 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(18-02-2014 10:48 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  This was a huge issue in the office that used mostly Macs. Even when we used Office for Mac, there were formatting issues that made beautifully designed documents look like a 5th grade book report with pictures haphazardly placed. It was even worse for the users that insisted on using iWork.

If you do anything in the way of presentations, use a PC. The office I worked at was internationally famous for the presentations we did. Many of you have probably seen one or more. They ALL had to be shown on a Mac because the formatting got completely effed when displayed on a PC. The software simply isn't compatible. (I now know exactly how difficult it is to get a Macbook into Pakistan without it being confiscated)

PDF's are your friend.

PDFs are only your friend in situations where a PDF is an acceptable format for the final product. When you are collaborating with multiple partners on a document, expecting that all of them will have PDF authoring software and are proficient in it is a bit of a stretch.

PDFs are also a terrible presentation media. Our presentations were flashy, had custom transitions, vector graphics, etc. There is only so much you can do with a PDF.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
19-02-2014, 12:15 PM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2014 12:19 PM by Filox.)
(14-02-2014 02:18 PM)Pearl Wrote:  Ok I know this debate has been done to death BUT I really really need some advice here folks. I am currently working off of a chromebook, which is fine for casual internet browsing but I really need something that does it all. I have never used a Mac before but I have an ipad and iphone so I do know that much about Apple products. I am in the creative industry and I know Apples can do some pretty neat things but I just don't know. So anyway, I would love to hear some opinions about PC vs Mac.Smile

Ima gonna skip all these post and answer to the OP...

You see, a long, long time ago in a galaxy exactly where you are now there was Apple and there was a PC and they were different things. PCs used an x86 IBM technology for their CPU (central processing unit), while Apple used PPC (Performance Optimization With Enhanced RISC – Performance Computing) architecture. There was a difference there and PPC was better for professional use, like graphics and video applications. Back then it a simple choice, if you wanted something for everyday use and games, you'd get a PC. IF you were all about graphic design and/or video editing, you'd get a Mac. Don't get this the wrong way, a good PC could do everything Mac could, it's just that Mac was a bit better in some specific areas, so if you needed a maximum there, it was the obvious choice. This meant you lost the ability to play 90% of the games.

Then, in the year 2006 Apple decided to switch to x86 Intel processors and that was the end of the difference between a Mac and a PC. Apple did keep good looks and high quality parts and all that, but if you want, you can always build a better PC (better looking, same or higher specifications) for less money. There is also a question of operating system, which comes with Apple, the MacOS. If you do not want Windows OS, you do have a huge selection of Linux distributions for your PC, so you have an alternative in a PC world. Actually, you have a much bigger choice than you get with a Mac, not only for your OS, but for all the applications as well. Since Mac is now basically an Intel based PC, you can use Windows on a Mac and MacOS on a PC, so this does not have to affect your decision in any way.

Is there really a choice here? Is it true that only hipsters buy Macs today? Stay tunned for the next episode of ...

Cool

P.S.

Oh, and did I forget to mention the games? Not many games are made for Mac...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
19-02-2014, 05:35 PM
I just might install OS X leopard and look if my mac.in.pc and look if people are stupin 'nuf to pay premium price....

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
19-02-2014, 06:53 PM
My brother installed windows on his macbook. It starts incredibly slow... Which is weird because it is actually a pretty decent machine. It almost seems like its purposely refusing to run windows efficiently.
19-02-2014, 07:26 PM
Windows runs decent on powerful macs, but its hard to trust the driver support when its such a small market, and no one earning money to have a reason to fix any driver glitches that arise.
I recommend macs for family members who don't really need a computer, but find a tablet awkward to use.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
19-02-2014, 10:17 PM
(19-02-2014 06:53 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  My brother installed windows on his macbook. It starts incredibly slow... Which is weird because it is actually a pretty decent machine. It almost seems like its purposely refusing to run windows efficiently.

You mean like atheists pretending to be theists?

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 2 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post
20-02-2014, 02:05 AM
[Image: trashcan-mac-pro.jpg]

One of these black cylinders is a $79 trashcan. The other is an almost-$4000 Apple Mac Pro. Choose wisely.

The Worst Things For Sale

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post